Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality 15:48 - Jan 18 with 2911 viewsCokeIsKey

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:05 - Jan 18 with 611 viewsNthQldITFC

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 16:55 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Did you see the analysis from the Burton fans about our weaknesses at the weekend. Had us spot on

There is a whole thread on this. Just the 2 slides shown here

One of those slides says we've only scored 1 goal from 114 corners this season

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:11 - Jan 18 with 589 viewsElderGrizzly

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:05 - Jan 18 by NthQldITFC

One of those slides says we've only scored 1 goal from 114 corners this season

Indeed. We are toothless.

Bizarrely, I think we've only conceded once from a corner too, so there's a positive.
To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:19 - Jan 18 with 565 viewstractorboy1978

Evans, O'Neill and Lambert come out with statements and comments that would have been difficult to disprove many years ago (even though visually clear). But with the growing number of people outside clubs doing the sort of analysis you see here and with social media, it is simply so easy to quash it and make them look stupid.
To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:23 - Jan 18 with 543 viewsjayessess

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:11 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. We are toothless.

Bizarrely, I think we've only conceded once from a corner too, so there's a positive.

Usually with "we're rubbish at corners" stuff I jump in and say "actually, the likelihood of scoring from a corner is low for everyone", but 1 in 114 actually is genuinely pretty terrible - the average is 3 in 100.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:34 - Jan 18 with 520 viewsChurchman

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 16:01 - Jan 18 by jayessess

if you look at any of the underlying stats like this you realise it's a miracle we're this high in the league.

We’ve had a lot of luck so far this season, as we did at the beginning of last. We’ve stolen points off clubs like Crewe and if we had say 8 points less, that’d be about right. That’d put us about 15th which is about where we belong.

We are nowhere near promotion in any way, shape or form sadly and even more sadly, there is no serious appetite by the owner for it either. If there was, Lambert would be gone and boring somebody else about how great his career was.
To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:45 - Jan 18 with 489 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:34 - Jan 18 by Churchman

We’ve had a lot of luck so far this season, as we did at the beginning of last. We’ve stolen points off clubs like Crewe and if we had say 8 points less, that’d be about right. That’d put us about 15th which is about where we belong.

We are nowhere near promotion in any way, shape or form sadly and even more sadly, there is no serious appetite by the owner for it either. If there was, Lambert would be gone and boring somebody else about how great his career was.

We've had a lot of bad luck to be fair as well, with that little run of terrible ref decisions. I don't really think you can just take 8 points off for luck whilst ignoring where we were robbed.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 19:30 - Jan 18 with 416 viewsEireannach_gorm

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 16:55 - Jan 18 by ElderGrizzly

Did you see the analysis from the Burton fans about our weaknesses at the weekend. Had us spot on

There is a whole thread on this. Just the 2 slides shown here

Who knew that Chambers was not a Fullback ( and has no pace )?
In the meantime we play our fastest defenders in the centre. Is it a condition of the loan that McGuinness plays Centre Half?
On the other side we have an equally mature Fullback who ( per another slide ) never ventures out of his own half.

What are our tactics then? We want ball playing defenders ( Goalkeeper included ) to play it to each other in order to what............hypnotise the other team thus allow us to score unopposed? Elderly wingbacks to cross to a solo forward from their own half? Defensive midfielders who don't defend. Always playing one up front when we only score with two? As someone else said it is amazing that we are so high in the table. My belief is that it is just a very weak division and we are embarrassing ourselves against poor teams. But for that Chambers block we would have drawn with the bottom team in the division.

Strange days indeed.

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 19:35 - Jan 18 with 405 viewsstantheman

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 17:23 - Jan 18 by jayessess

Usually with "we're rubbish at corners" stuff I jump in and say "actually, the likelihood of scoring from a corner is low for everyone", but 1 in 114 actually is genuinely pretty terrible - the average is 3 in 100.

The reason being that we havn't had a good dead ball taker for as long as I can remember. Most of the corners I have seen for the last few seasons have been bloody dreadful.
Login to get fewer ads

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 19:35 - Jan 18 with 404 viewsNthQldITFC

To all the happy clappers who think we’re anywhere near promotion quality on 19:30 - Jan 18 by Eireannach_gorm

Who knew that Chambers was not a Fullback ( and has no pace )?
In the meantime we play our fastest defenders in the centre. Is it a condition of the loan that McGuinness plays Centre Half?
On the other side we have an equally mature Fullback who ( per another slide ) never ventures out of his own half.

What are our tactics then? We want ball playing defenders ( Goalkeeper included ) to play it to each other in order to what............hypnotise the other team thus allow us to score unopposed? Elderly wingbacks to cross to a solo forward from their own half? Defensive midfielders who don't defend. Always playing one up front when we only score with two? As someone else said it is amazing that we are so high in the table. My belief is that it is just a very weak division and we are embarrassing ourselves against poor teams. But for that Chambers block we would have drawn with the bottom team in the division.

Strange days indeed.

It's almost as if there is not a plan. Perhaps he's holding the bit of paper the wrong way up?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024