Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football 16:29 - Jan 18 with 2086 viewshomer_123

So, it appears Lambert deems El Miz are not ready.

Is he any less ready than Dobra, Gibbs or a returning Lankester et al?

I appreciate his loan spell didn't go as well as he'd hoped in terms of match time etc. but why is he nowhere near the first team squad?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:31 - Jan 18 with 2046 viewsKeno

Id rather see him play than that guy from Preston

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:35 - Jan 18 with 2019 viewsLankHenners

He deserves a go. He didn't play as much as either he or Town wanted but he's played more league minutes than Harrop has this season, has greater versatility and his attacking stats rank him right among the top of Cambridge's team per 90 minutes.

The flip side is that we won't play in a way to make his individual skills shine, like everyone else in the team, because we move the ball around so slowly. I feel a bit for Dobra as whilst he's still a bit raw, we don't get to see much of his dribbling ability because by the time we give him the ball he's got at least 2 defenders on him and has to get past another 2 at least before he can create something. Sadly probably better for El Miz if he goes on loan to a team that plays with a higher tempo and get themselves really involved in the opposition third. He'll learn fck all under Lambert.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:38 - Jan 18 with 2009 viewshomer_123

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:35 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

He deserves a go. He didn't play as much as either he or Town wanted but he's played more league minutes than Harrop has this season, has greater versatility and his attacking stats rank him right among the top of Cambridge's team per 90 minutes.

The flip side is that we won't play in a way to make his individual skills shine, like everyone else in the team, because we move the ball around so slowly. I feel a bit for Dobra as whilst he's still a bit raw, we don't get to see much of his dribbling ability because by the time we give him the ball he's got at least 2 defenders on him and has to get past another 2 at least before he can create something. Sadly probably better for El Miz if he goes on loan to a team that plays with a higher tempo and get themselves really involved in the opposition third. He'll learn fck all under Lambert.

Agree re. Dobra, he got the right back booked early doors against Swindon and then we seemed to starve him of the ball. Ideal situ to move the ball quickly to him to take him on as he was on a yellow. But as you say, we continue to be too ponderous.

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:39 - Jan 18 with 2002 viewsclive_baker

Certainly more ready than Gibbs, but then I don't think Lambert sees him as an option either, which is fair enough.

Dobra and El Miz tend to get spoken about like they're some double headed beast, but in reality they're quite different players, and I make El Mizouni more relevant for us right now given he could bring that rawness and creativity centrally. Both should be on the bench IMO.

I like Lankester, and it'll take a while to get up to speed after such a long lay off but he's been terrible since he's come back. The more I see of him the more I think he's an out and out forward that should be in a front 2. I don't buy that he's a wide man.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:40 - Jan 18 with 1999 viewsitfcjoe

On the naughty step because he wanted to come back from Cambridge

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:44 - Jan 18 with 1976 viewssoupytwist

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:40 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

He'll be nailed to it now he's scored from a long range shot late in the game. That kind of thing isn't for the first team.
That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:46 - Jan 18 with 1957 viewshomer_123

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:39 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

Certainly more ready than Gibbs, but then I don't think Lambert sees him as an option either, which is fair enough.

Dobra and El Miz tend to get spoken about like they're some double headed beast, but in reality they're quite different players, and I make El Mizouni more relevant for us right now given he could bring that rawness and creativity centrally. Both should be on the bench IMO.

I like Lankester, and it'll take a while to get up to speed after such a long lay off but he's been terrible since he's come back. The more I see of him the more I think he's an out and out forward that should be in a front 2. I don't buy that he's a wide man.

Yes, Lankester hasn't quite got himself back to where he was at (IMO) and agree re. Dobra.

I like all three of them but for different reasons.

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:46 - Jan 18 with 1957 viewsBlueBadger

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:31 - Jan 18 by Keno

Id rather see him play than that guy from Preston

Or Judge.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:47 - Jan 18 with 1950 viewsBluefish

It was ludicrous to send him out considering the position he plays and his versatility for cover. Our midfield has been crying out for a player like him, he is the most like for like Bishop replacement

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:49 - Jan 18 with 1944 viewshomer_123

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:40 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Hard to see it wasn't a fair request - for whatever reason, it didn't work out this time around.

Judge continues to put in abject performances, Dobra doing OK without really pulling up trees, Nolan still injured (I think?), Lankester and Bish still getting themselves back to full fitness (though I thought Bish looked lively at times against Burton). El Miz feels like he should be given an opportunity but with the arrival of Harrop, seems less and less likely.

He threw Gibbs in but El Miz doesn't get a look in....Lambert continues to perplex everyone.

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:50 - Jan 18 with 1913 viewshomer_123

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:47 - Jan 18 by Bluefish

It was ludicrous to send him out considering the position he plays and his versatility for cover. Our midfield has been crying out for a player like him, he is the most like for like Bishop replacement

Thought Bish looked more like the player we know he is on Saturday at times, looked a cut above. He's getting there.

Agree, El Miz feels like that more natural attacking, creative player we crave. Dozzer can do that from deep, whereas El Miz can/ will/ or at least will try a bit further up the pitch.

And he has a goal in him......ahhh, I've answered my own question.

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:55 - Jan 18 with 1886 viewsjayessess

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:39 - Jan 18 by clive_baker

I think it's difficult to judge any of these players effectively right now, really. Our attacking play is very disjointed, regardless of who plays and mostly we're not attacking well as a unit, so it's a question of getting people to do bits and pieces whilst quite isolated.

Are any of our attacking players, experienced or youthful really thriving right now?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 17:17 - Jan 18 with 1810 viewsBlueBadger

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:44 - Jan 18 by soupytwist

He'll be nailed to it now he's scored from a long range shot late in the game. That kind of thing isn't for the first team.

Yep. That's not the philosophy Lambo has in mind for the club.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 17:20 - Jan 18 with 1790 viewssouthnorfolkblue

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:35 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Stats can be deceptive though. Otherwise why would a 38 year old have kept him out of the team. Bottom line is that he was unable to nail down a place in a League 2 side. I reckon they’ll try and get him out on another loan

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 17:28 - Jan 18 with 1756 viewsLankHenners

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 17:20 - Jan 18 by southnorfolkblue

Stats can be deceptive though. Otherwise why would a 38 year old have kept him out of the team. Bottom line is that he was unable to nail down a place in a League 2 side. I reckon they’ll try and get him out on another loan

Sure but they give an indication as to how someone is performing at the very least. The stats also give an indication to why Hoolahan has played more - he's ahead of El Miz in several attacking ones.

As is the problem with loans, if the guy who's already at the club is performing well, then it's unlikely the loan player will get as much game time, which doesn't necessarily reflect on their ability or effort but is just the way it is. Unless you're Ipswich Town, in which case playing other club's players over your own is for some reason a priority.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 17:56 - Jan 18 with 1691 viewsMrTown

Because Lambert has his naughty list, and the current members are Lankester, Woolfenden, with recent additions Dobra and El Mizouni also making the list, all led and guided by founding member Janoi Donacien.

The List of Lambert

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 18:18 - Jan 18 with 1635 viewssouthnorfolkblue

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 17:28 - Jan 18 by LankHenners

Sure but they give an indication as to how someone is performing at the very least. The stats also give an indication to why Hoolahan has played more - he's ahead of El Miz in several attacking ones.

As is the problem with loans, if the guy who's already at the club is performing well, then it's unlikely the loan player will get as much game time, which doesn't necessarily reflect on their ability or effort but is just the way it is. Unless you're Ipswich Town, in which case playing other club's players over your own is for some reason a priority.

I don’t disagree with you on loans. Personally I’d like to see them abolished. It might stop bigger clubs stockpiling young talent, which at the moment they can farm out and often even get a loan fee. At the moment success can be obtaining by good use of the loan system, which can’t be right.

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 18:28 - Jan 18 with 1596 viewsPinewoodblue

Reckon there are now as many on the naughty step as in the treatment room. At least they get a chance to play for Dyer & Butcher.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 18:38 - Jan 18 with 1565 viewsDarth_Koont

That El Mizouni - he's not ready for first team football on 16:55 - Jan 18 by jayessess

I think it's difficult to judge any of these players effectively right now, really. Our attacking play is very disjointed, regardless of who plays and mostly we're not attacking well as a unit, so it's a question of getting people to do bits and pieces whilst quite isolated.

Are any of our attacking players, experienced or youthful really thriving right now?

Yep. We’re looking for players like Bishop or Norwood or whoever on the day to do something special despite the team.

I think it’s only because we do have some decent individuals that we are on the cusp of the playoffs and still in touch with the top. But we look no closer to being a team than we’ve ever done in the past couple of years.

And a horrific sense of deja vu that I wrote exactly the same post 12 months ago! 😀

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024