Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Dyer has our u23's top of the league 18:34 - Jan 18 with 1259 viewschrismakin

Am I right in thinking our u23s have always struggled???

Or am I just thinking that as I want it to show dyer has been a great managerial appointment

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 18:38 - Jan 18 with 1237 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To be fair we have a first team squad of 50 players and the manager does not necessarily pick the best of those 50. This would suggest we ought to have a pretty good reserve side.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 1137 viewsDarth_Koont

No, I think we’ve been pretty good for the last 2-3 years at that level.

Which doesn’t mean Dyer’s not doing a good job. But no indication he can step up either.

If I’m really honest, I’d be very nervous about Dyer getting involved in the first team in the immediate future. I think it’s a poisoned chalice unless you are an excellent and experienced man-manager because we’ve created a large, unwieldy and pretty f@ckin random squad over the past couple of years.

Lots of potential but that’s a double-edged sword when that basically means a team that is misfiring but with a lot of expectation on it too.

I think that could bury a young coach or manager.

Pronouns: He/Him

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 19:01 - Jan 18 with 1108 viewsStenvict

It helps when the 1st team manager refuses to play players that could do better than the current crop, so need game time, thus playing for the u23's

Poll: What will be announced first?

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 19:11 - Jan 18 with 1067 viewsDurovigutum

The last season we were relegated from the Premier League we won the reserves league.
So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 19:33 - Jan 18 with 966 viewsNthQldITFC

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 18:56 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

Which doesn’t mean Dyer’s not doing a good job. But no indication he can step up either.

If I’m really honest, I’d be very nervous about Dyer getting involved in the first team in the immediate future. I think it’s a poisoned chalice unless you are an excellent and experienced man-manager because we’ve created a large, unwieldy and pretty f@ckin random squad over the past couple of years.

Lots of potential but that’s a double-edged sword when that basically means a team that is misfiring but with a lot of expectation on it too.

Agree. A new manager here would need to be particularly good in the psychological arena because the years of drab negativity seem to have seeped into the very fabric of the club, or so it looks from the outside. But by the same token, someone coming in who can generate a roaring bonfire of enthusiasm in the squad and play rational and adaptable football could turn things around pretty quickly, given the players available.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 19:47 - Jan 18 with 906 viewsPhilTWTD

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 18:38 - Jan 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair we have a first team squad of 50 players and the manager does not necessarily pick the best of those 50. This would suggest we ought to have a pretty good reserve side.

Think more U23s have been in the first team and therefore not available for the U23s than first-teamers have played for the U23s this season.
So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 23:38 - Jan 18 with 604 viewsChurchman

So Dyer has our u23's top of the league on 18:56 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

I agree with you regarding the poison challis element. The club is rotten. His lack of managerial experience could bury him too.

However, he is 42, around 6 years older than Robson was when he came to the club and the same age as Tony Mowbray when he went to a far bigger club in West Brom. He has to start somewhere so why not here? It could be argued that he’d have to be actually dead to do a worse job than 4 of the last 5 managers.

If he wanted the job I’d give it to him with an assistant of his choice. The worry I have is that the black widow spider who owns the club might make it an impossible job for anyone beneath the almighty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024