Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... 08:33 - Jan 19 with 2430 viewsitfcjoe

....if Harrop is signed to play as a 10?

Drop Dozzell and play Bishop and Downes as a central two - both with energy to get about, ability to pass the ball and Bishop can carry the ball.

We've become so reliant on getting the ball to Dozzell and getting him to try and start something that we just slow the play down and try to get him to pick impossible locks.

With such focus on one player we end up allowing the opposition to get set

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 10:25 - Jan 19 with 550 viewsitfcjoe

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 10:18 - Jan 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

There’s a lot of chat on this thread when Lambert has 100% signed him to play wide right. It’s not going to be Harrop AND Thomas.

It was going to be Thomas and it never happened, so we moved onto Harrop.

Def Info.

It's really not the case - according to the EADT boys who seem quite clued in - we've beaten Hull to Harrop as he wants to play as a 10, and we are still strongly in for Thomas and expect to get it done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 10:45 - Jan 19 with 514 viewsPhilTWTD

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 10:18 - Jan 19 by Cheltenham_Blue

There’s a lot of chat on this thread when Lambert has 100% signed him to play wide right. It’s not going to be Harrop AND Thomas.

It was going to be Thomas and it never happened, so we moved onto Harrop.

Def Info.

Harrop was the one they were close to the other week, not Thomas, although he is also a target and a move that's going to happen today. They initially wanted Morgan Rogers, however, he opted to join Lincoln instead.

This post has been edited by an administrator
I wouldn't argue with dropping Dozzell..... on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 453 viewsBloots

.....one of the main issues with our pattern of play is that the ball out of defence is always so "short".

It's usually a 5 yard pass to Dozzell while he faces our own defence. It's not a good starting point for any sort of attacking momentum. 9 times out of 10 it just results in him playing the ball back to the defence, rinse and repeat.

We need to be looking at a 4-2-3-1 type formation:

Keeper

Chambers
Centre Back
Centre Back
Ward

Downes
Bishop

Edwards
Harrop
Take your pick

Random Centre Forward

Easy really.

Lambert out.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 12:07 - Jan 19 with 417 viewsgordon

Yes, think we're going to be looking at a first choice front 6 of:

--------------Norwood

Edward------Harrop------Thomas

------Downes------Bishop

But knowing Paul Lambert, we'll probably decide to switch to 3-5-2 now and play them all out of position. You'd also expect Sears, Huws and Judge's days to be numbered now, but again, who knows with this manager.
Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 13:08 - Jan 19 with 386 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 10:45 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

Harrop was the one they were close to the other week, not Thomas, although he is also a target and a move that's going to happen today. They initially wanted Morgan Rogers, however, he opted to join Lincoln instead.

You of all people phil should know what 'Def info' means when its put on a post.

Your ban is making you tetchy.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 14:06 - Jan 19 with 359 viewsRadlett_blue

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 10:45 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

If we had signed Rogers & he was injured, just think of the headline: "Morgan, a suitable case for treatment".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 15:08 - Jan 19 with 322 viewsEsseeja

My opinion on this:
We shouldn't need Harrop.
Dozzell should be playing further forward in my opinion, he's no good dropping deep to create a back 5 when we attack.
Bishop and Downes are already good enough, it's just a matter of where you play them, and Bishop should be the left hand sided central midfielder.
Judge is no where near good enough for us anymore, if Harrop is the one to replace him, then that's good news to me but he'll probably end up dropping a key player of ours like Edwards or Bishop.
Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 15:23 - Jan 19 with 306 viewsPhilTWTD

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 14:06 - Jan 19 by Radlett_blue

If we had signed Rogers & he was injured, just think of the headline: "Morgan, a suitable case for treatment".

I had to look that up. What a cast! Arthur Mullard and Bernard Bresslaw!
Login to get fewer ads

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 298 viewsRadlett_blue

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 15:23 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

I had to look that up. What a cast! Arthur Mullard and Bernard Bresslaw!

It was shown at my school when I was a kid. I thought it was an incomprehensible load of rubbish.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 15:39 - Jan 19 with 294 viewsPhilTWTD

Is it time to shake up how we are playing.... on 15:26 - Jan 19 by Radlett_blue

It was shown at my school when I was a kid. I thought it was an incomprehensible load of rubbish.

Ha! I look forward to it turning up on an obscure channel at some point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024