Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... 11:07 - Jan 19 with 3409 viewsitfcjoe

....and may be completed today.

Awaiting results of Harrop medical

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:14 - Jan 19 with 2805 viewsOsborneOneNil

Just need a pair of wing backs now!
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:18 - Jan 19 with 2772 viewsitfcjoe

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:14 - Jan 19 by OsborneOneNil

Just need a pair of wing backs now!

I'm sure the approach of ensuring we have better players than the opposition to ensure our poor coaching is hidden will serve us well if by some miracle we do go up

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:18 - Jan 19 with 2763 viewsMetal_Hacker

If nothing else this guy is direct !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:20 - Jan 19 with 2738 viewsclive_baker

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:18 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

I'm sure the approach of ensuring we have better players than the opposition to ensure our poor coaching is hidden will serve us well if by some miracle we do go up

Begs the question what a proper manager could do with this squad doesn't it.

Imagine big Joe Royle getting his hands on this lot.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:21 - Jan 19 with 2732 viewsitfcjoe

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:18 - Jan 19 by Metal_Hacker

He's a really good acquisition, I was amazed when Derby sold him to Barnsley

He will help paper over some cracks for us as the season kicks into a ridiculous schedule

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:22 - Jan 19 with 2710 viewsKeno

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:20 - Jan 19 by clive_baker

Or Dyer and Butcher

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:23 - Jan 19 with 2716 viewsGeoffSentence

not su're why we bother with medicals. The last failed medical I can recall was Ameobi who went on to play, and score, plenty for Newcastle that sseason. Since then we'be taken anyone no matter how crocked.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:24 - Jan 19 with 2704 viewsitfcjoe

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:20 - Jan 19 by clive_baker

Him or Mick from our most recent managers would come in and walk this league from here.

I hope someone like Danny Cowley gets the chance to try to do that

Login to get fewer ads

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:27 - Jan 19 with 2643 viewsArnieM

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:18 - Jan 19 by Metal_Hacker

This is what Edwards should be doing , and what KVY does do ( if he ever plays for us again that is )

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:38 - Jan 19 with 2512 viewsbluefunk

I got through the first 2 mins of that thinking, “he’ll fit right in, loads of running and f*ck all end product” then the goals started to go in....
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:59 - Jan 19 with 2398 viewsEireannach_gorm

We'll knock that out of him.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:00 - Jan 19 with 2399 viewsPhilTWTD

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:23 - Jan 19 by GeoffSentence

not su're why we bother with medicals. The last failed medical I can recall was Ameobi who went on to play, and score, plenty for Newcastle that sseason. Since then we'be taken anyone no matter how crocked.

All about risk, we were told something along the lines that Ameobi would only be able to play about 25-30 games a season, hence we didn't think it was a wise use of money.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:02 - Jan 19 with 2376 viewsPhilTWTD

Was told salary cap rigmarole was the hold-up on Harrop.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:05 - Jan 19 with 2345 viewshype313

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:02 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

Was told salary cap rigmarole was the hold-up on Harrop.

Any whispers on departures Phil?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:06 - Jan 19 with 2336 viewsGeoffSentence

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:00 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

All about risk, we were told something along the lines that Ameobi would only be able to play about 25-30 games a season, hence we didn't think it was a wise use of money.

25 to 30 games a season would be a good haul now. Wonder what the risk was considered to be when we signed Huws.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:08 - Jan 19 with 2311 viewsdavblue

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:00 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

we've never shown a willingness to spend money at that level since!

Him and Charisteas were around the 3 - 3.5 million mark if i recall correctly.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:12 - Jan 19 with 2280 viewsPhilTWTD

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:05 - Jan 19 by hype313

Nothing that couldn't already be predicted that I'm aware of, Donacien obviously and they'll look to get Wright, Cotter, El Mizouni, Dobra and any other youngsters anyone happens to be interested in out on loan. Someone in Ireland suggested clubs over there might look at taking Cotter, although I reckon he might prefer to get another move over here.

One possible exit which was floated by someone a little while back was Huws, who looks like a player who needs to move to get his career back up and running. He's looking a way off a start with everyone else coming back and if there's some interest could see him moving on. Obviously, he's one of the bigger earners so that might not be easy to facilitate and Town might have to pay him off.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:12 - Jan 19 with 2274 viewsMookamoo

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:05 - Jan 19 by hype313

Are we to assume with Thomas coming in they're looking to get some money in for Edwards?
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:13 - Jan 19 with 2252 viewsPhilTWTD

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:06 - Jan 19 by GeoffSentence

25 to 30 games a season would be a good haul now. Wonder what the risk was considered to be when we signed Huws.

It was subsequently suggested to me that ME might have been willing to do the deal later on in his time here, but it wasn't long after he took over so was still finding his feet.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:14 - Jan 19 with 2234 viewshype313

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:12 - Jan 19 by PhilTWTD

Nothing that couldn't already be predicted that I'm aware of, Donacien obviously and they'll look to get Wright, Cotter, El Mizouni, Dobra and any other youngsters anyone happens to be interested in out on loan. Someone in Ireland suggested clubs over there might look at taking Cotter, although I reckon he might prefer to get another move over here.

One possible exit which was floated by someone a little while back was Huws, who looks like a player who needs to move to get his career back up and running. He's looking a way off a start with everyone else coming back and if there's some interest could see him moving on. Obviously, he's one of the bigger earners so that might not be easy to facilitate and Town might have to pay him off.

Yep, I think it would suit all parties if Huws were to depart, it just hasn't worked out here for him, think a new club might help him, and in doing so we could lose a high earner, which for most Championship clubs would be easy to swallow.

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:14 - Jan 19 with 2220 viewsPhilTWTD

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:12 - Jan 19 by Mookamoo

Are we to assume with Thomas coming in they're looking to get some money in for Edwards?

Can't see Edwards going, even if someone offers unlikely money.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:17 - Jan 19 with 2200 viewsPhilTWTD

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:08 - Jan 19 by davblue

we've never shown a willingness to spend money at that level since!

Him and Charisteas were around the 3 - 3.5 million mark if i recall correctly.

Charisteas was just a question asked, if I remember rightly. He didn't want to come and that was that. The one they really wanted was Milivoje Novakovic from Cologne, similar sort of money.
EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:17 - Jan 19 with 2198 viewshype313

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:12 - Jan 19 by Mookamoo

Given the backlog of fixtures, it would make sense to keep hold of Edwards.

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:34 - Jan 19 with 2097 viewsBlueBadger

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 11:24 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Him or Mick from our most recent managers would come in and walk this league from here.

I hope someone like Danny Cowley gets the chance to try to do that

Mick wouldn't have gotten us relegated in the first place, mind..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:36 - Jan 19 with 2094 viewsPhilTWTD

EADT reporting that Thomas deal been green lighted... on 12:14 - Jan 19 by hype313

Yep, I think it would suit all parties if Huws were to depart, it just hasn't worked out here for him, think a new club might help him, and in doing so we could lose a high earner, which for most Championship clubs would be easy to swallow.

Who is going to take a chance on him and offer him the sort of deal he'd probably want as it stands? Maybe a loan might be the best option short term to allow him to play regular games, which is what he needs more than anything.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024