Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley 11:28 - Jan 19 with 1516 viewstown4life

What a time to be alive!

let that sink in..
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 11:31 - Jan 19 with 1490 viewsKieran_Knows

These are the days.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 11:38 - Jan 19 with 1441 viewsMrTown

I just see it as getting 2 good footballers, and I don’t see a problem with that.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 11:38]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:01 - Jan 19 with 1361 viewsFixed_It

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 11:38 - Jan 19 by MrTown

I just see it as getting 2 good footballers, and I don’t see a problem with that.

Quite. God knows who people actually expect us to be signing. Or maybe they were hoping Pogba might be willing to drop down a couple of leagues to help us out...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:03 - Jan 19 with 1349 viewsSE1blue

I always see any new signing as a positive and an attempt to improve, so I’m happy with these additions.

Can Lambert get them playing to their strengths and create a coherent team style that compliments their talents?...

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:03 - Jan 19 with 1348 viewsGeoffSentence

I thought that last year when we loaNed in that I consistent defender from PNE last year. That brought home to me how far we had fallen.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:05 - Jan 19 with 1325 viewsfooters

Think the issue people have is that PL should be able to get much better performance out of the squad he already has without adding to it. If these two signings magically make our team click on the pitch, then great. But it really shouldn't have come to this.

He has no more excuses if they come in and we're still playing horribly.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:19 - Jan 19 with 1261 viewsRobTheMonk

“You can’t keep doing that, you have to have your own team of players here and maybe one or two loans, I get that, but not an influx, it’s very difficult to sustain that."

Lambert's done that thing of contradicting himself again. When he first got here, he talked about how we had too many loans and proceeded to have a bunch in that Championship season. Now we have potentially at least four...

But on the flipside, the guys coming in are good at this level. Bennett's has plenty of ability (just needs to calm down a bit on the ball), as do these two attacking lads. Mcguiness is good at this level, but I think that we could have gone for a more dynamic fullback and moved Chambers back to CB with Wolfie and had Toto and Wilson as back ups.
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:29 - Jan 19 with 1215 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Horses for courses, symptomatic of being in League 1...........

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Login to get fewer ads

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:30 - Jan 19 with 1206 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jesus, these types of posts are sooooooooooooooo dull.

We are not in 1982 anymore, we are here and need to accept that (as fans).

RIP Sir Bobby

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:31 - Jan 19 with 1202 viewsTractorWood

Sort of. They are loans. You never know what they'll be like.

Sometimes you get Tom Lawrence or Ryan Fraser. Sometimes you get Zeki Fryers.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:38 - Jan 19 with 1182 viewsmo_itfc

Both teams are FA cup winners.
Preston has also one the premier league! (it wasn't called that then)

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:41 - Jan 19 with 1170 viewsSitfcB

I don’t get all the comments like this. We were hardly getting players from Barcelona even when we were in the Championship.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:43 - Jan 19 with 1157 viewsGeoffSentence

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:41 - Jan 19 by SitfcB

I don’t get all the comments like this. We were hardly getting players from Barcelona even when we were in the Championship.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:46 - Jan 19 with 1138 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s not where they’re from it’s the fact we’re yet again bringing in loans at all. We already have a bloated squad. Due to Lambert’s incompetence and inability to get the best out of what he has, we have to loan yet more players.

I would feel sorry for Evans having to fund the charlatan but you reap what you sow.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:49 - Jan 19 with 1115 viewsfarkenhell

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:43 - Jan 19 by GeoffSentence

Not trying to be facetious, but who did we get from Manure? I genuinely can't remember
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:50 - Jan 19 with 1103 viewsSitfcB

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:49 - Jan 19 by farkenhell

Not trying to be facetious, but who did we get from Manure? I genuinely can't remember

Exactly.

COYB

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:51 - Jan 19 with 1088 viewsSitfcB

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:43 - Jan 19 by GeoffSentence

The scraps....of the scraps!

COYB

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 13:14 - Jan 19 with 1015 viewsTrumptonBlue

It's really not that unusual. We've loaned players from the likes of Millwall, Plymouth and Orient in the past and - as pointed out - we loaned another player from Preston only last year.
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 13:15 - Jan 19 with 1010 viewsTrumptonBlue

Reece Brown.

Yeah, I know.
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 13:26 - Jan 19 with 972 viewsstantheman

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:30 - Jan 19 by Wallingford_Boy

Exactly. You don't need to look at where we are getting loans from. Just look at the various league tables and it will pretty evident how far we have fallen.
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 14:04 - Jan 19 with 914 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think you are deliberately missing the point of the post.

We are now considerably lower than Preston and Barnsley in the football food chain. It's absolutely nothing to do with the players, it's the fact we're chasing previously smaller clubs than Ipswich unwanted players on loan in our desperate bid to avoid another 11th place finish in the third division.

The problem is, as demonstrated by that response is we're more than happy to accept that standard as a support, and much rather have a pop at a fellow support for pointing out the fact we're now worse off than clubs we were miles ahead of just a few years ago rather than say anything about the owner who made that happen.

That's the problem, if you don't see it then there really is no hope here.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 14:06 - Jan 19 with 901 viewsTieDyedIn95

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:30 - Jan 19 by Wallingford_Boy

Did you write for the EADT telling us we should accept this rubbish in the third division? No wonder Evans has taken us for mugs for years.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 14:13 - Jan 19 with 878 viewsRadlett_blue

Michael Clegg.
Lee Martin.
Not sure which one of them was a worse signing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 14:41 - Jan 19 with 805 viewsbluewark

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 12:46 - Jan 19 by Illinoisblue

It’s not where they’re from it’s the fact we’re yet again bringing in loans at all. We already have a bloated squad. Due to Lambert’s incompetence and inability to get the best out of what he has, we have to loan yet more players.

I would feel sorry for Evans having to fund the charlatan but you reap what you sow.

I don't think he dare anybody. He has made a pigs ear of most of his signings in the past.
Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 14:50 - Jan 19 with 779 viewsGrumps

Loaning players from Preston & Barnsley on 14:04 - Jan 19 by TieDyedIn95

I think you are deliberately missing the point of the post.

We are now considerably lower than Preston and Barnsley in the football food chain. It's absolutely nothing to do with the players, it's the fact we're chasing previously smaller clubs than Ipswich unwanted players on loan in our desperate bid to avoid another 11th place finish in the third division.

The problem is, as demonstrated by that response is we're more than happy to accept that standard as a support, and much rather have a pop at a fellow support for pointing out the fact we're now worse off than clubs we were miles ahead of just a few years ago rather than say anything about the owner who made that happen.

That's the problem, if you don't see it then there really is no hope here.

I would suggest that it's been a very long time since we have been miles ahead of clubs like Preston and Barnsley. Admittedly they have both spent time in the league where we find ourselves now, but we have spent 5 out of 29 seasons in the Premier League, the most recent being 19 years ago. I think that we should accept that Ipswich Town is a club roughly the same size as those two, albeit with a much larger catchment area due to the number of clubs in Yorkshire and Lancashire, and to suggest that loaning players from those clubs is in some way a measure of how far we have fallen an insult to two clubs that happen to be maintaining a level of acceptable performance while we're not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024