Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booked NY for December 14:13 - Jan 19 with 2519 viewshype313

Am I being overly optimisitic or stupid?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Booked NY for December on 14:15 - Jan 19 with 1424 viewsStokieBlue

I don't see the rush to book anything personally but there is a chance it might be possible then. I did see that Virgin were selling Upper Class flights to NY at ridiculously low prices though so I suspect there are some good deals to be had.

It depends more on the US I would think which is a mess at the moment thanks to Trump but hopefully Biden can get it sorted.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Booked NY for December on 14:16 - Jan 19 with 1411 viewsJ2BLUE

Neither IMO. You can't foresee any changes like new variants but right now it looks perfectly sensible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Booked NY for December on 14:16 - Jan 19 with 1395 viewsBluefish

Good for you. I'm still booking things and being optimistic for a better world by then

I'd love to go back to NY especially in the winter

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Booked NY for December on 14:17 - Jan 19 with 1396 viewshype313

Booked NY for December on 14:15 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

I don't see the rush to book anything personally but there is a chance it might be possible then. I did see that Virgin were selling Upper Class flights to NY at ridiculously low prices though so I suspect there are some good deals to be had.

It depends more on the US I would think which is a mess at the moment thanks to Trump but hopefully Biden can get it sorted.

SB

I'm thinking by then the majority of us would have been vaccinated and travel corridors would have opened up.

What awaits me will be interesting given the vast amount of New Yorkers leaving and the closure of huge swathes of restaurants and bars closing down.

Booked NY for December on 14:18 - Jan 19 with 1386 viewsKeno

Isnt New Year usually January?

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Booked NY for December on 14:18 - Jan 19 with 1384 viewshype313

Booked NY for December on 14:16 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Neither IMO. You can't foresee any changes like new variants but right now it looks perfectly sensible.

That's my thoughts, even with new variants and the ability of our scientists to tweak the vaccines within 30 days means that we should expect to be able to travel tail end of this year.

Booked NY for December on 14:19 - Jan 19 with 1377 viewshype313

Booked NY for December on 14:18 - Jan 19 by Keno

Isnt New Year usually January?

Booked NY for December on 14:20 - Jan 19 with 1380 viewsitfcjoe

Who knows, I really want to get away this summer as last chance before we have to start paying school holiday prices - but seems unlikely.

Currently have a caravan booked for March and Center Parcs (4th time lucky) for April - both with full cancellation rights

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Booked NY for December on 14:23 - Jan 19 with 1337 viewshype313

Booked NY for December on 14:20 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Who knows, I really want to get away this summer as last chance before we have to start paying school holiday prices - but seems unlikely.

Currently have a caravan booked for March and Center Parcs (4th time lucky) for April - both with full cancellation rights

I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't able to travel until September, which like myself with my youngest starting school in September, isn't helpful.

Booked NY for December on 14:25 - Jan 19 with 1321 viewsIpswichKnight

If we’re still locked down in December ( some hardcore Lockdown fanatics want us all lockdowned until everyone is vaccinated which could well be December) I’d be fecking annoyed. We’ve got a hotel booked ( carried over from last year ) in Titchwell for April and I’d really like the break then!
Booked NY for December on 14:26 - Jan 19 with 1309 viewsbluelagos

Nothing wrong with looking ahead. Am sure the reintroduction of travel corridors will only come as/when it is considered safe.

Whether you get to go, can't see why not from our end. We should have every adult vaccinated by Sept so hopefully travel will be open up by then.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Booked NY for December on 14:28 - Jan 19 with 1303 viewsSwansea_Blue

December 2024 should be fine, no problem.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Booked NY for December on 14:28 - Jan 19 with 1300 viewsStokieBlue

Booked NY for December on 14:17 - Jan 19 by hype313

I'm thinking by then the majority of us would have been vaccinated and travel corridors would have opened up.

What awaits me will be interesting given the vast amount of New Yorkers leaving and the closure of huge swathes of restaurants and bars closing down.

I don't think the exodus from NY will be long-lived. Read a few articles about people moving out and regretting it. When things are more normalised NY will become a beacon to many again.

SB

Booked NY for December on 14:30 - Jan 19 with 1294 viewsKeno

Booked NY for December on 14:19 - Jan 19 by hype313

sorry

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Booked NY for December on 14:39 - Jan 19 with 1262 viewsWallingford_Boy

December?!?!

God no, I'd say thats fine.

No chance we'll be in lockdown still in 11 months time!

Well, I say NO chance....

RIP Sir Bobby

Booked NY for December on 14:40 - Jan 19 with 1249 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm hoping you can come in December, because that means I'll be able to come the other way and visit the UK!

Given what we know right now, and providing nothing major develops that we are currently unaware of, I imagine by December you'll be fine to come over. In the industry I work in, the word is that autumn 2021 will be when offices etc. start to reopen, with spring 2022 feeling somewhat back to normal.

That's obviously all subject to change. Certain areas of the city are still Covid hotspots, but those areas are off the beaten track and unless you want to wander around largely residential neighbourhoods in Orthodox Jewish Brooklyn you'll be pretty safe in Manhattan (assuming that's where you'll mostly be)!

Be cautious believing too many doomsaying reports about the state of the city either. I don't know anyone who has left the city. Where would they go? Somewhere filled with people and politicians who think the virus is a hoax and mask wearing is a political act? People who live here and have family here aren't willing or able to just up sticks for somewhere random that probably will be less safe.

Honestly, there's nowhere else in the States I'd rather be right now, and the people I know all feel the same. The only folk who I've heard about leaving are the rich with second homes in the mountains or out on the coast - and they're just waiting it out, they'll be back.

Yes, restaurants and bars will close between now and then. But new ones will open up, and many will survive. The major tourist attractions are still here and still operating (Broadway may even be reopen in some form by then). You can still visit museums, parks, see the sights etc. It's a good city to just walk around in, and mask compliance is high and on the whole people are respectful of Covid regulations.

I wouldn't want you to come over right now, but if you did, I could still pull you together an itinerary that would fill every day and leave you pretty knackered! New York isn't dead, despite what Trump says!

I'd sincerely like to get home this year, so I'm willing you and your December trip on buddy!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Booked NY for December on 14:42 - Jan 19 with 1235 viewsbluefunk

Booked NY for December on 14:16 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

Good for you. I'm still booking things and being optimistic for a better world by then

I'd love to go back to NY especially in the winter

It’s extremely cold in winter, May or early October are much better for a visit IMO
Booked NY for December on 14:42 - Jan 19 with 1234 viewsunstableblue

Frickin love New York - where you staying? I have a few hotel and restaurant recommendations

With regard whether it will happen - France for example if saying everyone over the age of 18 vaccinated by end June. UK is all over 18s first jab at least by End September. So perhaps October before all covered.

The UK is still ahead of the US on vaccinations provided, we're at 6.7 per 100 people, they at 3.7.

No idea what US targets are.

In short it will be tight... but to be honest if the UK population are not travelling pretty freely come August, they'll be quite the meltdown, and it maye be down to factors that Covid is a very long term friend.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Booked NY for December on 14:43 - Jan 19 with 1223 viewsitfcjoe

Booked NY for December on 14:42 - Jan 19 by bluefunk

It’s extremely cold in winter, May or early October are much better for a visit IMO

I've done Feb and June, both great for differing reasons

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Booked NY for December on 14:46 - Jan 19 with 1203 viewsSpruceMoose

Booked NY for December on 14:42 - Jan 19 by unstableblue

Frickin love New York - where you staying? I have a few hotel and restaurant recommendations

With regard whether it will happen - France for example if saying everyone over the age of 18 vaccinated by end June. UK is all over 18s first jab at least by End September. So perhaps October before all covered.

The UK is still ahead of the US on vaccinations provided, we're at 6.7 per 100 people, they at 3.7.

No idea what US targets are.

In short it will be tight... but to be honest if the UK population are not travelling pretty freely come August, they'll be quite the meltdown, and it maye be down to factors that Covid is a very long term friend.

Varies state by state.

New York are currently vaccinating people aged 65 and older, supermarket workers, police/fire officials, teachers, public transport employees. General vaccination for absolutely everyone is due to begin during the summer (depending on supply of vaccine).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Booked NY for December on 14:47 - Jan 19 with 1196 viewsSpruceMoose

Booked NY for December on 14:43 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

Winter is fine. The cold never bothers me. July and August can be horrendous for humidity and air quality though.

Booked NY for December on 14:48 - Jan 19 with 1196 viewsnoggin

Booked NY for December on 14:39 - Jan 19 by Wallingford_Boy

December?!?!

God no, I'd say thats fine.

No chance we'll be in lockdown still in 11 months time!

Well, I say NO chance....

To be fair, you're happy with the state of ITFC right now, so....

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Booked NY for December on 14:52 - Jan 19 with 1165 viewsStokieBlue

Booked NY for December on 14:17 - Jan 19 by hype313

It's also going to depend on travel insurance companies and whether they put all kinds of restrictions in their terms and conditions.

Hopefully that won't be the case though and if one is vaccinated it should nullify all those anyway.

SB

Booked NY for December on 14:53 - Jan 19 with 1164 viewsIllinoisblue

Booked NY for December on 14:40 - Jan 19 by SpruceMoose

I'm hoping you can come in December, because that means I'll be able to come the other way and visit the UK!

Given what we know right now, and providing nothing major develops that we are currently unaware of, I imagine by December you'll be fine to come over. In the industry I work in, the word is that autumn 2021 will be when offices etc. start to reopen, with spring 2022 feeling somewhat back to normal.

That's obviously all subject to change. Certain areas of the city are still Covid hotspots, but those areas are off the beaten track and unless you want to wander around largely residential neighbourhoods in Orthodox Jewish Brooklyn you'll be pretty safe in Manhattan (assuming that's where you'll mostly be)!

Be cautious believing too many doomsaying reports about the state of the city either. I don't know anyone who has left the city. Where would they go? Somewhere filled with people and politicians who think the virus is a hoax and mask wearing is a political act? People who live here and have family here aren't willing or able to just up sticks for somewhere random that probably will be less safe.

Honestly, there's nowhere else in the States I'd rather be right now, and the people I know all feel the same. The only folk who I've heard about leaving are the rich with second homes in the mountains or out on the coast - and they're just waiting it out, they'll be back.

Yes, restaurants and bars will close between now and then. But new ones will open up, and many will survive. The major tourist attractions are still here and still operating (Broadway may even be reopen in some form by then). You can still visit museums, parks, see the sights etc. It's a good city to just walk around in, and mask compliance is high and on the whole people are respectful of Covid regulations.

I wouldn't want you to come over right now, but if you did, I could still pull you together an itinerary that would fill every day and leave you pretty knackered! New York isn't dead, despite what Trump says!

I'd sincerely like to get home this year, so I'm willing you and your December trip on buddy!

I love America but, man, I got to get out of this place. I’m hoping border opens up for annual fishing trip to Canada in September. Then maybe a cheeky trip to blighty in November.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Booked NY for December on 14:53 - Jan 19 with 1162 viewsbluefunk

Booked NY for December on 14:43 - Jan 19 by itfcjoe

It’s a great city whoever you go, I just prefer the chance to wander around in the warmer weather rather than having to shelter from the cold every few hundred yards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024