Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Booked NY for December 14:13 - Jan 19 with 2550 viewshype313

Am I being overly optimisitic or stupid?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Booked NY for December on 16:57 - Jan 19 with 753 viewshype313

Booked NY for December on 16:55 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

That would be excellent, lets hope it's the case than immunity is far longer than the researchers have thus far been prepared to say (they have no evidence to go on).

Need to be careful with this though, C19 is significantly different to SARS.

We will know a lot more in 6-12 months.

SB

Indeed, also worth remembering SARS didn't have anywhere near as many mutations as Covid, so you might have antibodies for certain strains but not others.

As you say, we have no data or evidence as yet, but fingers crossed.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Booked NY for December on 16:57 - Jan 19 with 753 viewsSarge

Booked NY for December on 16:46 - Jan 19 by SpruceMoose

My main concern is if the Lipsmackers burger van still there?

Afraid not, unless it’s under new ownership

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/bob-parry-from-ipswich-felixstowe-crash-28608
Booked NY for December on 17:06 - Jan 19 with 726 viewsSpruceMoose

Booked NY for December on 16:51 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

If the Hudson Yards is open now doesn't that mean the High Line has a number of good places to stop for some refreshment on the way? There used to be a hotel about half way along with a bar on the roof that was a good place to stop.

Last time I went the Hudson Yards was just starting to be built.

SB

Fun story, a few years back I was merrily strolling along the highline when a few feet to my left I heard an almighty splat. On closer inspection a grapefruit appeared to have fallen from the sky/apartment rooftop and narrowly missed my bonce. Fairly sure it would have hurt a tad had it actually landed on my head.

Depending on if you're interested in modern art or not, I'd start at the Whitney Museum in the Meat packing district (also has a rooftop you can access for views) and then stroll up the entirety of the highline (avoiding any grapefruits but potentially seeing some casual nudity in the apartment windows along the way).

There's not really a lot to see at the other end when you get to Hudson Yards though, other than flash apartment buildings and 'The Vessel' (which is currently closed because people keep jumping off it to commit suicide...).

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Booked NY for December on 17:07 - Jan 19 with 723 viewsSpruceMoose

Booked NY for December on 16:57 - Jan 19 by Sarge

Afraid not, unless it’s under new ownership

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/bob-parry-from-ipswich-felixstowe-crash-28608

Ah man that is genuinely sad news. I browse the Ipswich Star website from time to time but had missed that news.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Booked NY for December on 17:11 - Jan 19 with 724 viewsitfcjoe

Booked NY for December on 17:06 - Jan 19 by SpruceMoose

Fun story, a few years back I was merrily strolling along the highline when a few feet to my left I heard an almighty splat. On closer inspection a grapefruit appeared to have fallen from the sky/apartment rooftop and narrowly missed my bonce. Fairly sure it would have hurt a tad had it actually landed on my head.

Depending on if you're interested in modern art or not, I'd start at the Whitney Museum in the Meat packing district (also has a rooftop you can access for views) and then stroll up the entirety of the highline (avoiding any grapefruits but potentially seeing some casual nudity in the apartment windows along the way).

There's not really a lot to see at the other end when you get to Hudson Yards though, other than flash apartment buildings and 'The Vessel' (which is currently closed because people keep jumping off it to commit suicide...).

When I was on the High Line I saw the actor that plays Barry Goldberg in The Goldbergs, was not nearly as terrifying as a near death grapefruit incident

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Booked NY for December on 17:14 - Jan 19 with 719 viewsclive_baker

Should be OK...hopefully.

Ironically it's one of those where September 2021 is arguably a safer bet than December, given how we know this thing behaves over winter months. I've heard prof. Pat V mention restrictions could be in place in winter 2021, but what those might look like who knows.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Booked NY for December on 17:26 - Jan 19 with 709 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Booked NY for December on 15:38 - Jan 19 by hype313

Cheers, funnily enough a friend mentioned exactly the same thing about Rockafeller, I did Empire last time, so be good to do something different.

Top of the Rock means you get to see (and take photos of) the Empire State Building.

However I feel I can beat it...

Book lunch at Gaonnuri. (Note: they currently aren't serving Lunch, but when things return to normal I'm sure that they will).

https://www.gaonnurinyc.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d3373343-Reviews-Gaonnuri

It's a very good Korean Restaurant. No queue. No crowds. You'll be ushered to your seat.
You have a lovely meal. You have the views. It's romantic. You take a few photos.

My wife and I went there for Lunch while my sons went to Top of the Rock and had street pizza for their lunch. The total costs were similar.

My number one travel tip, it's an absolute winner, is:

Always Google "Best restaurants with a view in <Place you are going>" and "Best bars with a view in <Place you are going>" and "Best rooftop bars in <Place you are going>"
Narrow down with other online reviews. Pick a couple that fit your price range and preferred dress code. Incredible views for no extra money, and no queues!
Booked NY for December on 17:30 - Jan 19 with 705 viewsGiant_Midget

I've got flights and hotels booked for Euro 2020...21 at the end of June. I'm 99% sure it'll be changed in some way that will mean I'm unable to attend.
Login to get fewer ads

Booked NY for December on 17:35 - Jan 19 with 703 viewsm14_blue

Booked NY for December on 14:59 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

Official view is you should be fine, borders will likely open in September for 'regular' travel into the USA.

Just expect to still see some restrictions within NYC and other major US cities into 2022

When do you reckon for short haul EG?

We’ve taken a leap of faith and booked a week in Spain in August. All protected and covered so won’t be out of pocket but would love to be able to take our daughter abroad for the first time.
Booked NY for December on 19:10 - Jan 19 with 677 viewsAce_High1

Wonderful city have a great time.

I prefer Spring/Summer over there myself as I enjoy the warm weather when out and about.

But as others have said we all need something to look forward to.

I have many trips planned, not booked any just yet though but hopeful we will see short haul open up by June?
Booked NY for December on 20:01 - Jan 19 with 657 viewsElderGrizzly

Booked NY for December on 16:46 - Jan 19 by hype313

That is the question, but if you look at Covid's cousin SARS then you'll find people with antibodies 17 years later, so there is hope.

Some people with Covid have caught it again 5 months later.

The 17 years ‘fact’ is lifted from Julia Hartley Brewer today I believe. And ridiculed by every medic who responded to her of course

[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:03]
Booked NY for December on 20:02 - Jan 19 with 656 viewsElderGrizzly

Booked NY for December on 17:35 - Jan 19 by m14_blue

When do you reckon for short haul EG?

We’ve taken a leap of faith and booked a week in Spain in August. All protected and covered so won’t be out of pocket but would love to be able to take our daughter abroad for the first time.

EU will probably reopen in May
Booked NY for December on 20:21 - Jan 19 with 640 viewsm14_blue

Booked NY for December on 20:02 - Jan 19 by ElderGrizzly

EU will probably reopen in May

God that would be good!

Cheers
Booked NY for December on 20:44 - Jan 19 with 624 viewsElderGrizzly

Booked NY for December on 20:21 - Jan 19 by m14_blue

God that would be good!

Cheers

Re-open with restrictions I should add. It won’t be back to normal for a long while yet
Booked NY for December on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 616 viewsgordon

Think December to February will be the risky period and won't be great for the next few years - I think sometimes people are getting towards thinking of vaccine roll-out as a silver bullet. While it will make things a lot better, as the level of immunity in the population goes up, the more likely it is for more divergent strains of the virus to take hold.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024