Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly 15:04 - Jan 19 with 2619 viewsKeno

its Capital NOT Capitol
Honour NOT honor
Liquorice NOT licorice

FFS spelling isn't that hard is it??

[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 15:05]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yonks spell properly on 15:05 - Jan 19 with 2607 viewsMetal_Hacker

The "Yonks"?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yonks spell properly on 15:05 - Jan 19 with 2604 viewsKeno

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yonks spell properly on 15:05 - Jan 19 by Metal_Hacker

The "Yonks"?

hehe!!

It was deliberate for comic effect but I have edited it now
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 15:06]

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:06 - Jan 19 with 2594 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tw*t NOT Trump

etc...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yonks spell properly on 15:07 - Jan 19 with 2582 viewsMetal_Hacker

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yonks spell properly on 15:05 - Jan 19 by Keno

hehe!!

It was deliberate for comic effect but I have edited it now
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 15:06]

You're two good four me

Poll: If it were one or the other

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yonks spell properly on 15:09 - Jan 19 with 2572 viewsKeno

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yonks spell properly on 15:07 - Jan 19 by Metal_Hacker

You're two good four me

shucks

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:40 - Jan 19 with 2524 viewsEwan_Oozami

I think they spell properly the same as us... PROPERLY

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:42 - Jan 19 with 2519 viewsHARRY10

more amusing listening to them trying to pronounce words

apparently it is vee hickle

likewise with 'Or regga no' - though they do at least pronounce the state as we pronounce the herb

and it is herb, not 'erb.... as in Herbert Hoover, Herbie Hancock, herbicide etc

many of the mispronunciations are relatively new, as with anteyetank gun asnd it is not Dem eye Moore, hemeyesphere nor Anteyefa

but at least they do have the World Series Rounders
Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:49 - Jan 19 with 2503 viewsbluelagos

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:42 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

likewise with 'Or regga no' - though they do at least pronounce the state as we pronounce the herb

and it is herb, not 'erb.... as in Herbert Hoover, Herbie Hancock, herbicide etc

many of the mispronunciations are relatively new, as with anteyetank gun asnd it is not Dem eye Moore, hemeyesphere nor Anteyefa

Americans saying "advertisement" and "aluminum" is quite amusing.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:50 - Jan 19 with 2503 viewsfactual_blue

I'm afraid you're not quite right on the capital/capitol issue

https://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2007/01/a-few-capital-and-capitol-ideas.html

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 17:03 - Jan 19 with 2449 viewsTJS

I've noticed people on TV over here now using the american pronounciation of Aristocrat (stressing the second part not the first).
Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 17:08 - Jan 19 with 2436 viewsSpruceMoose

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:42 - Jan 19 by HARRY10

My missus doesn't say those words in that manner. She may just be hiding it though. I'll try to catch her out and report back.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 18:23 - Jan 19 with 2363 viewsazuremerlangus

Don't get me started on - TV season rather than series

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 19:56 - Jan 19 with 2315 viewsSeablu

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 18:23 - Jan 19 by azuremerlangus

Don't get me started on - TV season rather than series

That awful pseudo Californian glottal drawl that younger British females have started to use, in the mistaken belief it makes them sound brighter.
All it proves, young lady, is that you’ve binged on a load of mindless American junk on Netflix when you should have been studying.
Ffs.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:07]
Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 20:00 - Jan 19 with 2305 viewsjeera

Surely it is kapital.

Das Kapital.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 20:07 - Jan 19 with 2301 viewsGuthrum

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 15:49 - Jan 19 by bluelagos

Americans saying "advertisement" and "aluminum" is quite amusing.

Altho the latter is an earlier form of the word, deriving from alum.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 20:21 - Jan 19 with 2286 viewsjeera

Add chilli to that list.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 20:26 - Jan 19 with 2265 viewsTrequartista

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 20:07 - Jan 19 by Guthrum

Altho the latter is an earlier form of the word, deriving from alum.

i saw what you did there

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 20:30 - Jan 19 with 2253 viewsTrequartista

I've only recently realised that when one of those big tech support people say they are going to reach out to you, they just mean they are talking to you, they are not making a grand gesture to overcome a disagreement!

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 21:56 - Jan 19 with 2186 viewsElderGrizzly

Not just spelling.

Pop into a bar in the USA and ask for a growler and then double fist it.
Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 01:13 - Jan 20 with 2124 viewsdominiciawful

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 19:56 - Jan 19 by Seablu

That awful pseudo Californian glottal drawl that younger British females have started to use, in the mistaken belief it makes them sound brighter.
All it proves, young lady, is that you’ve binged on a load of mindless American junk on Netflix when you should have been studying.
Ffs.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:07]

Vocal fry?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 09:51 - Jan 20 with 2025 viewsSeablu

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 01:13 - Jan 20 by dominiciawful

Vocal fry?

That’s it!

So irritating.
Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 09:53 - Jan 20 with 2018 viewsKeno

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 09:51 - Jan 20 by Seablu

That’s it!

So irritating.

I didn't know what that was so did some in depth research (google) and found this

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jul/24/vocal-fry-strong-female-vo

Why the heck cant the bleeding Yanks spell properly on 11:34 - Jan 20 with 1978 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I was driving along one day, half listening to 'Woman's Hour', when an American woman came on and described herself as a 'rider'. I idly wondered whether she would be talking about horses or bicycles. Turned out that she is a rider of poetry.

I wish they'd re-introduce the letter 'T'.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 11:36]

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024