Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is leaving us then? 15:43 - Jan 19 with 2551 viewsChrisd

Our squad is huge already and with reinforcements coming in, it would be extremely naïve to think no one is going in the opposite direction. So who do you think will be leaving us either on loan or permanently?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Who is leaving us then? on 15:52 - Jan 19 with 2499 viewsTieDyedIn95

Jackson was the main rumour. I think maybe a couple of midfielders?

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Who is leaving us then? on 16:02 - Jan 19 with 2468 viewsjayessess

Huws and Donacien are the obvious ones.

Our squad is massively oversized in every department except full back imo.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who is leaving us then? on 16:12 - Jan 19 with 2420 viewsclive_baker

If we could find a home for any of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see the following move on:

Huws (He's finished, certainly at Ipswich)
Donacien (odd that we turned down the approach from Plymouth on the face of it)
Skuse (unlikely to leave whilst injured, but certainly surplus)
Wilson (as above)
Sears (I quite like Freddie, but given the signings we've made this week he's presumably dropped down the pecking order)
Jackson (if the money is right. I would keep him, but for whatever reason Lambert isn't keen)

+ a host of kids who could go out on loan. McGavin, Ndaba etc would benefit from it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who is leaving us then? on 16:15 - Jan 19 with 2389 viewshype313

Who is leaving us then? on 16:12 - Jan 19 by clive_baker

If we could find a home for any of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see the following move on:

Wilson (as above)
Sears (I quite like Freddie, but given the signings we've made this week he's presumably dropped down the pecking order)
Jackson (if the money is right. I would keep him, but for whatever reason Lambert isn't keen)

+ a host of kids who could go out on loan. McGavin, Ndaba etc would benefit from it.

Agree on the whole with that, add in El Miz, Dobra, Drinan they could all get a loan.

Regarding Skuse isn't he in the last 6 months of his deal and by all accounts he will hang up his boots this summer? Also thought the club have high hopes for him on the coaching front, he seems settled in the area, wouldn't be surprised if he calls it day and stays with the club in a coaching capacity.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Who is leaving us then? on 16:44 - Jan 19 with 2330 viewsrickw

Wilson (as above)

I guess Lambert now thinks we've given Jackson a go out wide, it didn't work, and he's not great centrally by himself so we'll accept decent offers

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Who is leaving us then? on 16:48 - Jan 19 with 2320 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The logical thing from the beginning of last season was to trim the squad and utilise younger players. I am not sure how big the squad was when we got relegated but it is ridiculously large now. I think players factored in to be leaving would suggest a plan.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Who is leaving us then? on 17:38 - Jan 19 with 2228 viewstetchris

We have enough midfielders to put out a team of just midfielders 😂
Who is leaving us then? on 17:42 - Jan 19 with 2210 viewsKeno

Lambert?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Who is leaving us then? on 17:43 - Jan 19 with 2208 viewsKeno

Who is leaving us then? on 17:38 - Jan 19 by tetchris

We all dream of a team and centre mids,
a team and centre mids,
a team and centre mids,

etc etc etc

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who is leaving us then? on 17:43 - Jan 19 with 2208 viewsmonty_radio

Who is leaving us then? on 17:38 - Jan 19 by tetchris

And yet the inability of our midfield either to shield the defence or unlock things for our attack is becoming a permanent fixture.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Who is leaving us then? on 17:57 - Jan 19 with 2145 viewsRadlett_blue

Wilson (as above)

I think the first 5 players you listed are all out of contract in the summer so we should listen to offers, but I guess Lambert turned down Plymouth's bid for Donacien so he can remain as cover for RB if KVY isn't going to play all season.
Hard to see Sears, Huws, Skuse or Wilson attracting much interest.
We had a decent offer for Jackson in the summer & should have taken it as his value will have fallen this season with 11 games & 1 goal. More poor squad management if Lambert was committed to 4-3-3, in which he doesn't really fit.
Some loans for our many surplus young midfield players would make sense.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Who is leaving us then? on 18:11 - Jan 19 with 2102 viewsmonty_radio

Who is leaving us then? on 17:57 - Jan 19 by Radlett_blue

I think the first 5 players you listed are all out of contract in the summer so we should listen to offers, but I guess Lambert turned down Plymouth's bid for Donacien so he can remain as cover for RB if KVY isn't going to play all season.
We had a decent offer for Jackson in the summer & should have taken it as his value will have fallen this season with 11 games & 1 goal. More poor squad management if Lambert was committed to 4-3-3, in which he doesn't really fit.

I guess the level of interest depends on the level they're prepared to play/be paid at. I'm sure all would have suitors if their desire to play exceeded their desire to be paid. Last week's reported exchanges with Colchester re Sears would be a case in point.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Who is leaving us then? on 18:11 - Jan 19 with 2097 viewsMaySixth

Surplus to requirements......

Donacien
Huws
Simpson
El Mizouni

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Who is leaving us then? on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 2071 viewsreusersfreekicks

Who is leaving us then? on 17:57 - Jan 19 by Radlett_blue

Not sure what Wilson has done wrong to be so far off the first team
Who is leaving us then? on 18:34 - Jan 19 with 2012 viewsIllinoisblue

Who is leaving us then? on 18:18 - Jan 19 by reusersfreekicks

Got to make room to develop Arsenal youths innit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who is leaving us then? on 18:49 - Jan 19 with 1958 viewsHerbivore

Donacien will go, probably on loan. A few youngsters will go so that we can play other people's youngsters instead. If we got a decent offer for Jackson we'd probably sell but I doubt we'll get a decent off for him at this point. I do worry how one paced our striking options would be without Jackson.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who is leaving us then? on 19:22 - Jan 19 with 1854 viewsgordon

Wilson (as above)

Agree with all of that. Fingers crossed Judge leaves, but unlikely.

Think the complication will be that if we stay down then the likes of Downes, Edwards, Dozzell and Bishop could leave, but if we go up they'll probably stay.
Who is leaving us then? on 19:36 - Jan 19 with 1827 viewsPhilTWTD

Who is leaving us then? on 18:18 - Jan 19 by reusersfreekicks

He's been injured, isn't too far away from a return.
Who is leaving us then? on 19:50 - Jan 19 with 1769 viewsGeorge25

knowing Ipswich they will just leave some players out of the cap, meaning we will be playing their full wages for them to train.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024