Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at table after tonight’s results... 21:41 - Jan 19 with 1417 viewsbrazil1981

defeats in next couple of matches could really start to put even the play-offs out of our reach! Fear the worst tbh...same period last year we gradually lost ground on leaders!
Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 21:45 - Jan 19 with 1366 viewsChurchman

Seriously, I don’t think we need to worry about the top of the table. That’s for the big boys. The main objective has to be the other end of the table, which thanks to squeezing out a result last Saturday, we should be ok till next season.
Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 21:49 - Jan 19 with 1318 viewsMrTown

The table looks favourable after tonight. 1 point off 6th with 3 games in hand?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 21:49 - Jan 19 with 1317 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Surely if it is the play-offs you yearn for Accrington, Charlton and Sunderland losing were the results you wanted? On ppg we are now in the play-offs and surely we can get 2 points from 3 games in hand?

However, I fear that your overall evaluation of dropping away from the play offs is likely. Not because of the other teams that are consistent enough to be in them but because of our lack of form.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:32 - Jan 19 with 1059 viewseddiespearitt03

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 21:49 - Jan 19 by MrTown

Favorable ? Ha ha ha. Lets see what happens in the next 6-8 games

A club of this stature should be leading the way. The one man band Mr Evans is running this club like a proper lower league club now so get used to it.
Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:47 - Jan 19 with 1026 viewsmadmouse1959

Does not fill you with excitement when it reads that this great club are probably having to compete with Accrington, Charlton and Crewe for a 6th place in LEAGUE ONE.

shampoo dave

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:52 - Jan 19 with 1021 viewseddiespearitt03

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:47 - Jan 19 by madmouse1959

Does not fill you with excitement when it reads that this great club are probably having to compete with Accrington, Charlton and Crewe for a 6th place in LEAGUE ONE.

All that guff from Paul Lambert about getting players back from injury and yet we still have to recruit loan players.
Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:58 - Jan 19 with 1013 viewsMrTown

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:32 - Jan 19 by eddiespearitt03

Favorable ? Ha ha ha. Lets see what happens in the next 6-8 games

A club of this stature should be leading the way. The one man band Mr Evans is running this club like a proper lower league club now so get used to it.

I’ve never understood this ‘club of this stature’ argument so I can’t comment on that.

Most elements of Evans reign have been poor, but there is very little more he can do to provide the assets required to Lambert to get us up, you’re pointing the finger at the wrong person this time I’m afraid.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 00:27 - Jan 20 with 980 viewsgainsboroughblue

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:47 - Jan 19 by madmouse1959

When you use old currency and say DIVISION THREE it sounds even worse.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 00:44 - Jan 20 with 957 viewsChocorange

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:58 - Jan 19 by MrTown

I’ve never understood this ‘club of this stature’ argument so I can’t comment on that.

Most elements of Evans reign have been poor, but there is very little more he can do to provide the assets required to Lambert to get us up, you’re pointing the finger at the wrong person this time I’m afraid.

Evans can recognise the evidence in front of him and end the charade that we have a manager who knows what he is doing .

The only thing Lambert is good at is contract negotiations. 500k in league 1 finishes 11th and poor again this season... yet he’s still here.

He has no idea on tactics, or on recruitment , falls out with good players ,( see the forum thread on Albrighton, see Wolf , ) falls out with his asst manager ( Culverhouse) , falls out with the press , falls out with forum site, falls out with the fans ... there’s a pattern there ...
the list is endless..
He just talks a good game to Evans ..and he swallows it .

Evans is responsible too, cos he has the power to end this rubbish.
Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 08:10 - Jan 20 with 755 viewstractorboy1978

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 23:58 - Jan 19 by MrTown

It's pretty embarrassing that a lot of fans benchmark us against the play-offs rather than the top 2 though. I'm not someone that says 'we should be walking this league' but not competing for automatic promotion is an absolute failure at this level given the wealth of resources the manager has at his disposal.
Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 08:55 - Jan 20 with 655 viewsitfcjoe

The next 2-3 games will tell us where we are.

Are we going to pushing for the top 2 in the leading 4-5 clubs in the division.

Or are we going to be one of 4 or 5 teams pushing for 5th or 6th place.

If we don't win either of the next two then there is no way Lambert should keep his job, but we've said that 100 times before, and he keeps failing the tests

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 08:59 - Jan 20 with 624 viewsbrazil1981

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 08:10 - Jan 20 by tractorboy1978

It's pretty embarrassing that a lot of fans benchmark us against the play-offs rather than the top 2 though. I'm not someone that says 'we should be walking this league' but not competing for automatic promotion is an absolute failure at this level given the wealth of resources the manager has at his disposal.

I know many don’t agree but I think we still have a very strong squad for this level...we’ve just a stubborn manager who persists with tactics which aren’t working and an inability to motivate players!
Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 09:14 - Jan 20 with 570 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looking at table after tonight’s results... on 21:49 - Jan 19 by MrTown

Given how we're playing I'd rather have the points than the games in hand, but yes there is a chance that we could be well in the mix again if we do well in those games in hand.

The only problem is that we've been performing between 8th and 15th best over the last 10 games, so we need a big turnaround in our fortunes and for one or more of those above to fall off the pace too. Possible I suppose as there's a long way to go (as long as the season isn't called off early).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024