Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just depressed myself by looking at the table 07:00 - Jan 20 with 1100 viewsHipsterectomy

We really could begin to spiral out of touching distance of the play offs if (when?) we lose on Saturday - or at the very most have the hope of the last play off spot. Season over before February just like last year, although Marcus Evans still has this exclusive data somewhere that shows we're making progress...

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 07:17 - Jan 20 with 1047 viewsbobbyramsey

....glass half empty?

We might win.....
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 07:18 - Jan 20 with 1047 viewsKeno

Come on Hipster, chin up

things will look different after our free flowing football, inspired by the tactical genius of Paul Lambert from a team filled by the young players Brough through from the academy brings as a 4-0 win on saturday ...........

sorry I have been dreaming and posted that in my sleep

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 10:11 - Jan 20 with 887 viewsBasuco

We are 7 points behind top of the league Hull with 2 games in hand with our best players returning to the team and training. One new signing in and another very possibly on the way, both with the ability and skills to add a goal threat. I am feeling glass half full and we have every chance of kicking on in the second half of the season. Even a loss on Saturday is not season over by a long way, but keeping key players fit will be key to achieving this. Keep the faith and see what happens.
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 10:20 - Jan 20 with 870 viewshammo56

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 10:11 - Jan 20 by Basuco

We are 7 points behind top of the league Hull with 2 games in hand with our best players returning to the team and training. One new signing in and another very possibly on the way, both with the ability and skills to add a goal threat. I am feeling glass half full and we have every chance of kicking on in the second half of the season. Even a loss on Saturday is not season over by a long way, but keeping key players fit will be key to achieving this. Keep the faith and see what happens.

Unfortunately though these returning players even when fit have often failed to live up to expectation in the past.
Even if by some miracle this squad managed to get promoted I dread to think how they would fair in the Championship.
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 10:22 - Jan 20 with 854 viewsMrTown

Sunderland is a bigger game than Peterborough.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 11:43 - Jan 20 with 744 viewsstantheman

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 10:20 - Jan 20 by hammo56

Unfortunately though these returning players even when fit have often failed to live up to expectation in the past.
Even if by some miracle this squad managed to get promoted I dread to think how they would fair in the Championship.

I think I know the answer to your second paragraph.
We will be lower half in the division and the posters will be saying things like "we are Ipswich and should be in the play offs at least" or "with the squad we have we should be doing better than this and the only way forward is to sack the manager" etc etc etc etc etc etc.
Oh and "happy clappers are why we are so rubbish"
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 11:52 - Jan 20 with 710 viewsstonojnr

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 10:20 - Jan 20 by hammo56

They might get themselves out of the we are too good to play in this league mindset they seem to have created.

Plus first season back in the championship you are aiming for 21st.

But I cant see why people are getting depressed with league position at the moment nearly half way through the season and Town are tracking towards the play offs, I think weve lost too many games to win the league,or even finish 2nd, but to write this season off now just because we are 8th is crazy in my view
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 11:54 - Jan 20 with 700 viewspointofblue

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 11:43 - Jan 20 by stantheman

We will be lower half in the division and the posters will be saying things like "we are Ipswich and should be in the play offs at least" or "with the squad we have we should be doing better than this and the only way forward is to sack the manager" etc etc etc etc etc etc.

That’s even more depressing - makes me wonder what kind of future we have as a club. We have to be happy, at best, of bumbling between 12th and 21st in the Championship.

These are the days.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 12:03 - Jan 20 with 683 viewsstantheman

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 11:54 - Jan 20 by pointofblue

That’s even more depressing - makes me wonder what kind of future we have as a club. We have to be happy, at best, of bumbling between 12th and 21st in the Championship.

These are the days.

In the short term the only hope we have going forward is to take small progressions, not pie in the sky ideas that we are bigger or better than we are. I know it sounds depressing but baby steps is the way forward or it will be boom and bust. Not sure Lambert is the way forward but the bigger question is what manager is available who has a record of building a squad over a few years at other same size clubs. Don't come up with someone who has had a little success at a club like Shrewsbury.
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 12:11 - Jan 20 with 669 viewsEireannach_gorm

There, there, there. We just have to work a bit harder and everything will be all right
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 13:58 - Jan 20 with 581 viewshammo56

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 11:43 - Jan 20 by stantheman

If we could be guaranteed lower half in the Championship with the current squad I would be delighted.
However, given that a lot of players who put up such a pitiful performance in retaining our Championship status are still with us and have shown no improvement even at League 1 level then I would not hold out much hope of us staying up unless the squad was improved substantially.
Again that would be very unlikely to happen.
Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 13:59 - Jan 20 with 577 viewsMrTown

Just depressed myself by looking at the table on 12:11 - Jan 20 by Eireannach_gorm

There, there, there. We just have to work a bit harder and everything will be all right

'Nastier in both boxes' seems to be a go to as well.

He's very good at telling us what needs to be done,without ever been able to coach it.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:01]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024