Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season 08:29 - Jan 20 with 1098 viewsElderGrizzly

Norwich one of the rejectors, of course

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:35 - Jan 20 with 1053 viewsIpswichKnight

You mean plucky little Bournemouth as well.

I do hope there will be no grace period for teams coming down to L1.
Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:40 - Jan 20 with 1035 viewsHerbivore

The Championship is voting to continue being a basket case.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:46 - Jan 20 with 1005 viewsWeekender

Same reason as we voted against a L1 cap I guess. Why would you vote to limit your financial budget which could give you an advantage over rivals. Norwich and Bournemouth have parachute payments and Brentford have recently had huge incoming transfer fees.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:48 - Jan 20 with 988 viewshype313

I wonder how Norwich would have voted, had they not had that season in the PL

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:49 - Jan 20 with 981 viewsHerbivore

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:48 - Jan 20 by hype313

I wonder how Norwich would have voted, had they not had that season in the PL

Which one?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:58 - Jan 20 with 949 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

It's an absolute mess of a league!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 09:01 - Jan 20 with 939 viewsElderGrizzly

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:40 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

The Championship is voting to continue being a basket case.

And one of the biggest reasons to vote against seems to be this:

"A letter sent to the other clubs by promotion-chasers Brentford, Bournemouth and Norwich City picked apart the proposals and featured a claim that one finance director had found '30 ways' to cheat them"

If there are loopholes, close them. You don't throw out the entire proposal.

I know why the rich reject it, but the game will go bust without some change.
Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 09:16 - Jan 20 with 866 viewsBent_double

Unfortunately I don't think it's something that's going to bother Noj for quite a few seasons.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 09:22 - Jan 20 with 851 viewshomer_123

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:58 - Jan 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

It's an absolute mess of a league!!

Yeah - we dodged a bullet there didn't we. Thank god for L1! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 09:32 - Jan 20 with 830 viewsElderGrizzly

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 08:46 - Jan 20 by Weekender

Same reason as we voted against a L1 cap I guess. Why would you vote to limit your financial budget which could give you an advantage over rivals. Norwich and Bournemouth have parachute payments and Brentford have recently had huge incoming transfer fees.

The cap in Championship would have helped us coming up from L1 of course, by bringing the richest back to a more even playing field.

Given our bill was over the proposed cap (£18m) when we went down, it is a level we could compete on.

While it still allows clubs, especially those with parachutes, to pay £60m+ in wages the league will be so distorted.
Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 11:38 - Jan 20 with 623 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Championship clubs rejecting salary cap from next season on 09:32 - Jan 20 by ElderGrizzly

The cap in Championship would have helped us coming up from L1 of course, by bringing the richest back to a more even playing field.

Given our bill was over the proposed cap (£18m) when we went down, it is a level we could compete on.

While it still allows clubs, especially those with parachutes, to pay £60m+ in wages the league will be so distorted.

Exactly. Long term it's in the interests of just about everybody but obviously those with riches at the moment won't vote for it. Things can change quickly though I suppose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024