Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night 09:39 - Jan 20 with 3318 viewsstantheman

Fascinating documentary about original outbreak in China and how it affected different countries and how they reacted (or didn't) over the following months.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:04 - Jan 20 with 3244 viewsWallingford_Boy

Ooohh that does sound interesting.

Which channel was it on please?

RIP Sir Bobby

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:05 - Jan 20 with 3235 viewsMonkeyAlan

No mention because l should think people want a break from all the doom and gloom. Not more documentaries, news specials on outbreaks/viruses. I don't understand the these people that just watch all that doom and gloom constantly. God it's depressing enough at the moment anyway, without keep watching even more of it. I switch all of it off now. We don't need corona virus specials etc every night, then the news after that, then panorama after that, then documentaries on top as well. A half hour news at 6pm and 10pm is more than enough.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:52 - Jan 20 with 3187 viewsdavblue

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:04 - Jan 20 by Wallingford_Boy

Ooohh that does sound interesting.

Which channel was it on please?

ITV i think.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:58 - Jan 20 with 3177 viewsGeoffSentence

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:05 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

No mention because l should think people want a break from all the doom and gloom. Not more documentaries, news specials on outbreaks/viruses. I don't understand the these people that just watch all that doom and gloom constantly. God it's depressing enough at the moment anyway, without keep watching even more of it. I switch all of it off now. We don't need corona virus specials etc every night, then the news after that, then panorama after that, then documentaries on top as well. A half hour news at 6pm and 10pm is more than enough.

I got away from it all by watching a documentary about BSE and vCJD.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 11:53 - Jan 20 with 3100 viewsMonkeyAlan

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:58 - Jan 20 by GeoffSentence

I got away from it all by watching a documentary about BSE and vCJD.

Lucky boy. That's the way.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 12:21 - Jan 20 with 3069 viewsstantheman

It was a reminder that the origins of the pandemic was originally covered up the Chinese by saying that it was not transmittable from human to human. Hence the horrific delay in countries doing anything about it until it was too late. Obviously a number of mistakes followed but people seem to have forgotten the original problem and just seem to blame everyone else as to why so many have died.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 12:57 - Jan 20 with 3006 viewsEireannach_gorm

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 10:05 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

Entirely your choice to enlighten yourself regarding the current pandemic and it is a comfort for some people to be in the dark about it. Personally I like to have all the information available to enable me to make informed decisions regarding how to protect myself and my family. Knowledge ( not feelings ) is power.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 13:17 - Jan 20 with 2985 viewsstantheman

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 12:57 - Jan 20 by Eireannach_gorm

Entirely your choice to enlighten yourself regarding the current pandemic and it is a comfort for some people to be in the dark about it. Personally I like to have all the information available to enable me to make informed decisions regarding how to protect myself and my family. Knowledge ( not feelings ) is power.

That's the main problem in my opinion. People just want to put their fingers in their ears and keep yelling Nah, Nah, Nah, Nahhhhh!
Login to get fewer ads

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 17:16 - Jan 20 with 2897 viewsMonkeyAlan

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 13:17 - Jan 20 by stantheman

That's the main problem in my opinion. People just want to put their fingers in their ears and keep yelling Nah, Nah, Nah, Nahhhhh!

Not at all. Just had my fill of it, as have a lot of people. It's constant. We don't need corona virus specials every day going over the same ground. Or panorama specials, or pandemic specials. I know the rules lm following them. Hardly been anywhere since last March. The 6pm or 10pm news tells you all you need to know. Let's have something light hearted. Trouble is, it's cheap tv for the BBC, they don't have to think of anything else.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 17:51 - Jan 20 with 2876 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 17:16 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

Not at all. Just had my fill of it, as have a lot of people. It's constant. We don't need corona virus specials every day going over the same ground. Or panorama specials, or pandemic specials. I know the rules lm following them. Hardly been anywhere since last March. The 6pm or 10pm news tells you all you need to know. Let's have something light hearted. Trouble is, it's cheap tv for the BBC, they don't have to think of anything else.

" cheap tv for the BBC "

Or alternatively an unprecedented pandemic where various NHS consultants have said,

"We've lost control of the virus this winter ..." and

"I think the public want to do the right thing but I don't think they fully understand the problem .."

Now you clearly are not interested but your £160 (almost) covers more than just the news outlet which in this instance I would argue hits two of Lord Reith's values by providing output that is both informative and educational.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 18:08 - Jan 20 with 2852 viewsKeaneish

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 12:57 - Jan 20 by Eireannach_gorm

What have you leant of any value or consequence for how to protect yourself and your family? I haven’t seen anything of note that resembles a meaningful strategy or understanding on how to kill or cure the pathogen let alone how to protect ourselves against an invisible enemy that can sport billions of cells in a single day. Wearing a mask, not going outside, washing hands seem like sensible enough suggestions while they figure out what’s going on but they’re hardly long term solutions if this persists.

Small Pox lasted nearly a century. AIDS was actually first detected in the late 50s. This COVID variant is in its infancy.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 18:26 - Jan 20 with 2822 viewsRyorry

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 17:16 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

I feel somewhat similar usually, but came across this by accident on +1 & although I hadn't intended to watch it, I actually found it too fascinating to switch off - contained some background info I'd not seen before, & it was v. useful to see a wrap-up in condensed form of the past year.

As well as general info re animals->human transmission, and how we will always be at risk of pandemics from other viruses due to humans messing up carnivorous food production & supplies, the prog highlighted to me the Chinese & our own Govt. as both criminally incompetent at various stages, along with Trump & the Brazilian president.

Oh, and btw, it was shown on ITV.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 18:27]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 18:49 - Jan 20 with 2804 viewsstantheman

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 18:08 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

What have you leant of any value or consequence for how to protect yourself and your family? I haven’t seen anything of note that resembles a meaningful strategy or understanding on how to kill or cure the pathogen let alone how to protect ourselves against an invisible enemy that can sport billions of cells in a single day. Wearing a mask, not going outside, washing hands seem like sensible enough suggestions while they figure out what’s going on but they’re hardly long term solutions if this persists.

Small Pox lasted nearly a century. AIDS was actually first detected in the late 50s. This COVID variant is in its infancy.

Us oldies will be getting some form of covid vaccine for the rest of our lives along with the flu jab. They will have to alter the vaccines going forward to cover any variants, which they can do quite easily, evidently. There was no mention about the virus coming from that laboratory with the dodgy door however. It just inferred that eating dodgy animal food sources was the cause of the outbreak. Also that the first Chinese who brought it to UK were segregated in York. The other factor that was relevant was that 70% of the original spreaders were asymptomatic.
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 19:59 - Jan 20 with 2765 viewsEireannach_gorm

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 18:08 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

You did ask!
No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 20:02 - Jan 20 with 2760 viewsJ2BLUE

So don't watch it. I don't see what you're crying about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 20:07 - Jan 20 with 2751 viewsjeera

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 20:02 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

So don't watch it. I don't see what you're crying about.

I missed the first half hour and regretted missing that chunk afterwards.

I didn't think I'd be interested having suffered a bit of an overload over the past year, but it was a half-decent recap as it goes.

From what I saw anyway.

I might dig it out at some point but am trying to watch more light-hearted things right now.

I've even managed to get through Cobra Kai which is pretty awful really, but at the same time bizarrely watchable in its own way.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 20:20 - Jan 20 with 2727 viewsKeaneish

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 19:59 - Jan 20 by Eireannach_gorm

You did ask!

I suspect there’s a Chinese manufacturer making these right now at a fraction of the cost without any regard for IP.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 23:58 - Jan 20 with 2655 viewsJ2BLUE

Just watched it. Horrific. I feel for the people who lost family members and the medical staff who were clearly terrified.

The wet markets make me so sad.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 00:05 - Jan 21 with 2647 viewsRyorry

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 23:58 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

Just watched it. Horrific. I feel for the people who lost family members and the medical staff who were clearly terrified.

The wet markets make me so sad.

Quite - not just the virus, but those poor animals - Jesus H -

Shouldn't be surprised of course, given China's track record on human rights - they're hardly going to pay the slightest bit of attention to animal welfare

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 09:53 - Jan 21 with 2574 viewsChurchman

No mention on here about "Outbreak" on tv last night on 17:51 - Jan 20 by You_Bloo_Right

" cheap tv for the BBC "

Or alternatively an unprecedented pandemic where various NHS consultants have said,

"We've lost control of the virus this winter ..." and

"I think the public want to do the right thing but I don't think they fully understand the problem .."

Now you clearly are not interested but your £160 (almost) covers more than just the news outlet which in this instance I would argue hits two of Lord Reith's values by providing output that is both informative and educational.

Yes, but I don’t get a choice as to whether I pay it or not. Nor is what the BBC always balanced, neutral or accurate. Commercial channels are not either (Fox news was unreal when I saw that), but I have a choice with those
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024