Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The James Maddison interview 11:28 - Jan 20 with 2250 viewsBluefish

The way he is so bought into the manager and the team and so focused on the performances. It really really reminded me of Mick McCarthy

Oh how I miss that man

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The James Maddison interview on 12:36 - Jan 20 with 628 viewsitfcjoe

The James Maddison interview on 12:09 - Jan 20 by stantheman

Totally agree with you there. It was terrible recruitment since Mick. If only there was a younger Mick mark two about with better knowledge of newer coaching techniques and tactics aligned to our squad limitations.

It was only really one window of terrible recruitment - the rest have been fine and seen us build a squad which there is no excuse not to compete at top of league 1 in.

With all of Covid and budgets slashed around leagues etc we probably have better depth than a few teams at bottom end of the league above

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The James Maddison interview on 12:37 - Jan 20 with 627 viewsCoco

The James Maddison interview on 12:31 - Jan 20 by stantheman

Not sure what you are trying to say there. I was trying to say that you do not know what you are getting when taking on a new manager until he has been here for a while. Robson was given pelters early on in his time here. Ferguson was doubted for the same reason. Best try not to be too clever when you reply sometimes.

wasn't a dig at you. Just do not understand why people hark back to Mick McCarthy.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The James Maddison interview on 12:38 - Jan 20 with 623 viewsChurchman

I don’t miss him one iota. He was suffocatingly dull and so were his teams. Dreadful hoof ball. Patronising, boring interviews, one up front, smugly trying to tell us that ‘Dougie’ was a great player, despite the bloke being embarrassingly abject. Some of his signings were laughable (I give you Giles Coke). He had his time. Shame before and after him has been a trail of management dregs.

But to be fair, some players MM signed were excellent. As has been said many times, had we not had a tinpot, garbage owner, MM would have got us to the Premier in his first 3 years, I think with ease. Who can forget Charlton Watford and Fulham away and Leeds and Middlesbrough at home?

MM was not even close to Brendan Rodgers standard and whilst Leicester were once a similar sized club, they are light years away and we are unlikely to ever play them again.
The James Maddison interview on 12:40 - Jan 20 with 620 viewspointofblue

The James Maddison interview on 12:01 - Jan 20 by Bluefish

I miss everything

I miss having a manager to be proud of
I miss having a team to be proud of
I miss going to or watching games with an excitement, anticipating if we would win....even and especially against the big teams
I miss feeling part of the club with the togetherness of the players
I miss the genuine warmth of the guy
I miss seeing a team with a plan
I miss signings that add something and come good against the odds
I miss the championship
I miss the kids being trusted
I miss a game plan and tactics
I miss his beautiful face
I miss good old TC and his shooting drills
I could go on all day

Having a manager to be proud of - maybe
Team to be proud of - no, other than 14/15 we were understandably sneered about by our peers for the most part
Watching games with excitement, even beating the big teams - when did that happen?
Feeling part of the club and together with the players - yes, we really were as one when a section called Mick a paedo and he told them to eff off
Genuine warmth of the guy - towards the players, I guess
A team with a plan - yes, very true
Signings that add something and come good - some did, some didn’t but definitely a better hit rate than now
The Championship - I miss it for the money it brings in but plodding around not being allowed to expect much is hardly thrilling
Kids being trusted - for the most part Lambert has probably been better at this than Mick, albeit out of necessity than choice
Game plan and tactics - yes, true
TC and his shooting drills - never seen them but if you say so!

Mick’s time had expired here; if he had stayed bad blood between the club and fans would have dragged us down eventually anyway. It’s the decisions afterwards which destroyed us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The James Maddison interview on 12:41 - Jan 20 with 621 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The James Maddison interview on 12:01 - Jan 20 by Bluefish

I miss everything

I miss having a manager to be proud of
I miss having a team to be proud of
I miss going to or watching games with an excitement, anticipating if we would win....even and especially against the big teams
I miss feeling part of the club with the togetherness of the players
I miss the genuine warmth of the guy
I miss seeing a team with a plan
I miss signings that add something and come good against the odds
I miss the championship
I miss the kids being trusted
I miss a game plan and tactics
I miss his beautiful face
I miss good old TC and his shooting drills
I could go on all day

and he signed Emyr Huws for this football club and he still pick up his wages from us for doing nothing.

'I miss seeing a team with a plan' oh yeah 0-0 a great result

Share your thoughts with APOEL fans as they will die with a laughter. Wouldn't surprise me if they regarded him as their worst ever manager. Their team's upturn since they have sacked him has been immense.
The James Maddison interview on 12:42 - Jan 20 with 605 viewsitfcjoe

The James Maddison interview on 12:41 - Jan 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

and he signed Emyr Huws for this football club and he still pick up his wages from us for doing nothing.

Share your thoughts with APOEL fans as they will die with a laughter. Wouldn't surprise me if they regarded him as their worst ever manager. Their team's upturn since they have sacked him has been immense.

APOEL have won 7 titles in a row and sacked 14 managers in the last 5 years - they are clearly a total basket case

The James Maddison interview on 12:43 - Jan 20 with 600 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The James Maddison interview on 12:42 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

APOEL have won 7 titles in a row and sacked 14 managers in the last 5 years - they are clearly a total basket case

Massive improvement though since they have sacked him. Prior to that they had been losing matches.
The James Maddison interview on 12:48 - Jan 20 with 582 viewsitfcjoe

The James Maddison interview on 12:43 - Jan 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Massive improvement though since they have sacked him. Prior to that they had been losing matches.

I'm more worried about the massive improvement Ipswich haven't made since he left here

Login to get fewer ads

The James Maddison interview on 12:54 - Jan 20 with 564 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The James Maddison interview on 12:48 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

I'm more worried about the massive improvement Ipswich haven't made since he left here

He ought to have gone far sooner. Bad decisions made after his departure have been the bigger problem.
The James Maddison interview on 12:54 - Jan 20 with 561 viewsBluefish

The James Maddison interview on 12:48 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

Mach isn't

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The James Maddison interview on 12:58 - Jan 20 with 548 viewsDanTheMan

The James Maddison interview on 12:41 - Jan 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

I'd prefer 0-0 in the Championship to losing at home 3-2 to 23rd place Swindon if I'm being honest.

And just to be clear, I think Mick going was the right decision and the stuff that came afterwards is the reason we are here. However, I think people looking back and thinking "it wasn't really that bad under McCarthy" aren't crazy considering the current circumstances.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 12:59]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The James Maddison interview on 13:00 - Jan 20 with 541 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The James Maddison interview on 12:58 - Jan 20 by DanTheMan

I'd prefer 0-0 in the Championship to losing at home 3-2 to 23rd place Swindon if I'm being honest.

And just to be clear, I think Mick going was the right decision and the stuff that came afterwards is the reason we are here. However, I think people looking back and thinking "it wasn't really that bad under McCarthy" aren't crazy considering the current circumstances.

Play with the better defenders and we won't be conceding 3 against the lowly teams like Swindon.
The James Maddison interview on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 538 viewsDanTheMan

The James Maddison interview on 13:00 - Jan 20 by Mach_foreignBlue

Play with the better defenders and we won't be conceding 3 against the lowly teams like Swindon.

If we had an at all competent manager, we wouldn't be doing it with the players we have.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The James Maddison interview on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 528 viewsMach_foreignBlue

The James Maddison interview on 13:01 - Jan 20 by DanTheMan

If we had an at all competent manager, we wouldn't be doing it with the players we have.

Of course I agree with you. Paul Cook would be my dream appointment. But Evans won't sack this fraud whom we have in charge due to his long term contract.
The James Maddison interview on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 526 viewsCoco

The James Maddison interview on 12:58 - Jan 20 by DanTheMan

but it was horrible under Mick.

I prefer vomiting to diarrhoea but that doesn't mean either are enjoyable.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

The James Maddison interview on 13:04 - Jan 20 with 526 viewsstantheman

The James Maddison interview on 12:37 - Jan 20 by Coco

wasn't a dig at you. Just do not understand why people hark back to Mick McCarthy.

Mick was the best one in charge for a huge amount of time. That's all I meant by saying what I did whilst trying to point out that changing managers is a lottery and we have lost out more than most over the years. The worst mistake we have ever made over the years was sacking Burley in my opinion.
The James Maddison interview on 13:05 - Jan 20 with 523 viewsEireannach_gorm

The James Maddison interview on 12:04 - Jan 20 by Keno

re the last point you usually do!!

Jest aside I agree with that and wish we could do a "one more day' song cos Lamberk was going

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024