Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. 12:15 - Jan 20 with 2882 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people still eat up his PR angles? The whole business is a marketing lie to make you think you’re buying from a forward thinking business.

Greenwashed capitalism, it’s a thing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:42 - Jan 20 with 567 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:32 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I guess they can get around that by, um, not actually employing someone...

https://www.boredpanda.com/brewing-company-fake-interviews-stealing-marketing-id

I'm with Callis here. Overpriced, uninteresting beer produced by a business more interested in looking good than genuinely being good.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:34]

You and Footers leaving the OP hanging on negative arrows though :(

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:53 - Jan 20 with 541 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:42 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

You and Footers leaving the OP hanging on negative arrows though :(

Ha! Sorry, I just jumped right in and didn't take account of the score!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:01 - Jan 20 with 525 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:53 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Ha! Sorry, I just jumped right in and didn't take account of the score!

I was surprised it got downvotes to be honest, agree or disagree it's hardy an offensive or out-there opinion.

Bootlickers gon' lick boot I guess.

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:16 - Jan 20 with 501 viewsjeera

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:24 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

No need to get patronising footers. You asked how it's excellent PR and I've explained it.

" I've explained it." Cos that's not at all patronising!

I'd say it's more important how PR is viewed from the outside, (i.e. the punter's view), rather than from the inside, as surely that's the whole point of PR. So it doesn't matter what anyone who works in the field thinks if it's not appeasing the public.

Although it will work on site there of course, because the customers clearly don't care enough to boycott the place. Maybe as word spreads about double standards there will need to be some rethinking though.

I'm not a fan of the OP's sensationalist style but it's not unreasonable to expect a firm to back up its own moral code.

We all know what Trump stands for and I wouldn't knowingly supply any of his outlets with so much as a packet of crisps.

*I don't sell crisps before anyone gets excited.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:46]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:20 - Jan 20 with 492 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:16 - Jan 20 by jeera

" I've explained it." Cos that's not at all patronising!

I'd say it's more important how PR is viewed from the outside, (i.e. the punter's view), rather than from the inside, as surely that's the whole point of PR. So it doesn't matter what anyone who works in the field thinks if it's not appeasing the public.

Although it will work on site there of course, because the customers clearly don't care enough to boycott the place. Maybe as word spreads about double standards there will need to be some rethinking though.

I'm not a fan of the OP's sensationalist style but it's not unreasonable to expect a firm to back up its own moral code.

We all know what Trump stands for and I wouldn't knowingly supply any of his outlets with so much as a packet of crisps.

*I don't sell crisps before anyone gets excited.

I'd kill for some Ham and Mustard Brannigan's right now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:21 - Jan 20 with 489 viewsjeera

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:20 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

How do the Stateside crisps, (yes you bleeders, crisps not chips), compare with ours?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:24 - Jan 20 with 483 viewsStokieBlue

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:21 - Jan 20 by jeera

How do the Stateside crisps, (yes you bleeders, crisps not chips), compare with ours?

For US "crisps" Lays Jalapeno Ranch crisps are very wrong but also very right.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:26 - Jan 20 with 475 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:24 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

For US "crisps" Lays Jalapeno Ranch crisps are very wrong but also very right.

SB

Dill pickle flavour. Inject it into my veins.

Ranch is a king sauce the UK really needs to wake up to. And Root Beer.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 470 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:20 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Top top - some Bisto granules and Colemans in baked beans and you can have that flavour for beans on toast.

Was a "Holy sh1t I am poor RN" trick of mine at Uni, eat a different themed version of the same cheap meal every night of the week.

My Spice Girls themed cheese on toast selection was a personal highlight.

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:33 - Jan 20 with 456 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:21 - Jan 20 by jeera

There's no fun in American crisps. No Space Raiders, no Monster Munch, No Salt 'n' Shake (the Ms really couldn't get her head around that one - "you add your own salt?!"

In general, stick to your kettle chip offerings over here and you're on solid ground. Decent range of flavours, quality the same as back home.

Lays = Walkers. Same logo just a different brand name. You can get most of the core range but you need to swap out Prawn Cocktail, Smokey Bacon and Cheese and Onion for Dill Pickle, Honey BBQ and Sour Cream and Onion. These are the same crisps as what Gary Linekar would recognise, but some of the flavours would blow his mind.

From there things get wild. Doritos - Cool Original in the UK is actually called Cool Ranch here (Ranch dressing is its own food group to Americans). Where things get really wild is in the 'puffed corn' categories. Neon orange offerings that will stain everything in a five mile radius. Wotsits on steroids.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:35 - Jan 20 with 445 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:33 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

There's no fun in American crisps. No Space Raiders, no Monster Munch, No Salt 'n' Shake (the Ms really couldn't get her head around that one - "you add your own salt?!"

In general, stick to your kettle chip offerings over here and you're on solid ground. Decent range of flavours, quality the same as back home.

Lays = Walkers. Same logo just a different brand name. You can get most of the core range but you need to swap out Prawn Cocktail, Smokey Bacon and Cheese and Onion for Dill Pickle, Honey BBQ and Sour Cream and Onion. These are the same crisps as what Gary Linekar would recognise, but some of the flavours would blow his mind.

From there things get wild. Doritos - Cool Original in the UK is actually called Cool Ranch here (Ranch dressing is its own food group to Americans). Where things get really wild is in the 'puffed corn' categories. Neon orange offerings that will stain everything in a five mile radius. Wotsits on steroids.

Ranch dressing is the whitest white person condiment ever invented, and I'm including mayonnaise in that.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:36 - Jan 20 with 443 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:29 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

Top top - some Bisto granules and Colemans in baked beans and you can have that flavour for beans on toast.

Was a "Holy sh1t I am poor RN" trick of mine at Uni, eat a different themed version of the same cheap meal every night of the week.

My Spice Girls themed cheese on toast selection was a personal highlight.

Can't do baked beans over here. Same as with bread, they're waaaaay too sweet for my taste, and I'm not paying four quid for a tin of imported Irish Heinz when I stumble across them. Fooking corn syrup in everything.

I make all my own bread these days, I'm not going to be making my own beans too!

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:37 - Jan 20 with 441 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:35 - Jan 20 by footers

Ranch dressing is the whitest white person condiment ever invented, and I'm including mayonnaise in that.

Not naming any names, but someone who I am married to refuses to eat a takeaway pizza without ranch dressing on the side.

Grounds for divorce?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:37]

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:38 - Jan 20 with 438 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:36 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Can't do baked beans over here. Same as with bread, they're waaaaay too sweet for my taste, and I'm not paying four quid for a tin of imported Irish Heinz when I stumble across them. Fooking corn syrup in everything.

I make all my own bread these days, I'm not going to be making my own beans too!

Ah, but you should Moose! Boston-style baked beans in tomato sauce and lardons is a great little side dish.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:43 - Jan 20 with 430 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:38 - Jan 20 by footers

Ah, but you should Moose! Boston-style baked beans in tomato sauce and lardons is a great little side dish.

My sweet summer child. You think I can walk into an American supermarket and simply buy something as 'fancy' as lardons?

We need to get you out here to see for yourself. Every day is like Ready Steady Cook in my house. I go to the shop and come home to figure out how to combine a jalapeno, cheese in a can, pork rinds, Lucky Charms and 6 gallons of Gatorade in order to make an actual edible meal.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:53]

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:45 - Jan 20 with 423 viewsStokieBlue

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:37 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Not naming any names, but someone who I am married to refuses to eat a takeaway pizza without ranch dressing on the side.

Grounds for divorce?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:37]

Ranch dressing itself is actually grim but for some reason I do like those crisps.

Perhaps it's the novelty factor.

SB

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:46 - Jan 20 with 418 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:45 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Ranch dressing itself is actually grim but for some reason I do like those crisps.

Perhaps it's the novelty factor.

SB

I look forward to seeing an online plating featuring poached halibut with a ranch crisp crust any day now!

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:48 - Jan 20 with 415 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:43 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

My sweet summer child. You think I can walk into an American supermarket and simply buy something as 'fancy' as lardons?

We need to get you out here to see for yourself. Every day is like Ready Steady Cook in my house. I go to the shop and come home to figure out how to combine a jalapeno, cheese in a can, pork rinds, Lucky Charms and 6 gallons of Gatorade in order to make an actual edible meal.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:53]

All things considered, think I'll be staying put for the time being.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:49 - Jan 20 with 414 viewsStokieBlue

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:46 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I look forward to seeing an online plating featuring poached halibut with a ranch crisp crust any day now!

Now that's an idea.....

However, in the one shop that sells them around here they are about a fiver a bag!

SB

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:50 - Jan 20 with 410 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:49 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Now that's an idea.....

However, in the one shop that sells them around here they are about a fiver a bag!

SB

Ha, want to set up some kind of food exchange? I can send you limitless American goods and in return you can send me holy grail UK items like Hovis Granary Flour and Scampi Fries.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:52 - Jan 20 with 404 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:50 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Ha, want to set up some kind of food exchange? I can send you limitless American goods and in return you can send me holy grail UK items like Hovis Granary Flour and Scampi Fries.

You turned down my offer of Frazzles and illicit haggis.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:01 - Jan 20 with 385 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:52 - Jan 20 by footers

You turned down my offer of Frazzles and illicit haggis.

Your text said 'Shaggis'...

I've been too harsh on American food to be fair. Admittedly, your average supermarket offering is far below the standard I experienced in the UK. They don't have the variety either. Certainly in New York, you can get sixteen types of chicken breast in your supermarket, but it's unusual to see duck breast or lamb shank etc.

If you can access fresh, local food however, then it's great. Really good seafood, fresh vegetables, fruits. But you have to get them fresh and local, and they cost far more than a lot of people can afford.

Regional specialties are great. You won't find better eating than steamed Alaskan King crab fresh off the boat, genuine authentic BBQ (personally I enjoy the vinegar tang of the Carolina style). Diner pancakes, bottomless coffee. Bourbon, maple syrup. Louisiana offerings can be really interesting. Even those grotesque, fatty, sloppy, dripping roadside fast food heart attack menu items can be amazing and awful all at once.

You just have to avoid the chains stores and Walmarts. that's where America's bad food reputation comes from. There's great food here. You just have to travel for it and be able to afford it.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:01 - Jan 20 with 385 viewsGiant_Midget

I highly doubt the Turnberry is selling nearly enough Brewdog for them to be buying directly from the brewer. They'll be getting it through a wholesaler I'd think.
That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:14 - Jan 20 with 369 viewsStokieBlue

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:01 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Your text said 'Shaggis'...

I've been too harsh on American food to be fair. Admittedly, your average supermarket offering is far below the standard I experienced in the UK. They don't have the variety either. Certainly in New York, you can get sixteen types of chicken breast in your supermarket, but it's unusual to see duck breast or lamb shank etc.

If you can access fresh, local food however, then it's great. Really good seafood, fresh vegetables, fruits. But you have to get them fresh and local, and they cost far more than a lot of people can afford.

Regional specialties are great. You won't find better eating than steamed Alaskan King crab fresh off the boat, genuine authentic BBQ (personally I enjoy the vinegar tang of the Carolina style). Diner pancakes, bottomless coffee. Bourbon, maple syrup. Louisiana offerings can be really interesting. Even those grotesque, fatty, sloppy, dripping roadside fast food heart attack menu items can be amazing and awful all at once.

You just have to avoid the chains stores and Walmarts. that's where America's bad food reputation comes from. There's great food here. You just have to travel for it and be able to afford it.

Am partial to a clam chowder down on the Connecticut coast. There is a lovely place in Stonington with views out over the water and nice beer. As you say there is plenty of excellent food in the US if you can pay for it.

I remember going into a place in Rhode Island that was actually decent and well stocked but the price was far in excess of somewhere like Walmart.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:14]

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:20 - Jan 20 with 363 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:14 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Am partial to a clam chowder down on the Connecticut coast. There is a lovely place in Stonington with views out over the water and nice beer. As you say there is plenty of excellent food in the US if you can pay for it.

I remember going into a place in Rhode Island that was actually decent and well stocked but the price was far in excess of somewhere like Walmart.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:14]

I've really missed travelling within the US this year. There's always something great to eat and drink.

Where we live we have the choice of a local large Co-op style supermarket which is generally pretty crap, or a bit further afield I can go to a Whole Foods. That's twice the price, twice as crowded but does have a far better range of offerings.

Our neighbourhood is stuffed with smaller shops where you can buy any Mexican ingredient you can think if, but we are lacking in butchers, fish mongers, etc. Understandably, as White British blokes aren't the main ethnicity living around here, things aren't set up to cater for my tastes. Still, once a month when I want to make tacos I'm in luck.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024