Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. 12:15 - Jan 20 with 2881 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people still eat up his PR angles? The whole business is a marketing lie to make you think you’re buying from a forward thinking business.

Greenwashed capitalism, it’s a thing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:49 - Jan 20 with 480 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:32 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I guess they can get around that by, um, not actually employing someone...

https://www.boredpanda.com/brewing-company-fake-interviews-stealing-marketing-id

I'm with Callis here. Overpriced, uninteresting beer produced by a business more interested in looking good than genuinely being good.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:34]

Oh I know they nick advertising ideas, they nicked some off me (well the company I worked for)!

I'm not saying they're angels - but what you've said here doesn't have anything to do with what I posted. The fact that they are a Living Wage Employer (and indeed one of the first) says they ARE good... at least to their staff. I have a vested interest here as my missus works for the Living Wage Foundation. Frankly, I don't care so much if they nick ad ideas or if their marketing and PR annoys some, when they pay people a proper living wage. As my missus said, people should be more annoyed at the likes of Sainsbury's who refuse to pay their staff a Real Living Wage.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:53 - Jan 20 with 479 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:37 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

I think actually, as someone who does this (as do you) it's down to us as a collective to do better. We live in a society who have had a century of being marketed to en masse for the first time in history. It's contributed to waste, material living and worst still a level of green washing from mass polluters and genocide enablers. Granted that's an extreme case vs Brew Dog, but responsibility starts with the businesses rather than forcing consumers to make choices based on emotion over fact (which let's be honest, is much of marketing).

When people lie and BS their customers, it reflects bad on us.

For example, happy children smiling at Haribo when it's just melted down animal bones with no nutritional value. Not a dig BTW, I've had to work on plenty of sh1tty businesses when I was agency side without much say too, visiting Gibraltar for a meeting with a big tax-dodging gambling company was a professional low point. But we shouldn't pretend it's all okay to make ourselves feel better. If more people challenge this stuff, we could build a better world and an industry with less greed-other-ethics chancers.

Bill Hicks nailed it. He ain't wrong.

I will say though. Last year I turned down what would have likely been a 4 figure monthly SEO retainer for a leather brand on principle. And I'm hardly a big earner in comparison to the CEO of a nationally stocked beer franchise.

So if little old freelance SEO me can turn down money on principle, it shouldn't be hard for Brew Dog.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:42]

I've never pretended it's all ok to make myself feel better. Everyone lies and BS (not even just businesses). There's far worse out there than BrewDog taking the piss out of Trump while taking his money.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:55 - Jan 20 with 477 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:40 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

I also raise awareness of Apple lobbying against the US government to stop doing business with nations committing genocide.

Do you suddenly feel the urge to buy an iPhone?

No. But then I didn't feel the urge to buy a BrewDog beer either. You're missing the point.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:55 - Jan 20 with 477 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:42 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

You and Footers leaving the OP hanging on negative arrows though :(

haha, aww bless.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:56 - Jan 20 with 474 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:49 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Oh I know they nick advertising ideas, they nicked some off me (well the company I worked for)!

I'm not saying they're angels - but what you've said here doesn't have anything to do with what I posted. The fact that they are a Living Wage Employer (and indeed one of the first) says they ARE good... at least to their staff. I have a vested interest here as my missus works for the Living Wage Foundation. Frankly, I don't care so much if they nick ad ideas or if their marketing and PR annoys some, when they pay people a proper living wage. As my missus said, people should be more annoyed at the likes of Sainsbury's who refuse to pay their staff a Real Living Wage.

Depends doesn't it? Philosophically, there's a difference between doing good for the sake of doing good, or for the sake of another motivation that ultimately will benefit you.

What Sainsbury's does or doesn't do is irrelevant. As is the fact that may Brewdog do some good on one hand while doing plenty of bad on the other. I think we can take a little more of a sophisticated view on things than refusing to critique a business because they do some good things.

Would you overlook Nestle's abuses if they paid a living wage? Most likely not. Doing one good thing doesn't absolve you from a litany of bad things. Clearly, Brewdog aren't the worst by any stretch of the imagination. But they really don't deserve some of the fawning praise that I see them get. Neither their product, or their ethics, are that solid.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:58 - Jan 20 with 471 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:16 - Jan 20 by jeera

" I've explained it." Cos that's not at all patronising!

I'd say it's more important how PR is viewed from the outside, (i.e. the punter's view), rather than from the inside, as surely that's the whole point of PR. So it doesn't matter what anyone who works in the field thinks if it's not appeasing the public.

Although it will work on site there of course, because the customers clearly don't care enough to boycott the place. Maybe as word spreads about double standards there will need to be some rethinking though.

I'm not a fan of the OP's sensationalist style but it's not unreasonable to expect a firm to back up its own moral code.

We all know what Trump stands for and I wouldn't knowingly supply any of his outlets with so much as a packet of crisps.

*I don't sell crisps before anyone gets excited.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:46]

I like how Footers is patronising to me and when I'm patronising back it's me who's at fault!

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:59 - Jan 20 with 461 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:58 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I like how Footers is patronising to me and when I'm patronising back it's me who's at fault!

I wasn't patronising you; I was trying to avoid getting into a debate with you because I can't be arsed to sit here and reply to you for 10 pages.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:00 - Jan 20 with 457 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 14:16 - Jan 20 by jeera

" I've explained it." Cos that's not at all patronising!

I'd say it's more important how PR is viewed from the outside, (i.e. the punter's view), rather than from the inside, as surely that's the whole point of PR. So it doesn't matter what anyone who works in the field thinks if it's not appeasing the public.

Although it will work on site there of course, because the customers clearly don't care enough to boycott the place. Maybe as word spreads about double standards there will need to be some rethinking though.

I'm not a fan of the OP's sensationalist style but it's not unreasonable to expect a firm to back up its own moral code.

We all know what Trump stands for and I wouldn't knowingly supply any of his outlets with so much as a packet of crisps.

*I don't sell crisps before anyone gets excited.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:46]

If Trump wants to buy something off me, I'd take his money. Why ever not? I don't have much time for Sky but I've been happily taking their money off them for the past 9 months.

Login to get fewer ads

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:02 - Jan 20 with 452 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:00 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

If Trump wants to buy something off me, I'd take his money. Why ever not? I don't have much time for Sky but I've been happily taking their money off them for the past 9 months.

Where's the line? Is there anyone you wouldn't sell to, knowing they are using what they buy to make themselves richer? Its not as if Trump is ordering a pint of Brewdog in his local. His businesses are using their product to make money.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:03 - Jan 20 with 450 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:01 - Jan 20 by Giant_Midget

I highly doubt the Turnberry is selling nearly enough Brewdog for them to be buying directly from the brewer. They'll be getting it through a wholesaler I'd think.

Of course they will.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:12 - Jan 20 with 426 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:56 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Depends doesn't it? Philosophically, there's a difference between doing good for the sake of doing good, or for the sake of another motivation that ultimately will benefit you.

What Sainsbury's does or doesn't do is irrelevant. As is the fact that may Brewdog do some good on one hand while doing plenty of bad on the other. I think we can take a little more of a sophisticated view on things than refusing to critique a business because they do some good things.

Would you overlook Nestle's abuses if they paid a living wage? Most likely not. Doing one good thing doesn't absolve you from a litany of bad things. Clearly, Brewdog aren't the worst by any stretch of the imagination. But they really don't deserve some of the fawning praise that I see them get. Neither their product, or their ethics, are that solid.

I broadly agree with everything you've posted here. You stated they're "a business more interested in looking good than genuinely being good" which I disputed on the grounds of how well they pay their staff. I've never said it absolves them of any blame for their dodgier practices.

I'd argue that most won't know they're a Living Wage Employer. I'm sure most on here wouldn't have known it until I said it. So that's genuinely good (not trying to look good). I think most would also agree that all businesses should pay their staff a Real Living Wage.

Let's be honest, Callis hates them because they call themselves punk, and that's what he thinks he is.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:13 - Jan 20 with 423 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:59 - Jan 20 by footers

I wasn't patronising you; I was trying to avoid getting into a debate with you because I can't be arsed to sit here and reply to you for 10 pages.

And here you are doing it again.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:13 - Jan 20 with 422 viewsStokieBlue

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 15:20 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I've really missed travelling within the US this year. There's always something great to eat and drink.

Where we live we have the choice of a local large Co-op style supermarket which is generally pretty crap, or a bit further afield I can go to a Whole Foods. That's twice the price, twice as crowded but does have a far better range of offerings.

Our neighbourhood is stuffed with smaller shops where you can buy any Mexican ingredient you can think if, but we are lacking in butchers, fish mongers, etc. Understandably, as White British blokes aren't the main ethnicity living around here, things aren't set up to cater for my tastes. Still, once a month when I want to make tacos I'm in luck.

Travelling within the US must be one of the major perks of living there. Hopefully everything will be more controlled after today and things will start to look better.

We have a Whole Foods here but I rarely go in it. The local fishmongers, butchers and deli's just have better stuff for about the same price and as you've said, the supermarkets are far better here anyway.

It must be quite interesting to see what new and exciting ingredients are available in the Mexican shops!

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:15 - Jan 20 with 419 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:02 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Where's the line? Is there anyone you wouldn't sell to, knowing they are using what they buy to make themselves richer? Its not as if Trump is ordering a pint of Brewdog in his local. His businesses are using their product to make money.

I really don't think Trump's making money out of Brewdog. Not any significant amount. As someone else posted, the Brewdog for that golf course restaurant will have been bought by a wholesaler/buyer. Brewdog would have had nothing to do with it.

This is really small beans to get upset about.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:17]

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:21 - Jan 20 with 409 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:15 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I really don't think Trump's making money out of Brewdog. Not any significant amount. As someone else posted, the Brewdog for that golf course restaurant will have been bought by a wholesaler/buyer. Brewdog would have had nothing to do with it.

This is really small beans to get upset about.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:17]

I'm not upset. I'm just pointing out that one good act doesn't absolve other sins, and that the way they portray themselves isn't all that accurate.

And with that, I'm oot!

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:21 - Jan 20 with 406 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:13 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

And here you are doing it again.

If you didn't think your initial replies to me, including:

"The PR stunt is the renaming of the airport which is funny and will get them plenty of publicity. Which is the job of PR."

"Well you still don't seem to quite understand it!"

Weren't patronising, then you're even more cloth-eared than I'd thought. And this is exactly why people don't want to debate with you.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:25 - Jan 20 with 399 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:21 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I'm not upset. I'm just pointing out that one good act doesn't absolve other sins, and that the way they portray themselves isn't all that accurate.

And with that, I'm oot!

I don't disagree.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 393 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:21 - Jan 20 by footers

If you didn't think your initial replies to me, including:

"The PR stunt is the renaming of the airport which is funny and will get them plenty of publicity. Which is the job of PR."

"Well you still don't seem to quite understand it!"

Weren't patronising, then you're even more cloth-eared than I'd thought. And this is exactly why people don't want to debate with you.

You started the patronising, not me. Unbunch your panties.

And don't ask why it's excellent PR if you're going to blub when someone gives you the answer.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:28 - Jan 20 with 390 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:27 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

You started the patronising, not me. Unbunch your panties.

And don't ask why it's excellent PR if you're going to blub when someone gives you the answer.

OK, Dolly. You are right, well done.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:30 - Jan 20 with 383 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:28 - Jan 20 by footers

OK, Dolly. You are right, well done.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:33 - Jan 20 with 377 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:30 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I know I said I was oot, but I have to say, this is not excellent PR for the Dolly brand!

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:37 - Jan 20 with 370 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:33 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I know I said I was oot, but I have to say, this is not excellent PR for the Dolly brand!

The Dolly brand is fecked anyway. Any debate I try to have now people just say "ok Dolly, you win." So I might as well just be an arsehole.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:51 - Jan 20 with 356 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:00 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

All i can really say is I expected better of you. You know better!

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:54 - Jan 20 with 353 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:21 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

And with that, I'm oot!

It's a repackaged version of "why should I bother going vegan?" deep down.

Personal responsibility is personal responsibility.

Brewdog has Branson energy, remember where that got us.

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:59 - Jan 20 with 346 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 16:51 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

All i can really say is I expected better of you. You know better!

I've become a cynical old bar steward. The world is fecked. Do what you can to live a nice life, be nice to people, in that order. It's still survival of the fittest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024