Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. 12:15 - Jan 20 with 2883 viewsmonytowbray

Why do people still eat up his PR angles? The whole business is a marketing lie to make you think you’re buying from a forward thinking business.

Greenwashed capitalism, it’s a thing.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:23 - Jan 20 with 1764 viewsStokieBlue

So here is a question:

Whilst Brewdog are far from perfect I am sure everyone can agree, they are a carbon negative company. So which is more important, having annoying PR and an annoying CEO or what is actually achieved such as being carbon negative?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emanuelabarbiroglio/2020/08/25/brewdog-is-officiall

Nobody has to read his Tweets after all whilst being carbon negative benefits everyone.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:25 - Jan 20 with 1744 viewshomer_123

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:23 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

So here is a question:

Whilst Brewdog are far from perfect I am sure everyone can agree, they are a carbon negative company. So which is more important, having annoying PR and an annoying CEO or what is actually achieved such as being carbon negative?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emanuelabarbiroglio/2020/08/25/brewdog-is-officiall

Nobody has to read his Tweets after all whilst being carbon negative benefits everyone.

SB

I'd also go as far as to ask, how many companies are perfect?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:28 - Jan 20 with 1720 viewsGuthrum

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:23 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

So here is a question:

SB

It would be good if they produced some beer which was not disgustingly sour and overpriced. But that's a different issue.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:29 - Jan 20 with 1714 viewsSwansea_Blue

£7.50 for a pint of their draughts! I'll give it a miss.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:33 - Jan 20 with 1689 viewsPinewoodblue

So here is a question:

SB

They also have a share issue coming up. Anyone who purchases 20, or more, shares will get a for life discount of 10% for online purchases or at any of the Brewdog Bars. Will cost you around £500.

Nearest is probably Norwich.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 20 with 1643 viewsmonytowbray

So here is a question:

SB

I don't think whatteraboutery really changes the fact they're a sh1tty business. Being carbon neutral is better than not being carbon neutral but it doesn't give them free reign to lie to sell product.

As someone who works in marketing it grinds my gears. I think the attitude "Well you could do worse' isn't productive to progress.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 12:42]

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:40 - Jan 20 with 1639 viewsitfcjoe

So here is a question:

SB

It's almost impossible to be totally virtuous as a company, they get far more right than they get wrong for me.

An, personally i like their beer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 20 with 1566 viewsStokieBlue

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. (n/t) on 12:40 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

I don't think whatteraboutery really changes the fact they're a sh1tty business. Being carbon neutral is better than not being carbon neutral but it doesn't give them free reign to lie to sell product.

As someone who works in marketing it grinds my gears. I think the attitude "Well you could do worse' isn't productive to progress.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 12:42]

It's not whatteraboutery and I think that's a bit of a cheap shot to be honest.

It's pragmatism.

There are surely far better fights into which you can focus your energy given they aren't perfect but do some decent things. You seem to want everything to be absolutely perfect and I think you'll find it very difficult to find many companies who meet that lofty criteria.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:52 - Jan 20 with 1565 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:40 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

It's almost impossible to be totally virtuous as a company, they get far more right than they get wrong for me.

Stealing ideas via job interviews
Suing other businesses for loose copyright claims on cultural words
Claiming to be indie despite being 22% owned by a US conglomerate

Nah, not for me.

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:53 - Jan 20 with 1554 viewsDanTheMan

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:40 - Jan 20 by itfcjoe

Me too, I quite like them.

And they do the best non-alcoholic ones I've had so far.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. (n/t) on 12:54 - Jan 20 with 1555 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. (n/t) on 12:52 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

It's not whatteraboutery and I think that's a bit of a cheap shot to be honest.

It's pragmatism.

There are surely far better fights into which you can focus your energy given they aren't perfect but do some decent things. You seem to want everything to be absolutely perfect and I think you'll find it very difficult to find many companies who meet that lofty criteria.

SB

You aren't wrong, but people can make the same arguments to forgive Amazon, who yes, are largely a sh1ttier business.

I think I take it more personal seeing as they brand as a "Punk" business and are actually about as Punk as John Lydon selling UKIP branded butter in a MAGA shirt.

I claim cultural appropriation!

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:57 - Jan 20 with 1537 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

So here is a question:

SB

They are also a Real Living Wage employer - which means they pay all their staff and subsidiary staff (i.e. contact cleaners) more than the government's minimum wage.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:00 - Jan 20 with 1513 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I think it's excellent PR. And they ARE a forward thinking business. They were one of the first to be accredited as a Real Living Wage employer.

It's weird that someone who works in SEO thinks badly of marketing, PR and, indeed, capitalism.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:01 - Jan 20 with 1502 viewsSitfcB

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:52 - Jan 20 by monytowbray

Stealing ideas via job interviews
Suing other businesses for loose copyright claims on cultural words
Claiming to be indie despite being 22% owned by a US conglomerate

Nah, not for me.

Don’t think there’s much left ‘for you’ apart from eating and smoking grass.

Miss you on the group chat x
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:01]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:02 - Jan 20 with 1491 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:00 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think it's excellent PR. And they ARE a forward thinking business. They were one of the first to be accredited as a Real Living Wage employer.

It's weird that someone who works in SEO thinks badly of marketing, PR and, indeed, capitalism.

How is it excellent PR to protest against a man you're in business with?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:06 - Jan 20 with 1468 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:02 - Jan 20 by footers

How is it excellent PR to protest against a man you're in business with?

Anyone can buy their beer. The PR stunt is the renaming of the airport which is funny and will get them plenty of publicity. Which is the job of PR. And Callis has actually helped them by sharing this on here, because I had no idea about this stunt.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:07 - Jan 20 with 1457 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:06 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Anyone can buy their beer. The PR stunt is the renaming of the airport which is funny and will get them plenty of publicity. Which is the job of PR. And Callis has actually helped them by sharing this on here, because I had no idea about this stunt.

If they had such strong convictions, then they'd refuse to sell to Trump. The fact that they don't makes this whole exercise contradictory and hollow.

Thank you for explaining how PR works, Dolly. That's very kind of you.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:11 - Jan 20 with 1439 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:07 - Jan 20 by footers

If they had such strong convictions, then they'd refuse to sell to Trump. The fact that they don't makes this whole exercise contradictory and hollow.

Thank you for explaining how PR works, Dolly. That's very kind of you.

Well you still don't seem to quite understand it!

They DON'T have particularly strong convictions against Trump, and haven't claimed to. Most won't notice that Trump buys their beer, but the airport renaming will get noticed. So the job of creating PR will be done.

You think all PR stunts are totally honourable and done with strong convictions?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:13 - Jan 20 with 1426 viewsfooters

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:11 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Well you still don't seem to quite understand it!

They DON'T have particularly strong convictions against Trump, and haven't claimed to. Most won't notice that Trump buys their beer, but the airport renaming will get noticed. So the job of creating PR will be done.

You think all PR stunts are totally honourable and done with strong convictions?

OK, Dolly. You are right, well done.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:24 - Jan 20 with 1379 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:13 - Jan 20 by footers

OK, Dolly. You are right, well done.

No need to get patronising footers. You asked how it's excellent PR and I've explained it.

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:29 - Jan 20 with 1351 viewssnudge27

I would have to question how aware they are/were that Trump's golf course/hotel stocks their beer, and what they can actually do about it.

Do Brewdog still deal with all sales directly, or do they partner with a distributor/distributors? If it's the latter, then I suppose it would be almost impossible to dictate to others who they can and can't sell their product to.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:32 - Jan 20 with 1330 viewsSpruceMoose

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 12:57 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

They are also a Real Living Wage employer - which means they pay all their staff and subsidiary staff (i.e. contact cleaners) more than the government's minimum wage.

I guess they can get around that by, um, not actually employing someone...

https://www.boredpanda.com/brewing-company-fake-interviews-stealing-marketing-id

I'm with Callis here. Overpriced, uninteresting beer produced by a business more interested in looking good than genuinely being good.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:34]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:37 - Jan 20 with 1298 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:00 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think actually, as someone who does this (as do you) it's down to us as a collective to do better. We live in a society who have had a century of being marketed to en masse for the first time in history. It's contributed to waste, material living and worst still a level of green washing from mass polluters and genocide enablers. Granted that's an extreme case vs Brew Dog, but responsibility starts with the businesses rather than forcing consumers to make choices based on emotion over fact (which let's be honest, is much of marketing).

When people lie and BS their customers, it reflects bad on us.

For example, happy children smiling at Haribo when it's just melted down animal bones with no nutritional value. Not a dig BTW, I've had to work on plenty of sh1tty businesses when I was agency side without much say too, visiting Gibraltar for a meeting with a big tax-dodging gambling company was a professional low point. But we shouldn't pretend it's all okay to make ourselves feel better. If more people challenge this stuff, we could build a better world and an industry with less greed-other-ethics chancers.

Bill Hicks nailed it. He ain't wrong.

I will say though. Last year I turned down what would have likely been a 4 figure monthly SEO retainer for a leather brand on principle. And I'm hardly a big earner in comparison to the CEO of a nationally stocked beer franchise.

So if little old freelance SEO me can turn down money on principle, it shouldn't be hard for Brew Dog.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:42]

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:38 - Jan 20 with 1283 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:01 - Jan 20 by SitfcB

Don’t think there’s much left ‘for you’ apart from eating and smoking grass.

Miss you on the group chat x
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 13:01]

I don't eat anything that casts a shadow.

You all need to move over to Signal!

TWTD never forgets…

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:40 - Jan 20 with 1273 viewsmonytowbray

That Br*wD*g CEO fake WOKE tw*t is attention seeking again. on 13:06 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

I also raise awareness of Apple lobbying against the US government to stop doing business with nations committing genocide.

Do you suddenly feel the urge to buy an iPhone?

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024