Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday 12:58 - Jan 20 with 2730 viewsalfie2002

Absolutely buzzing for Saturday now, added two very good players albeit only on loan but the current objective is to get promoted, not bed weak youngsters in! They need to go out on loan, everyone was crying out for Dobra to start and he did for a long string of games and offered very little in my opinion, especially against Swindon. We need proper players with pedigree and better quality for the run in and we’ve done that. Coyb.
Saturday on 14:02 - Jan 20 with 476 viewsdavblue

Saturday on 13:50 - Jan 20 by alfie2002

You don’t hover outside the playoffs with the worst manager in the division, listen his success has been non existent here thus far but he’s got a chance to prove himself the next 3 games, I’m not too hopeful he will but it’s lamberts chance to gloat and I hope he succeeds, if he doesn’t, he must go.

the evidence of the past 27 months suggests that won't happen.

But as always, i'll be more than happy if he proves me wrong.
Saturday on 14:02 - Jan 20 with 479 viewsGarv

Dial down the positivity would you.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Saturday on 14:04 - Jan 20 with 469 viewsMrTown

Partially agree.

I am looking forward to Saturday, although will be throwing my toys out the pram come 5pm I'd imagine.

I'm not sure Harrop and Thomas have pedigree, but I believe they will be a step up on what we have.

I also agree Dobra hasn't done enough, but he is still a kid, needs consistent first team action, needs a loan move I think now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Saturday on 14:07 - Jan 20 with 461 viewsjayessess

Saturday on 14:02 - Jan 20 by Garv

If we win on Saturday I'll be happily positive about that and probably be a lot more optimistic about the rest of the season.

This sort of baseless positivity that ignores everything about the situation we're in is basically the equivalent of the crucifixion scene from the Life of Brian.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Saturday on 14:08 - Jan 20 with 451 viewshomer_123

Saturday on 14:04 - Jan 20 by MrTown

Partially agree.

I am looking forward to Saturday, although will be throwing my toys out the pram come 5pm I'd imagine.

I'm not sure Harrop and Thomas have pedigree, but I believe they will be a step up on what we have.

I also agree Dobra hasn't done enough, but he is still a kid, needs consistent first team action, needs a loan move I think now.

I'll just point out that Dobra got Swindons right back on a yellow early in the first half.

Yet, as a team, instead of feeding the ball out to him to continue having a go at him one on one (knowing he was on a yellow) what did we do? Slowly on ponderously play the ball about giving Swindon time to get more than one player on Dobra.

Just an observation. Sure, he's not pulled any trees up......have Judge, Nolan, Huws et al? The question we need to ask is 'Why?'.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Saturday on 14:23 - Jan 20 with 421 viewsHerbivore

Saturday on 14:08 - Jan 20 by homer_123

I'll just point out that Dobra got Swindons right back on a yellow early in the first half.

Yet, as a team, instead of feeding the ball out to him to continue having a go at him one on one (knowing he was on a yellow) what did we do? Slowly on ponderously play the ball about giving Swindon time to get more than one player on Dobra.

Just an observation. Sure, he's not pulled any trees up......have Judge, Nolan, Huws et al? The question we need to ask is 'Why?'.

I'm struggling to see how Thomas' pace, for example, will be much use when we move the ball so slowly and don't give our quick players any real opportunities to run into space. We have players who are quick and direct but they haven't shone. They aren't bad players, we just aren't set up to get the best out of them. Either we're now going to change how we play - which we could have done without signing anyone - or the likes of Thomas are going to find it challenging to make too much of an impact.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Saturday on 14:24 - Jan 20 with 421 viewsjayessess

Saturday on 14:08 - Jan 20 by homer_123

Dobra's attacking numbers are a touch better than most of our attacking midfielders, I'd say.

Per 90, he creates as many chances (1) as Judge, 3x as many as Sears and Lankester (0.3), slightly more than Edwards (0.8) and five times as often as Bennetts (0.2).
Of that group he's 3rd for dribbling past opponents (0.8 per game, 3rd behind Edwards on 1.3 and Bennetts 1.0). He's joint top with Edwards for getting fouled.

Hasn't got many shots off (2nd bottom, ahead of Lankester) and has been dispossessed way more than any other attacking player (2.8 times per 90, Edwards is closest on 2.1).

Not all good news, certainly, but would indicate he's unlucky to be behind Sears, Lankester and Bennetts in the pecking order.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:34]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Saturday on 14:30 - Jan 20 with 410 viewsHerbivore

Saturday on 14:24 - Jan 20 by jayessess

Dobra's attacking numbers are a touch better than most of our attacking midfielders, I'd say.

Per 90, he creates as many chances (1) as Judge, 3x as many as Sears and Lankester (0.3), slightly more than Edwards (0.8) and five times as often as Bennetts (0.2).
Of that group he's 3rd for dribbling past opponents (0.8 per game, 3rd behind Edwards on 1.3 and Bennetts 1.0). He's joint top with Edwards for getting fouled.

Hasn't got many shots off (2nd bottom, ahead of Lankester) and has been dispossessed way more than any other attacking player (2.8 times per 90, Edwards is closest on 2.1).

Not all good news, certainly, but would indicate he's unlucky to be behind Sears, Lankester and Bennetts in the pecking order.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 14:34]

He played 3 or 4 games in a side desperately out of form having previously not even been getting 20 minutes off the bench on anything like a consistent basis. It's hardly surprising that he's not really shone. He's been shifted about the side in the appearances he's made too, playing ith centrally and wide. Same has happened with Lankester. It's all so muddled and just a bit depressingly crap.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Saturday on 14:56 - Jan 20 with 395 viewshomer_123

Saturday on 14:23 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I'm struggling to see how Thomas' pace, for example, will be much use when we move the ball so slowly and don't give our quick players any real opportunities to run into space. We have players who are quick and direct but they haven't shone. They aren't bad players, we just aren't set up to get the best out of them. Either we're now going to change how we play - which we could have done without signing anyone - or the likes of Thomas are going to find it challenging to make too much of an impact.

It's partly why Jackson has stuggled out wide - by the time we get the ball out to him - the full back is in position and therefore easier to defend against Jackson.

If we can move the ball more quickly, we'll start pulling the opposition out of position and thereby create space for our pacy players to take advantage of.

I asked the other day (not of you) is Lambert about to suddenly change his approach - if he does, then it makes an absolute mockers of all that's gone before this season. Ergo, you're last sentence is likely what will happen ('or the likes of Thomas are going to find it challenging to make too much of an impact[/i.')

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Saturday on 22:11 - Jan 20 with 341 viewsBlueBadger

imagine being happy supporting a team playing terrible football in the third division.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Saturday on 22:36 - Jan 20 with 320 viewsreusersfreekicks

Positivity? Delirium methinks
Saturday on 10:00 - Jan 21 with 254 viewsBlueForYou

Trouble is Lambert will play them out of position & instruct them to pass backwards so they fit in with everyone else. Oh & remember you get fined if heaven forbid you shoot at goal!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024