Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Thomas 13:01 - Jan 20 with 4347 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Very good signing. I'm surprised we did get him.

Style wise he's very similar to Jarrod Bowen - hopefully he chips in with goals like Bowen too.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Luke Thomas on 13:03 - Jan 20 with 3183 viewsTieDyedIn95

Midfield has an upgrade which is excellent - but we still need a couple of better forwards if we're going to start scoring regularly again. Our backline always has a silly mistake in it, so we need to cover for that by being a lot more effective up top. There's no point having 50 midfielders on the books if we don't have any fit forwards up to the job.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Luke Thomas on 13:04 - Jan 20 with 3174 viewscatch74

Sounds like he was looking forward to getting away from Barnsley and playing. If he somehow got involved in a successful promotion push could easily be a permanent in the summer.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Luke Thomas on 13:06 - Jan 20 with 3148 viewsHerbivore

Luke Thomas on 13:03 - Jan 20 by TieDyedIn95

Midfield has an upgrade which is excellent - but we still need a couple of better forwards if we're going to start scoring regularly again. Our backline always has a silly mistake in it, so we need to cover for that by being a lot more effective up top. There's no point having 50 midfielders on the books if we don't have any fit forwards up to the job.

We've got Norwood, Jackson, Hawkins, and Drinan all competing for one spot. I'm not sure we can realistically add a fifth option for the one centre forward role.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Luke Thomas on 13:07 - Jan 20 with 3136 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Luke Thomas on 13:06 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

We've got Norwood, Jackson, Hawkins, and Drinan all competing for one spot. I'm not sure we can realistically add a fifth option for the one centre forward role.

Except that 3 of them don't really score.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Luke Thomas on 13:09 - Jan 20 with 3122 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Luke Thomas on 13:07 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

They don't really get the opportunity to, to be fair.

Hopefully, these two new signings can change that.
Luke Thomas on 13:10 - Jan 20 with 3120 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Luke Thomas on 13:04 - Jan 20 by catch74

Sounds like he was looking forward to getting away from Barnsley and playing. If he somehow got involved in a successful promotion push could easily be a permanent in the summer.

I thought the same about potentially being a permanent deal.

The best case is Barnsley stick with their current manager come the summer so Thomas doesn't fit into the system which makes him available.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Luke Thomas on 13:11 - Jan 20 with 3103 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

His goal-scoring record doesn't inspire too much excitement. Hopefully he'll add a bit of depth to the squad.
Luke Thomas on 13:35 - Jan 20 with 3020 viewsgordon

Signing Hawkins was a big mistake in my opinion, he's nowhere near mobile enough to play on his own up front, and if you just play with one striker that player has to be a proper goal threat.
Login to get fewer ads

Luke Thomas on 13:39 - Jan 20 with 3013 viewsGarv

Danny Rowe's style was similar to Bowen, didn't make him any good sadly.

Excited to see Thomas (and Harrop) though, hopefully this weekend.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Luke Thomas on 13:40 - Jan 20 with 2995 viewsGarv

Luke Thomas on 13:35 - Jan 20 by gordon

Signing Hawkins was a big mistake in my opinion, he's nowhere near mobile enough to play on his own up front, and if you just play with one striker that player has to be a proper goal threat.

I don't imagine he was ever going to play regularly, and probably would have played even fewer minutes if JN and AD had been fit more.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Luke Thomas on 13:54 - Jan 20 with 2936 viewsalfie2002

Luke Thomas on 13:03 - Jan 20 by TieDyedIn95

Should try do another deal with Preston regarding Stockley, Sunderland want him, would be nice to nab another one of their targets, maybe offer Jackson in a straight swap as he won’t be cheap and Jackson does have value albeit not done too much to merit a start this season.
Luke Thomas on 14:00 - Jan 20 with 2911 viewsdavblue

Luke Thomas on 13:35 - Jan 20 by gordon

Not if the team is set up correctly you don't.

Hawkins allows the midfield to get up and support him better than Norwood does. Again though, we don't create chances, no matter who's up front.
Luke Thomas on 14:03 - Jan 20 with 2890 viewsHerbivore

Luke Thomas on 13:54 - Jan 20 by alfie2002

Should try do another deal with Preston regarding Stockley, Sunderland want him, would be nice to nab another one of their targets, maybe offer Jackson in a straight swap as he won’t be cheap and Jackson does have value albeit not done too much to merit a start this season.

This is real life mate, not a game of Football Manager.

Luke Thomas on 14:31 - Jan 20 with 2828 viewsalfie2002

Luke Thomas on 14:03 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

This is real life mate, not a game of Football Manager.

Andy and Stu said this is what this January’s market is like
Luke Thomas on 14:36 - Jan 20 with 2807 viewsbobbyramsey

Luke Thomas on 13:07 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

Do any of them "really" score......?

How many have they got between them this season?
Luke Thomas on 14:41 - Jan 20 with 2791 viewsHerbivore

Luke Thomas on 14:31 - Jan 20 by alfie2002

Andy and Stu said this is what this January’s market is like

Teams are suddenly going to take swap deals that involve them signing players they've shown no interest in?

Luke Thomas on 14:42 - Jan 20 with 2789 viewsbobbyramsey

....and Sears.

Between the lot of them they have managed four league goals this season I think.
Luke Thomas on 14:54 - Jan 20 with 2758 viewsalfie2002

Luke Thomas on 14:41 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

Teams are suddenly going to take swap deals that involve them signing players they've shown no interest in?

It’s only a suggestion, relax.
Luke Thomas on 15:03 - Jan 20 with 2735 viewsHerbivore

Luke Thomas on 14:54 - Jan 20 by alfie2002

It’s only a suggestion, relax.

I reckon we should swap Janoi Donacien for Trent Alexander-Arnold.

Luke Thomas on 15:07 - Jan 20 with 2728 viewstextbackup

non of which have done anything of note this season, that 5th might be the one that actually scores a few goals

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Luke Thomas on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 2709 viewsalfie2002

Luke Thomas on 15:03 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I reckon we should swap Janoi Donacien for Trent Alexander-Arnold.

No need to get lemon mate
Luke Thomas on 15:11 - Jan 20 with 2709 viewsHerbivore

Luke Thomas on 15:07 - Jan 20 by textbackup

non of which have done anything of note this season, that 5th might be the one that actually scores a few goals

How will they do that when we're not creating chances for our centre forwards? I can't believe that people still think what is needed is more players rather than competent management of the players we already have.

Luke Thomas on 16:48 - Jan 20 with 2603 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Luke Thomas on 15:11 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

How will they do that when we're not creating chances for our centre forwards? I can't believe that people still think what is needed is more players rather than competent management of the players we already have.

We aren't going to get that. So our only option is better players.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Luke Thomas on 16:50 - Jan 20 with 2594 viewsHerbivore

Luke Thomas on 16:48 - Jan 20 by The_Flashing_Smile

We aren't going to get that. So our only option is better players.

It won't make any difference. We could stick Cristiano Ronaldo up front and he'd end the season with three goals to his name. Bringing in more players is just throwing good money after bad.

Luke Thomas on 17:01 - Jan 20 with 2551 viewsMonkeyAlan

Will be passing backwards and sideways by the end of the month.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024