Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump supporters on radio 13:38 - Jan 20 with 2230 viewsreusersfreekicks

Honestly!! They still think he won the election.
All the more shockingly they think he is a good man who has their interests at heart! How can sooo many people be conned, it just never ceases to amaze me. The believe his lies and ignore his abuses. Like Germany in the 30s
Trump supporters on radio on 15:04 - Jan 20 with 627 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump supporters on radio on 14:59 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Did you see they were outside Comet protesting again?

Doesn't seem to have gone the way they hoped though:

https://www.washingtonian.com/2021/01/19/conspiracy-theorists-target-comet-ping-

SB

Much like Tommy Robinson and his followers, these folk seem to spend an awful lot of time thinking about children.

If they genuinely care, you'd think that a career in social services might be of more help to children living in dangerous and abusive situations.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump supporters on radio on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 617 viewsSpruceMoose

I wonder if I will get our stimulus check at 12:01pm...

Seriously, when it does come through, to honour Trump and his supporters, a significant wedge of ours will be going to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Planned Parenthood and South Brooklyn Mutual Aid in their name.

The rest will go to Glendronach, Aberlour and Lagavulin in my belly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump supporters on radio on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 621 viewsfactual_blue

Trump supporters on radio on 14:43 - Jan 20 by Guthrum

In 1945, the Germans had the rude awakening of losing a war, invasion and occupation, plus the full revelation of the horrors of the Holocaust. There is no comparable event at the end of Trump's time in the White House to provoke a mental clean break for his devotees.

Psychologically, their only regret is that they "failed". If they are still True Believers in 2021 then nothing has happened to discredit the ideal of Trumpism. Tho there will be some who fall away when the Democrat-communist apocalypse fails to materialise and others who lose interest with the QAnon prophecies not coming to pass.

I suspect MAGA will recede for a time, before returning in a disguised, more mainstream form in a few years.

Sir Ian Kershaw's excellent book The End looks at this.

On hearing of Hitler's death, large scale disassociation from the regime happened almost instantly. 'We never believed Hitler'; 'we were made to become party members because my husband was a school teacher'; 'we were providing food for a Jewish family in hiding' were assertions heard time and again, and almost always untrue.

At best most Germans just went along with Hitler because it was easier, and it was all going well at first.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:12]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trump supporters on radio on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 618 viewsjeera

I have only just noticed the Inauguration is on BBC1 and ITV. It's 2 and a half hours long.

Why is it being covered on both of these main channels?

I'll have to wade through the dozens of other channels of junk just to find something to fill in my schedule.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Trump supporters on radio on 15:12 - Jan 20 with 617 viewsGuthrum

Trump supporters on radio on 15:04 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Much like Tommy Robinson and his followers, these folk seem to spend an awful lot of time thinking about children.

If they genuinely care, you'd think that a career in social services might be of more help to children living in dangerous and abusive situations.

A massively emotive issue, easy to get people riled up about. But also, by its very nature, a covert, underground one for which accurate statistics do not exist, thus undisproveable statements can be freely thrown around. With the added advantage that allegations are very hard to knock down - how do you prove a negative, that you aren't molesting children?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump supporters on radio on 15:14 - Jan 20 with 614 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump supporters on radio on 15:12 - Jan 20 by jeera

I have only just noticed the Inauguration is on BBC1 and ITV. It's 2 and a half hours long.

I'll have to wade through the dozens of other channels of junk just to find something to fill in my schedule.

You mean you aren't enjoying watching such luminaries as Eric Swallwell and Laura Bush get out of Chevrolet 4x4s to wave at a non-existent crowd?

Trump supporters on radio on 15:21 - Jan 20 with 601 viewsfactual_blue

Trump supporters on radio on 15:04 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

They're actually trying to suppress certain feelings and thoughts they have about children.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

ITS SO FRICKIN UNBELIEVABLE on 15:29 - Jan 20 with 596 viewsunstableblue

I heard people on R4... how are so many sucked into the cult of Trump and THE LIE! the lie that he was in anyway capable, or in any way a positive force

See my other post on just how many in the UK are also sucked in

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump supporters on radio on 15:30 - Jan 20 with 593 viewsGuthrum

Trump supporters on radio on 15:12 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

Sir Ian Kershaw's excellent book The End looks at this.

On hearing of Hitler's death, large scale disassociation from the regime happened almost instantly. 'We never believed Hitler'; 'we were made to become party members because my husband was a school teacher'; 'we were providing food for a Jewish family in hiding' were assertions heard time and again, and almost always untrue.

At best most Germans just went along with Hitler because it was easier, and it was all going well at first.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:12]

In the things he was saying, Hitler was not so far different from many of the other hardline right-wing politicians in Germany at that time - vehement anti-communism, Weimar being weak, overthrowing Versailles, rearmament and restoration of "Germany's place in the world". Perhaps more strident in his anti-semitism than many, but on the surface it was only a matter of degree. Plus having a working class wing to his movement, the SA - which, as long as they were under control, only served to widen his appeal.

Trump supporters on radio on 15:44 - Jan 20 with 585 viewsGuthrum

Bomb threat at the US Supreme Court. But, after a search, nothing found.

I'm expecting there to be a certain amount of such sh!thousery as the day goes on.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:48]

Trump supporters on radio on 16:02 - Jan 20 with 571 viewsjeera

Trump supporters on radio on 15:14 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

You mean you aren't enjoying watching such luminaries as Eric Swallwell and Laura Bush get out of Chevrolet 4x4s to wave at a non-existent crowd?

No.

My mum made me laugh. I was just moaning to her over the phone about it and she reasoned that there are quite a lot of Americans living here who will want to keep up with it all.

"Two channels mum, they don't need two channels!"
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:03]

Trump supporters on radio on 16:05 - Jan 20 with 566 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump supporters on radio on 16:02 - Jan 20 by jeera

No.

My mum made me laugh. I was just moaning to her over the phone about it and she reasoned that there are quite a lot of Americans living here who will want to keep up with it all.

More evidence that our special relationship is a sham. Couldn't even watch the Queen's speech at Christmas.

Trump supporters on radio on 16:10 - Jan 20 with 563 viewsjeera

Trump supporters on radio on 16:05 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

More evidence that our special relationship is a sham. Couldn't even watch the Queen's speech at Christmas.

Was that even available at all?

On some Channel 500 or something?

These are our two main channels ffs. Did I mention it's our main channels?

I have turned it on and it's just some people standing around.

Trump supporters on radio on 16:11 - Jan 20 with 563 viewsOldsmoker

Trump supporters on radio on 16:02 - Jan 20 by jeera

No.

Interesting that on the BBC News channel they have their "Breaking News" banner.
The breaking news shown is that Biden is having an Inauguration today.
Well, Duh.

Edit - No Tipping point - bar stewards.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:12]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Trump supporters on radio on 16:15 - Jan 20 with 557 viewsHARRY10

It should be remembered that most Trump supporters think this is actually a documentary about the devil

Trump supporters on radio on 16:40 - Jan 20 with 546 viewsjeera

Trump supporters on radio on 16:11 - Jan 20 by Oldsmoker

Interesting that on the BBC News channel they have their "Breaking News" banner.
The breaking news shown is that Biden is having an Inauguration today.
Well, Duh.

Edit - No Tipping point - bar stewards.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:12]

This is it. No The Chase. Regular teatime viewing has been stomped all over for some foreign muck that can be caught on another channel anyway!

It's on both main flipping channels!

Both. When I was a kid, that would have been 2 thirds of all viewing gone.

The Tomorrow People, everything.

Trump supporters on radio on 16:48 - Jan 20 with 535 viewsHARRY10

Trump supporters on radio on 16:40 - Jan 20 by jeera

This is it. No The Chase. Regular teatime viewing has been stomped all over for some foreign muck that can be caught on another channel anyway!

It's on both main flipping channels!

Both. When I was a kid, that would have been 2 thirds of all viewing gone.

The Tomorrow People, everything.

It should be on the BBC News channel. foir tgoise who enjot a bit if oageantry/

It is not like anything is set to happen that we are not aware of

Even NFL is not so scripted as this.

Would we be seeing this if it was China, India ?

Countries far bigger than the US.
Trump supporters on radio on 16:51 - Jan 20 with 528 viewsjeera

Trump supporters on radio on 16:48 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

It should be on the BBC News channel. foir tgoise who enjot a bit if oageantry/

It is not like anything is set to happen that we are not aware of

Even NFL is not so scripted as this.

Would we be seeing this if it was China, India ?

Countries far bigger than the US.

What's really bugging me is BBC2 - which is where this kind of stuff could be shown, or the reverse if they prefer to use BBC1, (it makes no difference) - is taken up with Bowls.

World Championship Bowls.

Let that fecker sink in.

Trump supporters on radio on 17:49 - Jan 20 with 517 viewseireblue

Trump supporters on radio on 13:46 - Jan 20 by GavTWTD

How do you go about changing their minds?

Hand one of them around 145,000,000 pieces of paper, and ask them to start counting.
Trump supporters on radio on 01:29 - Jan 21 with 461 viewsHARRY10

Trump supporters on radio on 16:51 - Jan 20 by jeera

What's really bugging me is BBC2 - which is where this kind of stuff could be shown, or the reverse if they prefer to use BBC1, (it makes no difference) - is taken up with Bowls.

World Championship Bowls.

Let that fecker sink in.

It could be worse

it could be

World Championship Bowels.
Trump supporters on radio on 10:16 - Jan 21 with 412 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump supporters on radio on 13:46 - Jan 20 by GavTWTD

How do you go about changing their minds?

Difficult when this summed up his Presidency

Trump supporters on radio on 10:18 - Jan 21 with 408 viewsStokieBlue

Trump supporters on radio on 10:16 - Jan 21 by ElderGrizzly

Difficult when this summed up his Presidency

Would be interesting to see how many truthful claims he made, just to highlight the sheer level of deception.

20 a day is pretty impressive though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump supporters on radio on 10:38 - Jan 21 with 399 viewsHalf_Idiot

Trump supporters on radio on 15:12 - Jan 20 by jeera

I was so pissed I couldn't watch Tipping Point and The Chase once I finished work!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024