Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Josh Emmanuel 14:16 - Jan 20 with 3029 viewsCustardCream

Can anybody shed some light on why we let this lad go for free? I never saw him play live but from the little bits I was able to pick up from highlights of games he played, I always thought he had the potential to be a decent player for us. Certainly more so than Kenlock
Josh Emmanuel on 23:41 - Jan 20 with 258 viewschrismakin

He's not that much different to what sort of player he was here

Good in the opposition half, but still suspect at defending.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Josh Emmanuel on 23:59 - Jan 20 with 258 viewsjayessess

Josh Emmanuel on 22:45 - Jan 20 by Garv

JD is a better one on one defender than JE for me, it's a myth that he's crap. Trouble is, beyond that JD doesn't offer enough.

If KVY was fit we wouldn't be having this thread I don't think.

If KVY was fit we'd still only be one bad challenge or one wrong twist away from the exact situation we're in now? We'd also still be asking a 35 year old to play 25 games at left back over just 3 and a bit months.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Josh Emmanuel on 00:46 - Jan 21 with 248 viewsStNeotsBlue

Josh Emmanuel on 18:23 - Jan 20 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I disagree with pretty much every word of this. I argued at the time that JE was worth a run of games and would have no issue with Kenlock having a go instead of Ward. Your implication that race is an issue is nonsense.
Josh Emmanuel on 09:47 - Jan 21 with 181 viewsLeaky

Josh Emmanuel on 14:44 - Jan 20 by Weekender

The same reason we let a number of other youngsters go who have gone on to do well, at the time they weren't good enough. See Nick Pope, Matt Clarke, Jack Marriot, Connor Hourihane.

Some players need to drop down a division or two to get a run in a team that then allows them to improve and realise their potential and move back up again. To say in hindsight we shouldn't have released a player who has gone on to do well fails to consider their level at the time of release.

Yes all well and good however they could have dropped down the divisions and stayed at town
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024