Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife 15:14 - Jan 20 with 3017 viewshomer_123

She informed me that for this evenings dinner we are having pie (chicken, ham and leeks) - fair enough - no problems with that.

I've just nipped down to the kitchen for a mid afternoon cuppa (and a slice of homemade carrot cake) to see her rolling out Jus Roll puff pastry and lay it on top of a dish full of chicken, ham and leeks.

I pointed out to her that, in fact, this means it's not a pie at all - merely a puff pastry topping for a chicken, ham and leek casserole. The best part of any pie is the side and bottom, obviously!

Suffice to say, an argument ensued (one of those ones that escalates all too quickly and you are not sure why or how) - I'm now back in the office upstairs with no tea and wearing some carrot cake.

I'm right though, aren't I - it's not a fecking pie is it!?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:29]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 19:43 - Jan 20 with 214 viewsCBBlue

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 18:23 - Jan 20 by reusersfreekicks

My advice - do your own fecking pie

That's exactly what I'd tell my husband if he was that pedantic about the dinner I was cooking him and I fully endorse the carrot cake assault

She'll be on mumsnet or equivalent bitching about you right now and getting 100% support

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 20:21 - Jan 20 with 198 viewsDarth_Koont

Don’t want to get involved in a domestic.

But here’s a few counters that you can use:

– Oh and I suppose you’re going to bring up Shepherds Pie now? Spare me the waterworks.

– And what about a quiche!!? It’s more pie than you’ll ever be!

– Let’s ask your mother. I’m sure she’s got a strong opinion on the matter.

Pronouns: He/Him

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 20:53 - Jan 20 with 180 viewsSeablu

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 17:09 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

For God sake get a life.

Says the primate who sat down in his vest to watch the inauguration then started grumbling about the inauguration because the inauguration wasn’t what he expected.
Haven’t you got some boll*cks to scratch, a tin of lager to finish and some horse form to study, to tide you over until the chip shop opens?
Lordy, you’ve literally got to organise some neanderthals from dawn to dusk on here...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024