Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife 15:14 - Jan 20 with 2968 viewshomer_123

She informed me that for this evenings dinner we are having pie (chicken, ham and leeks) - fair enough - no problems with that.

I've just nipped down to the kitchen for a mid afternoon cuppa (and a slice of homemade carrot cake) to see her rolling out Jus Roll puff pastry and lay it on top of a dish full of chicken, ham and leeks.

I pointed out to her that, in fact, this means it's not a pie at all - merely a puff pastry topping for a chicken, ham and leek casserole. The best part of any pie is the side and bottom, obviously!

Suffice to say, an argument ensued (one of those ones that escalates all too quickly and you are not sure why or how) - I'm now back in the office upstairs with no tea and wearing some carrot cake.

I'm right though, aren't I - it's not a fecking pie is it!?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 15:29]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:03 - Jan 20 with 1278 viewsSpruceMoose

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:03 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

You've got this one wrong, friend.

Agree to disagree. Don't just dismiss my very real concerns or I'll end up racist.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:04 - Jan 20 with 1277 viewsHerbivore

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:02 - Jan 20 by MedwayTractor

Alternative wording of this pie definition:

Assuming that it lasts long enough to go cold, could you cut a slice & pick it up to eat it out of your hand? If the answer is no, it's not pie.

[I did read another version of this definition, something to do with "could you put a slice of it in your pocket", but that's too messy to contemplate and, besides, I don't much fancy a fluff topping.]

That leaves shepherd's pie as the exception which, in this case, breaks the rule, but then what do you expect from those who spend their working lives out in the fields with just a dog and sheep for company. NFN, I suppose.

Except for cottage pie and fish pie, both of which don't even involve pastry. There's a lot of pie fascism on this thread, next thing we know it'll only be a pie if it's made entirely of Aryian pastry.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:06 - Jan 20 with 1271 viewsHerbivore

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:03 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Agree to disagree. Don't just dismiss my very real concerns or I'll end up racist.

I think it might already be too late. Your full pastry enclosure supremacy is too deeply ingrained for us to even debate it.

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:06 - Jan 20 with 1271 viewsEwan_Oozami

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 15:50 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

What about shepherd's pie, cottage pie, and fish pie?

There's one pie that everyone's missing....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:07 - Jan 20 with 1270 viewsSpruceMoose

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:06 - Jan 20 by Ewan_Oozami

Cream pie?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:07 - Jan 20 with 1269 viewsjeera

No, you are right and she is wrong.

You're a [brave] fool for pointing it out though.

You should have kept quiet and just made the next one yourself, doing it properly, and not said anything, to let the message shine through itself.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:07 - Jan 20 with 1265 viewsSpruceMoose

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:06 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I think it might already be too late. Your full pastry enclosure supremacy is too deeply ingrained for us to even debate it.

Can't believe that your argument boils down to All Pies Matter.

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:08 - Jan 20 with 1263 viewsfooters

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:06 - Jan 20 by Ewan_Oozami

Stargazy? Cherry?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:08 - Jan 20 with 1263 viewsEwan_Oozami

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:07 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Cream pie?

You just had to, didn't you?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:10 - Jan 20 with 1260 viewsEwan_Oozami

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:08 - Jan 20 by footers

Stargazy? Cherry?

Battenberg Pie...

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:11 - Jan 20 with 1251 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 15:26 - Jan 20 by homer_123

It's been mis-sold to me - is there some cheapskate firm of solicitors I can contact?

i guess you should just try some humble pie at this stage of the proceedings.
So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:22 - Jan 20 with 1233 viewsWeWereZombies

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:08 - Jan 20 by footers

Stargazy? Cherry?

Eel pie...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:27 - Jan 20 with 1225 viewsHerbivore

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:07 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Can't believe that your argument boils down to All Pies Matter.

It's interesting to see the left/centre left of the board has gone so authoritarian over pie. Pie and let pie, fam.

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:30 - Jan 20 with 1220 viewsipswich78

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 15:41 - Jan 20 by Metal_Hacker

Plain and simple...it's a stew with a lid

Beat me to it, that's exactly what I was going to call it.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:30 - Jan 20 with 1218 viewsSpruceMoose

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:27 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

It's interesting to see the left/centre left of the board has gone so authoritarian over pie. Pie and let pie, fam.

Pie appropriation is no laughing matter.

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:32 - Jan 20 with 1210 viewsWeWereZombies

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:27 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I call them the 'Carrotshirts'. You wait till they start holding night rallies flanked by torches of flaming gravy.

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:33 - Jan 20 with 1209 viewsHerbivore

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:30 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Pie appropriation is no laughing matter.

Pie culture has always been a broad church. It's welcomed both pastry and potato based followers for centuries. Really worrying to see some hardliners trying to undo all that inclusivity by claiming that theirs is the one true pie.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:33]

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:39 - Jan 20 with 1201 viewsWeWereZombies

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 16:33 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

Pie culture has always been a broad church. It's welcomed both pastry and potato based followers for centuries. Really worrying to see some hardliners trying to undo all that inclusivity by claiming that theirs is the one true pie.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:33]

First they came for the fish pie

And I said nothing

Then they came for the cottage pie

And I said nothing

Then they came for the shepherds pie

And I said nothing

Then they broke wind...

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 17:09 - Jan 20 with 1187 viewsMonkeyAlan

For God sake get a life.
So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 17:14 - Jan 20 with 1183 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Do you have a dog?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 17:14 - Jan 20 with 1183 viewsfooters

There is a pasta equivalent.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 17:19 - Jan 20 with 1172 viewsEwan_Oozami

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 17:14 - Jan 20 by footers

There is a pasta equivalent.

That almost looks like a slice of Battenberg, are you lapsing footers?

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 17:36 - Jan 20 with 1146 viewsBloomBlue

Mary Berry always puts a bottom on hers and I'm going to go with Mary Berry's bottom as the definitive answer.
So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 18:07 - Jan 20 with 1130 viewshoppy

Pecan pie?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So, just had a massive disagreement with the wife on 18:23 - Jan 20 with 1123 viewsreusersfreekicks

My advice - do your own fecking pie
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024