Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( 16:10 - Jan 20 with 848 viewsN2_Blue

Now these two players could be fantastic...but i really don't know much about them.

There used to be a time whenever we made a signing I wanted to read and find out everything about them and i followed every bit of the transfer up until signing. Now i just can't be bothered and have so little interest.

I've only just realised we've signed two players!!

I wish them well in their Town careers even if it is just for a few months, but i just cannot get excited.

Maybe it's because I'm not going to watch them in the flesh and I've zoned out of the current ITFC regime.

But also...when was the last time we actually signed a player that was actually a long-term success. I don't think anything can enthuse me under the current regime.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 16:11]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 16:13 - Jan 20 with 827 viewsSomethingBlue

It's odd isn't it. These are actually two really top signings for League One — no shadow of doubt about it. But it just feels as if we're slinging things together rather than working to any coherent plan, and that will cost us.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 16:26 - Jan 20 with 773 viewsParsley

The fact that they are the type of loan signing that if they do well they'll just go back to their parent clubs at the end of the season is part of it. They sound like good players and should give a short-term boost to the team which may give us a chance. I'll probably watch the game at the weekend now to see how they get on so think it's added a bit of excitement for me, but totally understand where you're coming from.
New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 16:38 - Jan 20 with 746 viewsHARRY10

New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 16:26 - Jan 20 by Parsley

The fact that they are the type of loan signing that if they do well they'll just go back to their parent clubs at the end of the season is part of it. They sound like good players and should give a short-term boost to the team which may give us a chance. I'll probably watch the game at the weekend now to see how they get on so think it's added a bit of excitement for me, but totally understand where you're coming from.

I would like to think they are joining us with a view to making it permanent, but as above I suspect it will be to patch up things instead.

I still think Lambert ius the right man for the job, as I think some on here don't appreciate just how far we have fallen

Around 15 players are out off contract this summer - almost all the first team. So it should be a chance to clear the deck. Get in players who are fully committed to succeeding - and will go that extra mile on and off the pitch

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/kader/verein/677/saison_id/2020/plu
v
New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 16:54 - Jan 20 with 709 viewsParsley

New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 16:38 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

I would like to think they are joining us with a view to making it permanent, but as above I suspect it will be to patch up things instead.

I still think Lambert ius the right man for the job, as I think some on here don't appreciate just how far we have fallen

Around 15 players are out off contract this summer - almost all the first team. So it should be a chance to clear the deck. Get in players who are fully committed to succeeding - and will go that extra mile on and off the pitch

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ipswich-town/kader/verein/677/saison_id/2020/plu
v

I would like to think that as well but I don't see it. Harrop signed for Preston from Man Utd and contracted until 2023, Thomas signed for Barnsley for £1.2m. They're out of our budget unless we get promoted and if we manage to achieve that and they are a big part of that then their clubs may well want them back.

I agree that there will probably be a big change in players over the summer. I really hope Lambert isn't the person to oversee that.
New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 698 viewsN2_Blue

v

Re Lambert...wow really?

Genuinely interested in your reasons based on everything that has happened this season.

I was prepared to give him this season but i genuinely cannot see how anyone can think he is the right man. There is absolutely zero evidence to show that in my opinion.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 692 viewsMonkeyAlan

Because 1, we don't need two more midfielders, we have a team of them. 2, they are not what we need, we need some brutes who can mix it up in this league, we have too many lightweights. 3,they arnt much better than what we have. 4, signings from Preston and Barnsley doesn't get the blood pumping, how far we have fallen and most importantly 5, Evans is a muppet.
New signings - I just don't get excited anymore :( on 17:20 - Jan 20 with 653 viewsNthsuffolkblue

v

Some interesting values on there. I wonder how they work them out. Norwood is the same value as Wright. Ward is valued at £650K, Bennetts at £1.2M!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024