Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier 16:15 - Jan 20 with 9987 viewsIllinoisblue

Come end of season, Norwich will very likely be getting promoted to the premier league for the 4th time in 10 years. Four times! Ffs

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:30 - Jan 20 with 3619 viewsghostofescobar

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:10 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

They are being very smart though. Eventually they will stay in the Prem for a few years and really be able to start to build.

This exactly. Next year or within a couple they will be light years ahead of us by staying in the prem and we will not catch them for a decade or more. There isn't a single thing that we have over them anymore, apart from what happened 40 years or more ago, which has no relevance anymore. ME has no idea how much this hurts the fans It hurts me, anyway, like hell.

GhostOfEscobar

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:31 - Jan 20 with 3626 viewstextbackup

when, and it will, it clicks for them and they stay up instead of yoyo-ing…. that's when we can lock the gates to PR, and say enough is enough

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:33 - Jan 20 with 3619 viewstextbackup

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 16:26 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

There is no magic water in Norwich 0 so what is behind then finding and developing a player like Buendia /

Have they put money into a decent scouting network and coaching ?

What happened to the talk of an aim to have half the squad coming through the academy ? We haven't produced a first team keeper in 15 years.

So where is all the money going ?

they have just signed some greek player on loan, with a view to buy, £6m

they are scouting the world for players, where as for years we go as far as Ireland, for flops

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:38 - Jan 20 with 3607 viewsHerbivore

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 16:26 - Jan 20 by HARRY10

There is no magic water in Norwich 0 so what is behind then finding and developing a player like Buendia /

Have they put money into a decent scouting network and coaching ?

What happened to the talk of an aim to have half the squad coming through the academy ? We haven't produced a first team keeper in 15 years.

So where is all the money going ?

It's going to an incompetent manager currently.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:45 - Jan 20 with 3568 viewscatch74

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:31 - Jan 20 by textbackup

when, and it will, it clicks for them and they stay up instead of yoyo-ing…. that's when we can lock the gates to PR, and say enough is enough

I think we’re a yo yo club, just doing a long walk the dog.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:53 - Jan 20 with 3541 viewscasanovacrow

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 16:23 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

It is a great irony that the man keeping us alive is also the man killing us

Well I guess even parasites have an interest in keeping the host alive
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:57 - Jan 20 with 3517 viewstextbackup

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:45 - Jan 20 by catch74

I think we’re a yo yo club, just doing a long walk the dog.

we broke of the string and have been rolling down the hill away from the owner

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 09:56 - Jan 21 with 3120 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans you Muppet.
Login to get fewer ads

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:05 - Jan 21 with 3109 viewsLeaky

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 18:10 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

They are being very smart though. Eventually they will stay in the Prem for a few years and really be able to start to build.

The problem with the Premier league seems to be, when you think your established. If you then have a bad season followed by relegation the the financial sh*t hits the fan. You only have to look at Bolton & Stoke both were "established "in the Prem. Perhaps being a yoyo team works best WBA tried it quite successfully.
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:16 - Jan 21 with 3075 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ah, but that means they've had 3 relegations whereas we've only had one!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:18 - Jan 21 with 3070 viewsstantheman

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 16:17 - Jan 20 by BlueandTruesince82

And commanding 50 mil foe Buena whilst we watch Downes go for 2 mil if we're lucky

They produced Maddison as well and sold him on for whatever. We have produced or sold on big money players for what is peanuts and reinvested the money on dross or loans.
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:22 - Jan 21 with 3059 viewsSwansea_Blue

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 16:23 - Jan 20 by Illinoisblue

^this. Which completely explains why there are two main viewpoints on him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:32 - Jan 21 with 3041 viewsitfcjoe

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:18 - Jan 21 by stantheman

They produced Maddison as well and sold him on for whatever. We have produced or sold on big money players for what is peanuts and reinvested the money on dross or loans.

They spent £3m on Maddison from Coventry, then sent him on loan - but obviously very good recruitment......but having been in the PL allows that sort of deal to be done

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:38 - Jan 21 with 3026 viewsstantheman

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:32 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

They spent £3m on Maddison from Coventry, then sent him on loan - but obviously very good recruitment......but having been in the PL allows that sort of deal to be done

OK, thought he might have come through their youth system. He must have been young when they bought him.
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 3025 viewsFrankfurtBlue

His money keeps us alive, but his incompetence has undeniably led to our downfall.

If after 13 years of failure, he could only reach the decision to appoint someone competent to run the club on his behalf.
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:41 - Jan 21 with 3021 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Although its crap now, I always like to think everything comes back around. When Evans took over and we thought we were loaded, thought we'd be miles ahead of them whilst they were in league 1, I doubt anyone could've predicted current situation.

As someone mentioned, if they'd have lost to us 2 years ago, Farke would've been sacked, they'd probs be a mid table champ club.

It's crap now but football is weird. My only hope is that the roles reverse someday.

I just dream of a rich owner buying us.
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:48 - Jan 21 with 3004 viewsitfcjoe

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:39 - Jan 21 by FrankfurtBlue

His money keeps us alive, but his incompetence has undeniably led to our downfall.

If after 13 years of failure, he could only reach the decision to appoint someone competent to run the club on his behalf.

THis is the killer isn't it, he's never allowed anyone the authority to run it for him where he just oversees things

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 2643 viewsHARRY10

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:41 - Jan 21 by abracaDOBRA_

Although its crap now, I always like to think everything comes back around. When Evans took over and we thought we were loaded, thought we'd be miles ahead of them whilst they were in league 1, I doubt anyone could've predicted current situation.

As someone mentioned, if they'd have lost to us 2 years ago, Farke would've been sacked, they'd probs be a mid table champ club.

It's crap now but football is weird. My only hope is that the roles reverse someday.

I just dream of a rich owner buying us.

Farke was never going to be sacked, that ius just an urban myth'

He is part of a long term plan, whereby rather than heavily in debt themselves and risk collapsing under the weight of hefty wage and transfer contracts you produce your own players - at a relatively cheap cost.

As I have pointed out and others have (above) I don't think many realise how far we have fallen off field. Both Lambert and Hurst have made the same point. Was it not Milne who talked of having the turnstiles painted - as if routine maintenance was some kind of achievement.

We have drifted pretty much since 2003, deluding ourselves that we simply needed to find the 'right' manager and all would fall into place Hence the castigation of Lambert.

What have they done they we haven't And it is not PL money as the Championship is littered with clubs who gave had the same money but have sunk into mediocrity.
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:42 - Jan 22 with 2639 viewsHerbivore

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:40 - Jan 22 by HARRY10

He is part of a long term plan, whereby rather than heavily in debt themselves and risk collapsing under the weight of hefty wage and transfer contracts you produce your own players - at a relatively cheap cost.

As I have pointed out and others have (above) I don't think many realise how far we have fallen off field. Both Lambert and Hurst have made the same point. Was it not Milne who talked of having the turnstiles painted - as if routine maintenance was some kind of achievement.

We have drifted pretty much since 2003, deluding ourselves that we simply needed to find the 'right' manager and all would fall into place Hence the castigation of Lambert.

What have they done they we haven't And it is not PL money as the Championship is littered with clubs who gave had the same money but have sunk into mediocrity.

Point of order, Lambert gets castigated because he's utterly hopeless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 13:18 - Jan 22 with 2532 viewsitfcjoe

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 10:40 - Jan 22 by HARRY10

Norwich had approached other managers, including Craig Bellamy, so it's hardly an Urban Myth

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 20:02 - Jan 22 with 2333 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 13:18 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

Norwich had approached other managers, including Craig Bellamy, so it's hardly an Urban Myth

Total nonsense. Their sports director knows what he is doing. Do you seriously believe he would offer Bellamy a job? Really?
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 20:05 - Jan 22 with 2325 viewswkj

It is more galling to see how the conspiracy theory of League One suiting Evans more is feeling increasingly like a fact.

Our floundering can never truly be solved without a miracle manager or Evans starting to make his own educated decisions, or someone else that knows football with almost unrivalled control as an MD.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 20:13 - Jan 22 with 2310 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 13:18 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

You really believe that Norwich would offer Bellamy a job?!
https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/how-norwich-city-saved-craig-bellamy-
Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 22:11 - Jan 22 with 2231 viewsTheBoyBlue

The Premier League is more or less the same 26 sides or so that swap around, sometimes going down but then due to parachute payments go back up again. Occasionally teams really balls it up, but Naaaaridge have played the system excellently, to give them their dues.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Galling to think that as we flounder in the 3rd tier on 22:26 - Jan 22 with 2217 viewsTheBoyBlue

Totally agree. Keeping us alive as a business, killing us as a football club. The only hope is that the former will give a platform to the latter being rectified, although it would almost certainly have to be under someone else.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024