Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's 16:52 - Jan 20 with 1351 viewsKeno

but its no Soldiers Song is it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:55 - Jan 20 with 1158 viewsHerbivore

The French and the Italians are smashing their national anthem game, imo. Way better than ours and the Americans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:56 - Jan 20 with 1154 viewsJ2BLUE

Love the American one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:56 - Jan 20 with 1149 viewsfooters

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:55 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

The French and the Italians are smashing their national anthem game, imo. Way better than ours and the Americans.

Agreed. The old USSR one was a bit of a belter too, but in a different way.

This must now be a 'best national anthem' thread.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Loony leftie...... on 16:57 - Jan 20 with 1138 viewsBloots

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:56 - Jan 20 by footers

.....but yes, it was great.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:57 - Jan 20 with 1138 viewsWeWereZombies

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:59 - Jan 20 with 1126 viewslongtimefan

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:56 - Jan 20 by footers

Must admit to liking that one.
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 1118 viewsbournemouthblue

God Save the Queen is pants, no question about it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:05 - Jan 20 with 1094 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:06 - Jan 20 with 1093 viewsChurchman

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:55 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

I like the Russian one best. Listen to that and ones ready to get the T34s rolling.

Our anthem has always been a dirge. With the Italian one I like the way you think it’s finished then it starts up again. The German one is good too.
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:14 - Jan 20 with 1073 viewsPJH

The Dutch national anthem on 17:38 - Jan 20 with 1038 viewsfactual_blue

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:06 - Jan 20 by Churchman

I like the Russian one best. Listen to that and ones ready to get the T34s rolling.

Our anthem has always been a dirge. With the Italian one I like the way you think it’s finished then it starts up again. The German one is good too.

is a 16th-century poem in which William of Orange (ancestor of the one who became William III of England), leader of the revolt against the Spanish, struggles with his loyalty. It is an acrostic poem: the first letter of each stanza spells “Willem van Nassov”, an old variant of Nassau, one of his other titles.

The Spanish national anthem has no words, and footy commentators regularly chide the Spanish team and its fans for not singing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:43 - Jan 20 with 1030 viewsWeWereZombies

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:14 - Jan 20 by PJH

Is that a young Christophe Berra at twenty two seconds?

[edit} In the Amy McDonald video, not playing the pipes...
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 17:47]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 18:53 - Jan 20 with 993 viewsPJH

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:43 - Jan 20 by WeWereZombies

Is that a young Christophe Berra at twenty two seconds?

[edit} In the Amy McDonald video, not playing the pipes...
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 17:47]

Yep, it was from September 2012 according to Youtube.
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 19:02 - Jan 20 with 985 viewsazuremerlangus

Not a good as Liechtenstein's

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 19:07 - Jan 20 with 977 viewssnudge27

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:06 - Jan 20 by Churchman

Talking of the German anthem, the current one is good, but it's not a patch on the old East German one:

And then there's Ireland's Call...

(That key-change!!)
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:08]

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 19:09 - Jan 20 with 969 viewsKeno

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 19:07 - Jan 20 by snudge27

Talking of the German anthem, the current one is good, but it's not a patch on the old East German one:

And then there's Ireland's Call...

(That key-change!!)
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:08]

Huge thumb up for Ireland's Call, although that isnt the National Anthem the song used when the Ireland rugby team place

Begs a question when Ireland is re-unified I wonder which will be the Anthem
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:11]

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 19:22 - Jan 20 with 953 viewsBloomBlue

The New Zealand one is better....

A UPANE! KA UPANE!
Together! All together ...!
Moving in unison like the hairs on our chief's legs

WHITI TE RA!
To sun shines!
To prolong these sunny days of peace.

HI!
Yeah!
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 19:22 - Jan 20 with 952 viewsEireannach_gorm

Amhrán na bhFiann, you philisthine. Its a wonder that Seosamh did not insist on it being played.
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:00 - Jan 20 with 906 viewsronnyd

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 17:00 - Jan 20 by bournemouthblue

God Save the Queen is pants, no question about it

Agree, it's an absolute dirge.
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:02 - Jan 20 with 897 viewsKeno

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 19:22 - Jan 20 by Eireannach_gorm

Amhrán na bhFiann, you philisthine. Its a wonder that Seosamh did not insist on it being played.

I struggle with spelling English god know how I'd cope with gaellic?

How much is it actually used and spoken over there?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:03 - Jan 20 with 895 viewsSwansea_Blue

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 16:57 - Jan 20 by WeWereZombies

Bollox to that dirge. Get your ears around this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:08 - Jan 20 with 887 viewsKeno

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:03 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

Bollox to that dirge. Get your ears around this.

reminds me of an old saying

Wales, a land where 3 million people have the same speech impediment

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:10 - Jan 20 with 885 viewsSwansea_Blue

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:08 - Jan 20 by Keno

reminds me of an old saying

Wales, a land where 3 million people have the same speech impediment

3.3 sheep each though so it's not all bad. Just most of it is bad.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 00:10 - Jan 21 with 831 viewsChurchman

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 21:10 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

3.3 sheep each though so it's not all bad. Just most of it is bad.

In spite of the nervous sheep, the Welsh anthem is fantastic, particularly when belted out by a full, drunk crowd. The Dutch one is a bit solemn but I like it. The Scottish anti English one is an awful dirge, but still better than the national anthem.

England needs its own one. Somebody (might have been Billy Connelly or Jasper Carrott) suggested something to the theme tune to the Archers. I’d go with that. Three Lions maybe? I don’t know. Something cheerful.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 9:01]
US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 06:59 - Jan 21 with 805 viewsKeno

US national anthem is ok and better than the UK's on 00:10 - Jan 21 by Churchman

In spite of the nervous sheep, the Welsh anthem is fantastic, particularly when belted out by a full, drunk crowd. The Dutch one is a bit solemn but I like it. The Scottish anti English one is an awful dirge, but still better than the national anthem.

England needs its own one. Somebody (might have been Billy Connelly or Jasper Carrott) suggested something to the theme tune to the Archers. I’d go with that. Three Lions maybe? I don’t know. Something cheerful.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 9:01]

Jerusalem works well as an "English' national anthem

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024