Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden coming over well. 16:56 - Jan 20 with 9027 viewsjeera

nt

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden coming over well. on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 2761 viewsJ2BLUE

He is but so would most when following Trump.

I like Biden though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Biden coming over well. on 17:00 - Jan 20 with 2762 viewsrgp1

A good speaker I agree but surely both parties in America should pick a younger candidate. Surely people of this age should be enjoying a well earned retirement?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 17:01]
Biden coming over well. on 17:03 - Jan 20 with 2735 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 17:00 - Jan 20 by rgp1

A good speaker I agree but surely both parties in America should pick a younger candidate. Surely people of this age should be enjoying a well earned retirement?

The voters pick the candidate, not the parties. Clearly the American people trend towards old geezers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biden coming over well. on 17:03 - Jan 20 with 2729 viewsChurchman

He is. Mind you, compared to Trump, Keith Harris’ Orville would come over well.

Thank goodness Donald has gone.
Biden coming over well. on 17:05 - Jan 20 with 2717 viewsjeera

You would think, but this is where we are and so far he's saying the right things, with conviction but non-inflammatory.

I really hope he can see through his term, but of course age is not on his side.

More importantly, let's hope his appointment makes way for common sense and common decency.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden coming over well. on 17:07 - Jan 20 with 2682 viewsMonkeyAlan

Do we need this nonsense on for hours on UK tv? On all channels. We don't usually get all that clap trap, just a mention on the main news about it. The tv companies are only there hoping for some unrest to report. Bunch of chancers.
Biden coming over well. on 17:09 - Jan 20 with 2674 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Biden coming over well. on 17:00 - Jan 20 by J2BLUE

He is but so would most when following Trump.

I like Biden though.

Although I get your point, I think following Trump means he has entered into leading a far more polarised country than I can recall and for a very long time. I think that actually makes his job more difficult but he appears speaking with the wisdom needed. He has recognised that talk is cheap and it is action that matters. How to unite such a divided people and lead in justice and fairness is the question.

It is a question for whoever leads here too. Johnson certainly hasn't brought any semblance of greater unity. We are probably less polarised than the US but not a lot less.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Biden coming over well. on 17:11 - Jan 20 with 2656 viewsblueislander

Biden coming over well. on 17:07 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

Do we need this nonsense on for hours on UK tv? On all channels. We don't usually get all that clap trap, just a mention on the main news about it. The tv companies are only there hoping for some unrest to report. Bunch of chancers.

Ceebebees is still on I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Biden coming over well. on 17:11 - Jan 20 with 2657 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Do you really believe yourself?

And if you do, feel free to change channels or even turn your TV off and refrain from commenting on threads about it.

Or of course, it could be that you are doing exactly what you are accusing the media of doing. Not sure where you expect the unrest to come from, though.

Biden coming over well. on 17:12 - Jan 20 with 2651 viewseireblue

TV executives are good eggs really.
Biden coming over well. on 17:16 - Jan 20 with 2621 viewsrgp1

Biden coming over well. on 17:03 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

The voters pick the candidate, not the parties. Clearly the American people trend towards old geezers.

Jimmy Carter is still chugging along at 96! Although too frail and ill to attend apparently.
Biden coming over well. on 17:17 - Jan 20 with 2602 viewsMonkeyAlan

Biden coming over well. on 17:11 - Jan 20 by blueislander

Ceebebees is still on I think.

It's a blo0dy site more interesting than that clap trap.
Biden coming over well. on 17:18 - Jan 20 with 2608 viewsfooters

Biden coming over well. on 17:17 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

It's a blo0dy site more interesting than that clap trap.

Biden's a good egg really.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Biden coming over well. on 17:18 - Jan 20 with 2605 viewsSarge

What else is on? The only thing it’s disrupting is wall to wall 24/7 covid gloom so let it be I say.

Of course, you could just turn it off too.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 17:18]
Biden coming over well. on 17:20 - Jan 20 with 2579 viewsMonkeyAlan

Biden coming over well. on 17:11 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you really believe yourself?

And if you do, feel free to change channels or even turn your TV off and refrain from commenting on threads about it.

Or of course, it could be that you are doing exactly what you are accusing the media of doing. Not sure where you expect the unrest to come from, though.

Course they are. They don't usually give a stuff about this American president cr@p. It's never usually covered like this. They are hoping for a story. Because let's face it, Biden isn't a story.
Biden coming over well. on 17:20 - Jan 20 with 2582 viewsfactual_blue

Nice use of chiasmus, but recycled from a previous speech I think.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biden coming over well. on 17:22 - Jan 20 with 2563 viewsMonkeyAlan

Biden coming over well. on 17:18 - Jan 20 by Sarge

What else is on? The only thing it’s disrupting is wall to wall 24/7 covid gloom so let it be I say.

Of course, you could just turn it off too.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 17:18]

Covid and Trump is all we have heard for months. God knows what the BBC would have to put on if it wasn't for all this.
Biden coming over well. on 17:22 - Jan 20 with 2572 viewsfooters

Biden coming over well. on 17:20 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

Nice use of chiasmus, but recycled from a previous speech I think.

I think that's the quote the loonies will latch onto, thinking it's code for strong arming the nation into communist atheism.

Biden coming over well. on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 2563 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Biden coming over well. on 17:20 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

Course they are. They don't usually give a stuff about this American president cr@p. It's never usually covered like this. They are hoping for a story. Because let's face it, Biden isn't a story.

You are right. Biden is not a story. That is why you are not watching and not commenting.

It is almost like you have too little awareness of yourself to realise.

Biden coming over well. on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 2577 viewsfactual_blue

He took the oath at 11:48, and spent the entire speech kicking trumpy-wumpy.

Excellent use of the time.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biden coming over well. on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 2567 viewsGuthrum

On the other hand, for difficult times, including much division, someone of Biden's vast political experience could perhaps do a better job than another with the energy of youth but less practical understanding, including of cross-party work.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Biden coming over well. on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 2554 viewsfooters

Biden coming over well. on 17:23 - Jan 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

You are right. Biden is not a story. That is why you are not watching and not commenting.

It is almost like you have too little awareness of yourself to realise.

Biden coming over well. on 17:23 - Jan 20 with 2554 viewsSpruceMoose

Blub.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 17:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Biden coming over well. on 17:24 - Jan 20 with 2540 viewsSpruceMoose

This is good. It'll really upset all right people.

Biden coming over well. on 17:25 - Jan 20 with 2533 viewsblueislander

Biden coming over well. on 17:20 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

You are wrong. Previous US inaugurations have received the same coverage on UK TV.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024