Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden coming over well. 16:56 - Jan 20 with 9162 viewsjeera

nt

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden coming over well. on 19:11 - Jan 20 with 536 viewslowhouseblue

Biden coming over well. on 19:01 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

You're a lost cause if you genuinely think those opposing what happened at the Capitol are some kind of equivalent to the extremists hunting for Pence and Pelosi in order to hang them.

I'm sure you can cope with opposing views when it's not your privileged White neck with a policeman's knee on it. It's entirely academic to you.

If you're going to conduct thought experiments at least deploy a little thought.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:03]

i've been discussing political debate and the fact that you need to engage with arguments that you disagree with (however great your certainty that you are right).

what happened at the capitol was a violent assault, an attempted coup and an attack on democracy. i've condemned it on here lots of times. the violent assault on congress was not an 'argument' - it didn't involve any element of debate.

trying to conflate the two issues is pretty thick.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Biden coming over well. on 19:13 - Jan 20 with 539 viewsfactual_blue

When he does come over here (age and covid permitting), you can guarantee he'll get a bedroom at Buck House, unlike his predecessor.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biden coming over well. on 19:17 - Jan 20 with 513 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:11 - Jan 20 by lowhouseblue

i've been discussing political debate and the fact that you need to engage with arguments that you disagree with (however great your certainty that you are right).

what happened at the capitol was a violent assault, an attempted coup and an attack on democracy. i've condemned it on here lots of times. the violent assault on congress was not an 'argument' - it didn't involve any element of debate.

I don't think you actually understand what you're talking about. Rather amusing for you to call me thick though. The fact that you don't understand the link between the arguments the right have been advancing over the last four years (arguments you advocate treating with respect) and what happened at the Capitol is the truly, hilariously thick thing here.

For someone without any positions, you sure have a lot of opinions.

Stop wasting my time.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:18]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biden coming over well. on 19:24 - Jan 20 with 500 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:13 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

When he does come over here (age and covid permitting), you can guarantee he'll get a bedroom at Buck House, unlike his predecessor.

Can't blame them not wanting to extend an invite to Trump. His fake tan would gave ruined the bedsheets.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Biden coming over well. on 19:24 - Jan 20 with 497 viewsjeera

Biden coming over well. on 19:11 - Jan 20 by lowhouseblue

But those idiots who stormed the Capitol did so because of their opinions.

By the logic that everyone should be listened to and have their views treated with respect would include these tosspots and the reasons they were driven to behave the way they did.

They've had their say for four years, and their views have been found wanting.

Sometimes, people and their disgusting views just need shutting down.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:25]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden coming over well. on 19:26 - Jan 20 with 489 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:24 - Jan 20 by jeera

By the logic that everyone should be listened to and have their views treated with respect would include these tosspots and the reasons they were driven to behave the way they did.

It's understandable really. It could be a very persuasive argument to a certain type of sheltered older white bloke in a comfy Suffolk location where all of these struggles are very remote and entirely academic. Lowhouse has absolutely no skin in the game, so it's a no risk move for him to smugly lecture others about tolerance.

Biden coming over well. on 19:29 - Jan 20 with 482 viewslowhouseblue

Biden coming over well. on 19:17 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I don't think you actually understand what you're talking about. Rather amusing for you to call me thick though. The fact that you don't understand the link between the arguments the right have been advancing over the last four years (arguments you advocate treating with respect) and what happened at the Capitol is the truly, hilariously thick thing here.

For someone without any positions, you sure have a lot of opinions.

Stop wasting my time.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:18]

again, your attempt to use the invasion of the capitol to justify declaring that a whole range of arguments are beyond the pale, 'the arguments of the right', is pretty slippery. i've read enough of your stuff to know that the people you routinely want to silence include any one who supported brexit, anyone who voted tory, anyone who has a different view on social policy to you. none of those people were involved in the invasion of the capital. it's just intolerance on an industrial scale.

but i agree, encouraging you to acquire some self-awareness is a waste of time. so you just keep shouting at your 'them'.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Biden coming over well. on 19:32 - Jan 20 with 480 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:29 - Jan 20 by lowhouseblue

again, your attempt to use the invasion of the capitol to justify declaring that a whole range of arguments are beyond the pale, 'the arguments of the right', is pretty slippery. i've read enough of your stuff to know that the people you routinely want to silence include any one who supported brexit, anyone who voted tory, anyone who has a different view on social policy to you. none of those people were involved in the invasion of the capital. it's just intolerance on an industrial scale.

but i agree, encouraging you to acquire some self-awareness is a waste of time. so you just keep shouting at your 'them'.

Ah I see we've reached the part of your performance where you invent arguments to throw yourself against. Cringe.

Login to get fewer ads

Biden coming over well. on 19:33 - Jan 20 with 478 viewsfooters

Biden coming over well. on 19:32 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Ah I see we've reached the part of your performance where you invent arguments to throw yourself against. Cringe.

I think lowhouse was being intolerant of your views, to be honest. Not a very grown-up way to debate at all.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:34]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Biden coming over well. on 19:34 - Jan 20 with 469 viewslowhouseblue

Biden coming over well. on 19:24 - Jan 20 by jeera

those idiots who invaded the capitol broke the law and are going to gaol.

criminality by those thugs is not a reason to refuse to engage with a whole range of arguments that you disagree with but are put forward by people who haven't broken the law.

70+ million people voted for trump. if you want a democrat to succeed biden you need to do more than 'shut them down'.

Biden coming over well. on 19:38 - Jan 20 with 460 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:34 - Jan 20 by lowhouseblue

those idiots who invaded the capitol broke the law and are going to gaol.

criminality by those thugs is not a reason to refuse to engage with a whole range of arguments that you disagree with but are put forward by people who haven't broken the law.

70+ million people voted for trump. if you want a democrat to succeed biden you need to do more than 'shut them down'.

More strawmanning.

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't engage with others. I think you've lost your own point now. Easy to do when you don't really have one I suppose.

Stop inventing things about subjects you know little about.

Not a good look for you.

Biden coming over well. on 19:40 - Jan 20 with 457 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:33 - Jan 20 by footers

I think lowhouse was being intolerant of your views, to be honest. Not a very grown-up way to debate at all.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:34]

I think he's demonstrating that he's as thick as two short planks here, if I'm being honest. He won't be upset by that though. He's very respectful of other opinions.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:41]

Biden coming over well. on 19:40 - Jan 20 with 452 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:26 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

It's understandable really. It could be a very persuasive argument to a certain type of sheltered older white bloke in a comfy Suffolk location where all of these struggles are very remote and entirely academic. Lowhouse has absolutely no skin in the game, so it's a no risk move for him to smugly lecture others about tolerance.

Hi Paz! Don't be shy, chip in!
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:45]

Biden coming over well. on 19:46 - Jan 20 with 427 viewsfactual_blue

Biden coming over well. on 19:24 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Can't blame them not wanting to extend an invite to Trump. His fake tan would gave ruined the bedsheets.

They planned ahead and made sure there renovations going on in Buck House. trumpy's gophers even demanded to know what renovations were being done and where, but the Palace are pretty cunning when it comes to that sort of subtle snub.

Fanta Man had to slum it at the US Ambassador's pad in Regent's Park.

Or possibly in a cage at London Zoo: I forget which.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biden coming over well. on 19:48 - Jan 20 with 416 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:46 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

They planned ahead and made sure there renovations going on in Buck House. trumpy's gophers even demanded to know what renovations were being done and where, but the Palace are pretty cunning when it comes to that sort of subtle snub.

Fanta Man had to slum it at the US Ambassador's pad in Regent's Park.

Or possibly in a cage at London Zoo: I forget which.

Those poor zoo keepers.

Biden coming over well. on 19:48 - Jan 20 with 412 viewslowhouseblue

Biden coming over well. on 19:38 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

More strawmanning.

Nobody is saying that people shouldn't engage with others. I think you've lost your own point now. Easy to do when you don't really have one I suppose.

Stop inventing things about subjects you know little about.

Not a good look for you.

if people read your stuff they can form their own opinion. but if they can find an example of you engaging reasonably with someone you disagree with i'd be amazed.

Biden coming over well. on 19:48 - Jan 20 with 411 viewssolemio

Biden coming over well. on 17:07 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

Do we need this nonsense on for hours on UK tv? On all channels. We don't usually get all that clap trap, just a mention on the main news about it. The tv companies are only there hoping for some unrest to report. Bunch of chancers.

BBC2 isn't a channel? I thought I watched Pointless while the Pres thing was going on.
Biden coming over well. on 19:49 - Jan 20 with 399 views26_Paz

Biden coming over well. on 19:48 - Jan 20 by lowhouseblue

if people read your stuff they can form their own opinion. but if they can find an example of you engaging reasonably with someone you disagree with i'd be amazed.

They won’t be able to because he is incapable of that.

The Paz Man

Biden coming over well. on 19:51 - Jan 20 with 395 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:48 - Jan 20 by lowhouseblue

Like you say, people can read. Luckily on this thread they can read you making up things I've said to try and win an argument.

You're a weird fella.

Biden coming over well. on 19:53 - Jan 20 with 388 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:49 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

They won’t be able to because he is incapable of that.

The hunt for a mate goes on I see.

I'm glad you're here actually. You're the perfect example of why lowhouse's theory doesn't work.

You're a bigot who doesn't read, research or respond to evidence. It's a total waste of time and energy to debate you. Easier to just label you an idiot and move on.

Biden coming over well. on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 375 views26_Paz

Biden coming over well. on 19:53 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

The hunt for a mate goes on I see.

I'm glad you're here actually. You're the perfect example of why lowhouse's theory doesn't work.

You're a bigot who doesn't read, research or respond to evidence. It's a total waste of time and energy to debate you. Easier to just label you an idiot and move on.

And you wonder why I call you nasty.

The Paz Man

Biden coming over well. on 19:55 - Jan 20 with 378 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:55 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

And you wonder why I call you nasty.

I don't wonder why at all.

It's because you're an idiot.

Biden coming over well. on 19:59 - Jan 20 with 358 views26_Paz

Biden coming over well. on 19:55 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I don't wonder why at all.

It's because you're an idiot.

There really is no need for the levels of hostility you bring to this place. It’s a bit sad really.

The Paz Man

Biden coming over well. on 20:02 - Jan 20 with 354 viewsfooters

Biden coming over well. on 19:59 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

There really is no need for the levels of hostility you bring to this place. It’s a bit sad really.

It's a shame you don't feel the same way about our government.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Biden coming over well. on 20:02 - Jan 20 with 351 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 19:59 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

I'm sure others will be chipping in below to defend you mate!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024