Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden coming over well. 16:56 - Jan 20 with 9182 viewsjeera

nt

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden coming over well. on 20:04 - Jan 20 with 856 viewssolemio

Biden coming over well. on 19:46 - Jan 20 by factual_blue

They planned ahead and made sure there renovations going on in Buck House. trumpy's gophers even demanded to know what renovations were being done and where, but the Palace are pretty cunning when it comes to that sort of subtle snub.

Fanta Man had to slum it at the US Ambassador's pad in Regent's Park.

Or possibly in a cage at London Zoo: I forget which.

Serious question, honest. Does the US Ambassador not live in the Embassy? Or has the Embassy moved? Or have I got wrong where the US Embassy is?
Biden coming over well. on 20:08 - Jan 20 with 837 viewsgiant_stow

Biden coming over well. on 20:04 - Jan 20 by solemio

Serious question, honest. Does the US Ambassador not live in the Embassy? Or has the Embassy moved? Or have I got wrong where the US Embassy is?

They built a new fortress come embassy in vauxhall that jsut opened. I think the ambassador has a huge pad overlooking regents Park (one of those Nash designed buildings I think)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Biden coming over well. on 20:10 - Jan 20 with 814 views26_Paz

Biden coming over well. on 20:02 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I'm sure others will be chipping in below to defend you mate!

They won’t because this forum is heavy left leaning. In addition to that you have stoked up vast amounts of anti Paz feeling amongst your comrades.

The Paz Man

Biden coming over well. on 20:16 - Jan 20 with 804 viewsSeablu

Biden coming over well. on 20:10 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

They won’t because this forum is heavy left leaning. In addition to that you have stoked up vast amounts of anti Paz feeling amongst your comrades.

You’ve stoked that up yourself by being an obnoxious, self-interested & spoilt little child who chimes in with little or no knowledge on any given topic.
Keep doing it though, I enjoy watching you crash and burn time after time.
Biden coming over well. on 20:16 - Jan 20 with 803 viewsSpruceMoose

Sure. THAT'S the reason why they won't assist you, Sir!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biden coming over well. on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 775 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Did you think Joe Biden came over well in his speech at the inauguration?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Biden coming over well. on 20:25 - Jan 20 with 765 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 20:25 - Jan 20 by StochesStotasBlewe

Go easy on the lad. He was a Trump fan. Can't be an easy day for him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Biden coming over well. on 20:35 - Jan 20 with 730 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Biden coming over well. on 20:25 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Go easy on the lad. He was a Trump fan. Can't be an easy day for him.

Perhaps he hasn't seen it, though i suspect your statement is nearer the truth.

Rather good i thought, calm, measured and with a degree of hope for the populace. A nice change from the previous incumbent.

Hell of a job on his and the Democrats hands. Do you think he will have much succes in bringing the States to some sort of togetherness or are the divisions already too deep?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Login to get fewer ads

Biden coming over well. on 20:37 - Jan 20 with 725 viewsDinDjarin

I'm not sure he ever comes across well but the bench mark has been set so low.

He's not a natural speaker thats for sure.
Biden coming over well. on 20:41 - Jan 20 with 722 viewsSwansea_Blue

Biden coming over well. on 17:07 - Jan 20 by MonkeyAlan

Do we need this nonsense on for hours on UK tv? On all channels. We don't usually get all that clap trap, just a mention on the main news about it. The tv companies are only there hoping for some unrest to report. Bunch of chancers.

^^^Who said Brexiteers wanted a Global Britain. Arf! They barely think beyond their county boundary.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Biden coming over well. on 20:41 - Jan 20 with 722 viewsjeera

Biden coming over well. on 20:37 - Jan 20 by DinDjarin

I'm not sure he ever comes across well but the bench mark has been set so low.

He's not a natural speaker thats for sure.

"I'm not sure he ever comes across well."

Seriously? Did you not listen to him today?

He openly and succinctly addressed many issues that have plagued the US the past few years, without being over bold or rude. That was refreshing in itself.

I honestly cannot see how anyone could have listened to the man today and felt short-changed.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden coming over well. on 20:43 - Jan 20 with 712 views26_Paz

Accidental down vote, apologies.
I didn’t watch it.

The Paz Man

Biden coming over well. on 20:44 - Jan 20 with 713 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 20:35 - Jan 20 by StochesStotasBlewe

Perhaps he hasn't seen it, though i suspect your statement is nearer the truth.

Rather good i thought, calm, measured and with a degree of hope for the populace. A nice change from the previous incumbent.

Hell of a job on his and the Democrats hands. Do you think he will have much succes in bringing the States to some sort of togetherness or are the divisions already too deep?

I think gravity of US government pulls in a certain direction and there will be a huge appetite among those involved to get back to 'normal' after the last four years. I think there will be a democratic honeymoon period where people enjoy not having a president like Trump.

The speech today is a good example. Calm thoughtful words well spoken. That'll appeal to a lot of moderates and the all tired, frightened Covid ravaged people. I also liked what I heard. He's obviously a massive upgrade on Trump, and he's presented an acceptable point from which we can begin rebuilding.

But at some point words will need to be followed up with action, and sooner or later the progressive wing of the party will start to exert their influence on policy. It'll be interesting to see if they can make much headway against moderate government inertia.

As for the MAGA loons, lord knows. I'm on the record as thinking a massive number of people are lost to reason and may well end up splitting the Republican party in two. They're as much a GOP problem as they are a Biden problem to solve.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 20:46]

Biden coming over well. on 20:45 - Jan 20 with 708 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 20:43 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

Accidental down vote, apologies.
I didn’t watch it.

What do you have to offer this thread then? Did you just fancy another public tantrum? What's the point in downvoting posts about something you've not seen? You just wanted my attention didn't you?

Biden coming over well. on 20:48 - Jan 20 with 695 views26_Paz

Biden coming over well. on 20:45 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

What do you have to offer this thread then? Did you just fancy another public tantrum? What's the point in downvoting posts about something you've not seen? You just wanted my attention didn't you?

I didn’t comment about the inauguration speech. I commented on your style of ‘debate’ which is applicable whatever it is you are ‘debating’.

The Paz Man

Biden coming over well. on 20:50 - Jan 20 with 694 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 20:48 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

I didn’t comment about the inauguration speech. I commented on your style of ‘debate’ which is applicable whatever it is you are ‘debating’.

So the attention and tantrum option then, yeah?

Biden coming over well. (n/t) on 21:01 - Jan 20 with 667 views26_Paz

Biden coming over well. on 20:50 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

So the attention and tantrum option then, yeah?

This post has been edited by an administrator

The Paz Man

Biden coming over well. on 21:02 - Jan 20 with 664 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. (n/t) on 21:01 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

Calling me a cretin seems a bit, well, abusive does it not?
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 21:03]

Biden coming over well. on 21:04 - Jan 20 with 655 viewsHerbivore

Biden coming over well. (n/t) on 21:01 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

That's not very polite, no need to be abusive.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Biden coming over well. on 21:06 - Jan 20 with 647 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 21:04 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

That's not very polite, no need to be abusive.

That mask has fallen off again. He'll be calling me a tank topped bumboy next.

Biden coming over well. on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 623 viewsHerbivore

Biden coming over well. on 21:06 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

That mask has fallen off again. He'll be calling me a tank topped bumboy next.

He seems to have entered the thread solely to look for trouble and to throw abuse at you. Real shame, not the kind of behaviour anyone wants to see.

Biden coming over well. on 21:21 - Jan 20 with 620 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 21:19 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

He seems to have entered the thread solely to look for trouble and to throw abuse at you. Real shame, not the kind of behaviour anyone wants to see.

I did consider reporting him for abuse.

It's what Paz would want.

Biden coming over well. on 21:23 - Jan 20 with 617 viewsHerbivore

Biden coming over well. on 21:21 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I did consider reporting him for abuse.

It's what Paz would want.

It's certainly what he would have done in the same situation.

Biden coming over well. on 21:26 - Jan 20 with 609 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Biden coming over well. on 20:44 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

I think gravity of US government pulls in a certain direction and there will be a huge appetite among those involved to get back to 'normal' after the last four years. I think there will be a democratic honeymoon period where people enjoy not having a president like Trump.

The speech today is a good example. Calm thoughtful words well spoken. That'll appeal to a lot of moderates and the all tired, frightened Covid ravaged people. I also liked what I heard. He's obviously a massive upgrade on Trump, and he's presented an acceptable point from which we can begin rebuilding.

But at some point words will need to be followed up with action, and sooner or later the progressive wing of the party will start to exert their influence on policy. It'll be interesting to see if they can make much headway against moderate government inertia.

As for the MAGA loons, lord knows. I'm on the record as thinking a massive number of people are lost to reason and may well end up splitting the Republican party in two. They're as much a GOP problem as they are a Biden problem to solve.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 20:46]

Thanks. Fair points.
My cousins one in NJ and the other in Seattle were both firmly in the Biden camp this election, having previously been Republican voters. Both were disgusted by Trumps behaviour and in time had enough of the divisive nature of his presidency.
Hope enough progress is made and patience is given to the new administration to begin to implement the policies needed to bring about the changes required. The stimulus plan and rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement are a good start.
Good Luck.

Biden coming over well. on 21:26 - Jan 20 with 608 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 21:23 - Jan 20 by Herbivore

It's certainly what he would have done in the same situation.

I'd hate to be responsible for Paz being banned though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024