Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biden coming over well. 16:56 - Jan 20 with 9181 viewsjeera

nt

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Biden coming over well. on 23:36 - Jan 20 with 1943 viewsjaykay

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Biden coming over well. on 23:36 - Jan 20 with 1951 viewsBlueBadger

Biden coming over well. on 22:27 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

If ‘cretin’ is the new bar for what constitutes abuse then I welcome these tighter policies and look forward to their ongoing application.

Should he have called you a 'bum boy' or a 'picanniny' instead?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Biden coming over well. on 23:40 - Jan 20 with 1943 viewsSpruceMoose

Biden coming over well. on 23:34 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Christ no!!!

We’d have endless threads arguing over who was the better shag.

Did you and Darth/Dolly/Callis decide a winner yet?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Biden coming over well. on 23:49 - Jan 20 with 1925 viewsfactual_blue

Biden coming over well. on 18:47 - Jan 20 by jaykay

He is supposedly a cousin to the musical Carter family, i.e. Johnny Cash's in-laws.

But this is Georgia, they are all cousins.

Sadly it wasn't mentioned that this rather splendid version of Georgia On My Mind was recorded for the Carter campaign in '76

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biden coming over well. on 00:01 - Jan 21 with 1919 viewsSeablu

Biden coming over well. on 23:34 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Christ no!!!

We’d have endless threads arguing over who was the better shag.

The bloke who posted ad-infinitum on anti-semitism now finds it a bit of a giggle, because someone from his side of the swamp condones homophobia and a different type of racism.
I presume you don’t want to dump too close to your own nesting ground.
Biden coming over well. on 00:14 - Jan 21 with 1897 viewsfactual_blue

Biden coming over well. on 22:01 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Glad to see admin taking a tough line on needless abuse. Thanks Phil/Gav.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 22:01]

You, you .....DUNCE

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Biden coming over well. on 01:36 - Jan 21 with 1881 viewsHARRY10

Trump is to donate his entire collection of books to the state - and it will be known as the Trump Legacy Library

two of the books have already been coloured in, the other one hasn't
Biden coming over well. on 07:42 - Jan 21 with 1842 viewsvapour_trail

Talks a lot about god.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

Biden coming over well. on 09:01 - Jan 21 with 1781 viewsGlasgowBlue

Biden coming over well. on 23:40 - Jan 20 by SpruceMoose

Did you and Darth/Dolly/Callis decide a winner yet?

Dolly declared himself the winner and after 10 pages I “bid him goodnight”.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Biden coming over well. on 09:51 - Jan 21 with 1746 viewsBlueForYou

Whilst its VERY welcome to see a bit of decency at last, whatever Biden might be, he is not a public speaker. He drones on & on & on in monotones, even Bill Clinton could be seen dozing off in the background. If they can somehow manage to keep his speeches shortened & highlighted then he should do OK.
Biden coming over well. on 10:14 - Jan 21 with 1722 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Biden coming over well. on 09:01 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

Dolly declared himself the winner and after 10 pages I “bid him goodnight”.

The truth is you spoke soooo long explaining why you were the best, including showing loads of pictures I'd already seen countless times before, that I fell asleep.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Biden coming over well. on 10:18 - Jan 21 with 1714 viewsblueislander

Biden coming over well. on 09:51 - Jan 21 by BlueForYou

Whilst its VERY welcome to see a bit of decency at last, whatever Biden might be, he is not a public speaker. He drones on & on & on in monotones, even Bill Clinton could be seen dozing off in the background. If they can somehow manage to keep his speeches shortened & highlighted then he should do OK.

Listen to the inauguration speech again, and you will see that it was far from monotone. It was very well nuanced ; a mixture of quiet reflection , and fervent optimism.
Biden coming over well. on 10:20 - Jan 21 with 1708 viewsSwansea_Blue

Biden coming over well. on 10:14 - Jan 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

The truth is you spoke soooo long explaining why you were the best, including showing loads of pictures I'd already seen countless times before, that I fell asleep.

Glassers and Doly sitting in a tree,
K--I--S--S--I--N--G!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Biden coming over well. on 10:29 - Jan 21 with 1697 viewsTJS

Usual American Exceptionalist quasi-religious claptrap if you ask me - it never changes whoever is president.
I find it amazing that even quite progressive people in America still buy into this.
Biden coming over well. on 11:16 - Jan 21 with 1671 viewsvapour_trail

Biden coming over well. on 10:29 - Jan 21 by TJS

Usual American Exceptionalist quasi-religious claptrap if you ask me - it never changes whoever is president.
I find it amazing that even quite progressive people in America still buy into this.

Yeah I wouldn’t disagree.

I think there’s a desperation to have something better than Trump, but that shouldn’t be at the cost of proper scrutiny.

You could have put the Swedish Chef behind the podium yesterday and he’d have made more sense than Trump.

Biden coming over well. on 11:25 - Jan 21 with 1650 viewsPhilTWTD

Biden coming over well. on 22:10 - Jan 20 by 26_Paz

They’ve deleted me calling you ‘a cretin’ but left in you calling me ‘an idiot’ twice. Interesting.

Someone reported your post, no one reported the ones you mention. If we don't know they're there, we can't do anything about them.
Biden coming over well. on 11:31 - Jan 21 with 1627 viewsjaykay

Biden coming over well. on 09:51 - Jan 21 by BlueForYou

that's the trouble today, people keep saying we don't want sound bite Politian's , a kinder politics etc. then people come on moaning about his manner of speaking. not what he stands for. it's the same in this country , taking the mickey of how someone looks and dresses [ michael foot] how someone eats a bacon sandwich [ed miliband] not what they stand for

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Biden coming over well. on 11:33 - Jan 21 with 1623 viewsLankHenners

Biden coming over well. on 11:16 - Jan 21 by vapour_trail

I think there’s a desperation to have something better than Trump, but that shouldn’t be at the cost of proper scrutiny.

You could have put the Swedish Chef behind the podium yesterday and he’d have made more sense than Trump.

Bit of a d-list Obama speech I thought - had vaguely the right sentiment but packed full of meaningless, substance-less sentences.

This was always one of the (less immediate) problems with Trump - his obnoxiousness and vileness set the bar for acceptance so low that what would ordinarily be a very bland centre-right president is being hailed as a progressive force destined to transform the country.

Probably not a bad thing to have someone bringing a sense of calm but awareness of who he's replacing aside, I can't really see the excitement myself.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Biden coming over well. on 11:38 - Jan 21 with 1613 viewsgiant_stow

Biden coming over well. on 11:33 - Jan 21 by LankHenners

Bit of a d-list Obama speech I thought - had vaguely the right sentiment but packed full of meaningless, substance-less sentences.

This was always one of the (less immediate) problems with Trump - his obnoxiousness and vileness set the bar for acceptance so low that what would ordinarily be a very bland centre-right president is being hailed as a progressive force destined to transform the country.

Probably not a bad thing to have someone bringing a sense of calm but awareness of who he's replacing aside, I can't really see the excitement myself.

I liked his promise to consider all americans while in power - very simple, probably dull and predictable, but important all the same.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Biden coming over well. on 12:13 - Jan 21 with 1584 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Biden coming over well. on 11:16 - Jan 21 by vapour_trail

Is there anyone suggesting it will be at the cost of proper scrutiny?

I'd have thought any American president will be properly scruted.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Biden coming over well. on 12:19 - Jan 21 with 1563 viewsvapour_trail

Biden coming over well. on 11:38 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

I liked his promise to consider all americans while in power - very simple, probably dull and predictable, but important all the same.

Johnson did that. It means fck all.

Biden coming over well. on 12:21 - Jan 21 with 1548 viewsfooters

Biden coming over well. on 12:19 - Jan 21 by vapour_trail

Theresa May's one about fighting burning injustices was another good'un. Anyone know how far she got with that?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Biden coming over well. on 12:29 - Jan 21 with 1530 viewsjeera

Biden coming over well. on 12:19 - Jan 21 by vapour_trail

This is what people want to see though surely.

Immediate action on some key matters:

Rejoining the Paris Agreement.
Undoing the ban on Muslims.
Buying time for people who have been struggling to pay rent and getting evicted throughout the pandemic.

Among others of course. There is a lot of damage to undo and the intention appears to be there.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/01/20/1016454/biden-executive-orders-techn

Biden coming over well. on 12:43 - Jan 21 with 1505 viewsTJS

Biden coming over well. on 12:29 - Jan 21 by jeera

This is what people want to see though surely.

Immediate action on some key matters:

Rejoining the Paris Agreement.
Undoing the ban on Muslims.
Buying time for people who have been struggling to pay rent and getting evicted throughout the pandemic.

Among others of course. There is a lot of damage to undo and the intention appears to be there.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/01/20/1016454/biden-executive-orders-techn

Yes I agree immediate action on those matters was needed.
However that is just moving back to the position any sane leader in the western world (including Boris) is already taking.

At least he didn't copy and paste his speech directly from Neil Kinnock like he did once before as well.
Biden coming over well. on 12:46 - Jan 21 with 1502 viewsjeera

Biden coming over well. on 12:43 - Jan 21 by TJS

Yes I agree immediate action on those matters was needed.
However that is just moving back to the position any sane leader in the western world (including Boris) is already taking.

At least he didn't copy and paste his speech directly from Neil Kinnock like he did once before as well.

Yes and it is normality and sanity that is needed more than ever right now.

That's the point.

Boris? What are you on about?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024