Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. 19:20 - Jan 20 with 4824 views66notout

I see the current, contrasting status of Norwich and Town is being given another airing tonight and has become a regular topic on here, leading to widespread views on how the chasm has become so wide.
It’s simple really. Their majority shareholders, Delia and hubby Michael, want the very best for their club and have learned valuable lessons along the way, which in turn have contributed to the enduring feel-good factor at Carrow Road and put them on good terms with the bank manager.
The jury remains out on what our majority shareholder is actually still doing here when he has overseen more than 13 years of terminal decline.
Oh yes, Holly’s message having met ME - “smoke and mirrors”. ‘Nuff said.
Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:24 - Jan 20 with 4751 viewstextbackup

there cant be a single town fan that doesn't hold him firmly responsible for this fck up..... there are other factors that come into it..... but the lot falls flat at his feet. and with covid smashing his "Better" businesses to bits, its not going to ever get any better
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:25]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:40 - Jan 20 with 4654 viewschrismakin

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:24 - Jan 20 by textbackup

there cant be a single town fan that doesn't hold him firmly responsible for this fck up..... there are other factors that come into it..... but the lot falls flat at his feet. and with covid smashing his "Better" businesses to bits, its not going to ever get any better

Quite simply. He thought he'd be owner for about 3 years before selling up as a prem side and getting a big return on investment

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:44 - Jan 20 with 4626 views66notout

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:40 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

Quite simply. He thought he'd be owner for about 3 years before selling up as a prem side and getting a big return on investment

Agreed, but no one seems to be able to explain why he continues with the sh*t storm. In other words, what’s in it for him?
Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:02 - Jan 20 with 4527 viewschrismakin

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:44 - Jan 20 by 66notout

Agreed, but no one seems to be able to explain why he continues with the sh*t storm. In other words, what’s in it for him?

Cant walk away if no one wants it

Plus. The debt is owed to his group so I'm sure hes sitting on it waiting for someone to pay some of that debt off. Something which you wont get unless you're in the prem.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:04 - Jan 20 with 4484 viewsJ2BLUE

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:44 - Jan 20 by 66notout

At this point it can only be ego.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:07 - Jan 20 with 4485 viewsjayessess

I'm not sure it's that deep, to be honest. They were in much the same hole as we were in August 2018. It just happened that they'd appointed a manger who would eventually come good and we appointed 2 terrible managers on the trot. Subsequently the parachute payments have now put them in the position where they should be winning that league.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:29 - Jan 20 with 4336 viewsArnieM

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:07 - Jan 20 by jayessess

I'm not sure it's that deep, to be honest. They were in much the same hole as we were in August 2018. It just happened that they'd appointed a manger who would eventually come good and we appointed 2 terrible managers on the trot. Subsequently the parachute payments have now put them in the position where they should be winning that league.

Exactly. What is it now, something £500m in less than 7 years gone into ncfc, for what is essentially an expensive championship outfit. The gulf is purely down to Sky money . Nothing else.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:34 - Jan 20 with 4302 viewsdavblue

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:29 - Jan 20 by ArnieM

Exactly. What is it now, something £500m in less than 7 years gone into ncfc, for what is essentially an expensive championship outfit. The gulf is purely down to Sky money . Nothing else.

Webber is a smart cookie, think you are massively under selling him.

He's running that club and they are a damn sight better for it.
Login to get fewer ads

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:49 - Jan 20 with 4216 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:54 - Jan 20 with 4181 viewsHARRY10

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:29 - Jan 20 by ArnieM

That is just plain daft.

if the TV money was that influential alone why have so many relegated clubs not bounced straight back, with a guaranteed promotion ? Most of the TV money goes out of those club in wages. Then similarly when relegated. Along with staged transfer fee payments.

The gap is one of mismanagement on our part. An indifferent owner appointing non football folk to run the club. Maybe appointing Lambert has altered that mindset.

If it hasn't, and we are still stuck with a very short term 'plan' then the slide will only continue
Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:56 - Jan 20 with 4174 viewsSwansea_Blue

Delia & co have actually learned. How odd, I can't see that catching on here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:59 - Jan 20 with 4155 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:49 - Jan 20 by BryanPlug

Joint owner of Sumaridge Estate Wines according to google. Probably keeps Delia topped up.

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 21:00 - Jan 20 with 4137 viewsBryanPlug

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:59 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

Joint owner of Sumaridge Estate Wines according to google. Probably keeps Delia topped up.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 22:03 - Jan 20 with 3947 viewsRegencyBlue

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:24 - Jan 20 by textbackup

Oh there are, unbelievable as that may seem!
Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 23:32 - Jan 20 with 3728 viewsBlueBadger

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 19:40 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

Trouble is, he placed all all his eggs in Roy's basket.

Ah, Roy. The first manager of the Evans era who was better at PR than he was managing.
You'd have thought we'd have learnt our lesson when Lambert came in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 01:29 - Jan 21 with 3619 viewsmonytowbray

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:02 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

Cant walk away if no one wants it

Plus. The debt is owed to his group so I'm sure hes sitting on it waiting for someone to pay some of that debt off. Something which you wont get unless you're in the prem.

Sorry but we need to let go of the “no one will buy it” stuff.

Marcus could give it away tomorrow if he wanted and I expect the moment he said that ears would shoot up.

In fact I’m amazed he hasn’t done that already. It’s stupidity in a business sense. Just let it go, write it up as a bad investment and focus efforts elsewhere. Like most smart businesses do on every scale, an £8k bad investment and an £80m bad investment can be relatively the same depending on income/assets. Just because it sounds like a lot of money to me and you it doesn’t mean Evans cares or has a lot to lose giving up.

I think my biggest challenge is no one seems to really speak about Evans behind closed doors. The whole thing is just sketch to me. As someone else said, what does he gain? Is he just going to pointlessly bleed out another few mill over and over until the day he dies?

I should add, we’ve all learned the hard way in recent years what people with money are like IRL and having a lot doesn’t always mean intelligence as much as it does luck and ruthlessness.

WWE’s Vince MacMahon is a good example of this - so many bad investments over the years. CM Punk nailed it when he said of Vince...

“He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he's not a billionaire? It's because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical yes-men.”

We may just be owned by the closest thing football has to Trump or Johnson. But we don’t know that as he personally never speaks outside of pre-approved and/or scripted interviews. On the spot he may just be a blubbering mess or egomaniac.

Who knows? I’m gutted these days. I’ve finally fell out of love with ITFC. It’s gonna take something to get me back. I’ve learned ITFC is an abusive relationship - they’ll love bomb you for a few months and then let you down at the first hurdle the minute you think they’ve changed.

W*nkers. All of them. I can’t think of a single player or member of staff who strikes me as genuinely wanting to be there RN, and we know that one doesn’t sit with Evans.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 1:40]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 03:06 - Jan 21 with 3575 viewschrismakin

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/09/ipswichtown.championship#commen

ME had 1 thing in mind and now he's bugered

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 06:36 - Jan 21 with 3457 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 21:00 - Jan 20 by BryanPlug

Her and her husband sold Marketform for a significant amount of money - tens of millions. Very successful in their own right.
Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 09:36 - Jan 21 with 3181 viewsRadlett_blue

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 20:59 - Jan 20 by Swansea_Blue

From what I've seen in my encounters with Holly, it's more likely to keep herself topped up & cut out the middle man.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 09:48 - Jan 21 with 3137 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans you Muppet.
Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 10:27 - Jan 21 with 3058 viewsPendejo

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 03:06 - Jan 21 by chrismakin

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/jan/09/ipswichtown.championship#commen

ME had 1 thing in mind and now he's bugered

Interesting that the other club mentioned, Coventry, fell further, are homeless... Yet are now a league above us.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 10:36 - Jan 21 with 3046 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 01:29 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

Sorry but we need to let go of the “no one will buy it” stuff.

Marcus could give it away tomorrow if he wanted and I expect the moment he said that ears would shoot up.

In fact I’m amazed he hasn’t done that already. It’s stupidity in a business sense. Just let it go, write it up as a bad investment and focus efforts elsewhere. Like most smart businesses do on every scale, an £8k bad investment and an £80m bad investment can be relatively the same depending on income/assets. Just because it sounds like a lot of money to me and you it doesn’t mean Evans cares or has a lot to lose giving up.

I think my biggest challenge is no one seems to really speak about Evans behind closed doors. The whole thing is just sketch to me. As someone else said, what does he gain? Is he just going to pointlessly bleed out another few mill over and over until the day he dies?

I should add, we’ve all learned the hard way in recent years what people with money are like IRL and having a lot doesn’t always mean intelligence as much as it does luck and ruthlessness.

WWE’s Vince MacMahon is a good example of this - so many bad investments over the years. CM Punk nailed it when he said of Vince...

“He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he's not a billionaire? It's because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical yes-men.”

We may just be owned by the closest thing football has to Trump or Johnson. But we don’t know that as he personally never speaks outside of pre-approved and/or scripted interviews. On the spot he may just be a blubbering mess or egomaniac.

Who knows? I’m gutted these days. I’ve finally fell out of love with ITFC. It’s gonna take something to get me back. I’ve learned ITFC is an abusive relationship - they’ll love bomb you for a few months and then let you down at the first hurdle the minute you think they’ve changed.

W*nkers. All of them. I can’t think of a single player or member of staff who strikes me as genuinely wanting to be there RN, and we know that one doesn’t sit with Evans.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 1:40]

The best argument against nobody else buying us are the loads of takeovers that have happened to clubs of all sizes since ME has owned us. That doesn't mean it would be easy to find a good replacement of course (especially based on evidence of how badly we've found new managers...). But it's certainly far more likely that someone would want to buy us than not.

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 11:06 - Jan 21 with 2986 viewsPinewoodblue

Can’t forget Holly Bellingham’s words soon after the Marcus Evans takeover.. on 23:32 - Jan 20 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, he placed all all his eggs in Roy's basket.

Ah, Roy. The first manager of the Evans era who was better at PR than he was managing.
You'd have thought we'd have learnt our lesson when Lambert came in.

But Roy didn’t get the last egg he wanted, Brenda. Rodgers as assistant manager. In reality it was what Roy didn’t get that really mattered.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024