Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I join the Covid stazi today? 08:21 - Jan 21 with 1140 viewsbluelagos

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-nine-police-officers-who-had-breakfast-toget

Outrageous, should be setting an example, irresponsible etc. etc.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:24 - Jan 21 with 1105 viewsDanTheMan

I note that didn't give themselves the £10,000 fine straight away.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:32 - Jan 21 with 1075 viewsStokieBlue

This sounds a bit worrying, they think they are ahead of the pillar 2 data so I guess we will see over the next few days.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/21/covid-cases-may-have-stopped-falli

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:38 - Jan 21 with 1053 viewsbluelagos

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:32 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

This sounds a bit worrying, they think they are ahead of the pillar 2 data so I guess we will see over the next few days.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/21/covid-cases-may-have-stopped-falli

SB

I read that ealier, not encouraging.

Although with my glass half full glasses on, it suggests the new variant may explain the geographical differences. Namely it is now spreading nationally (which is bad, clearly) but that the SE and London are seeing smalls steps in the right direction.

And with 300k+ daily vaccines, we are on target. So some light at the end of a very long tunnel is my take on it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:43 - Jan 21 with 1037 viewsSwansea_Blue

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:24 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

How come they get a £200 fine and students were getting £10k?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:58 - Jan 21 with 999 viewsfactual_blue

You can only join if you spell Stasi correctly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 09:03 - Jan 21 with 979 viewsGlasgowBlue

I assume it was these chaps.

The bloke is guaranteed to be caught speeding a few times in the near future.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 9:05]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 09:08 - Jan 21 with 954 viewsghostofescobar

I bet "IT manager Brian Jennings" suddenly gets pulled over for minor driving infringements a lot in the future!

GhostOfEscobar

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 09:51 - Jan 21 with 867 viewsPendejo

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:24 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

It'd be the cafe that's subject to £10k fine wouldn't it? It the "hosts" of lockdown gatherings that get hit hardest.

As work colleagues had this happened within the walls of their station no-one would have said anything.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 09:53 - Jan 21 with 863 viewsgiant_stow

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 09:03 - Jan 21 by GlasgowBlue

I assume it was these chaps.

The bloke is guaranteed to be caught speeding a few times in the near future.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 9:05]

funny, but a bit smart-arsy. His card will definately be marked.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 09:59 - Jan 21 with 855 viewsSteve_M

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 08:38 - Jan 21 by bluelagos

I read that ealier, not encouraging.

Although with my glass half full glasses on, it suggests the new variant may explain the geographical differences. Namely it is now spreading nationally (which is bad, clearly) but that the SE and London are seeing smalls steps in the right direction.

And with 300k+ daily vaccines, we are on target. So some light at the end of a very long tunnel is my take on it.

I think given the way the survey was conducted, its' a comparison with late November and the first week of December, then it is still very likely that the actual trend is as on the graph below. Cases are higher than early December but still falling.

I should have written this post earlier but good to see other people thinking the same way.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 10:03 - Jan 21 with 845 viewsDanTheMan

I'd love to have seen the full video, I want to hear the end of the excuse starting with "we work hard."

I didn't realise we could go out for meals if we were hard working.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 10:04 - Jan 21 with 841 viewsStokieBlue

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 09:59 - Jan 21 by Steve_M

I think given the way the survey was conducted, its' a comparison with late November and the first week of December, then it is still very likely that the actual trend is as on the graph below. Cases are higher than early December but still falling.

I should have written this post earlier but good to see other people thinking the same way.

Thanks for posting. It does seem odd to use a linear model when a number of data points are missing.

I notice in the comments a few are using it to try and say there shouldn't be a lockdown now and there shouldn't have ever been one.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 10:11 - Jan 21 with 815 viewsSteve_M

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 10:04 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

Thanks for posting. It does seem odd to use a linear model when a number of data points are missing.

I notice in the comments a few are using it to try and say there shouldn't be a lockdown now and there shouldn't have ever been one.

SB

Particularly when the missing weeks covered the loosening of restrictions at the start of December, the tightening two weeks later, Christmas mingling plus the further tightening that followed Christmas.

Those people will still be trying to claim lockdowns don't work forever more. At least those of my extended family who were regularly posting on Facebook about unnecessary restrictions in the Autumn are not too far down the rabbit hole to still be doing so now.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 10:39 - Jan 21 with 784 viewsitfcjoe

Can I join the Covid stazi today? on 10:11 - Jan 21 by Steve_M

Particularly when the missing weeks covered the loosening of restrictions at the start of December, the tightening two weeks later, Christmas mingling plus the further tightening that followed Christmas.

Those people will still be trying to claim lockdowns don't work forever more. At least those of my extended family who were regularly posting on Facebook about unnecessary restrictions in the Autumn are not too far down the rabbit hole to still be doing so now.

I think if they are local to this area it is because people are dying here now so hard to avoid.

Just since Saturday the following have all died:
my wife's Grandad
one of my employees Uncle
my sister in law's boss' Mum
my sister in law's best friend's Grandad
my wife's friends Nan
one of my Mum's friends

As well as an employee's wife being in hospital for 4 days, my wife's Uncle being so ill he thought he'd die and lost 2 stone, ditto our structural engineer.

That's off the top of my head, but when we were having previous lockdowns, it was truly a case round here of not knowing anyone who had had it badly, had been in hospital or had died.

Whilst it shouldn't have taken that for some people to wake up, when it become's more real and local it does do so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024