Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy 10:12 - Jan 21 with 1268 viewsElderGrizzly

International organisations such as the Centre for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) in the US; and the European Medicines Agency (EMA) have advised that the vaccination schedules, as defined from the published peer reviewed studies from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna (the other mRNA vaccine), should be followed (respectively 1/22 day and 1/29 day first/second dose vaccinations). [5] The German and US governments have recently stated that they do not intend to delay the second covid-19 vaccine shot and Pfizer and Moderna do not support the delay strategy.
BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:26 - Jan 21 with 1187 viewsBlueBadger

Who'd have thought that the British government ignoring scientific guidance and evidence would result in sub-optimal pandemic response?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:28 - Jan 21 with 1181 viewsJakeITFC

It seems like a fairly obvious fix to use up the Pfizer jab on first second dosages and use the Oxford one on giving first dosages to as many people as quickly as possible doesn't it?

Presumably can't be that many people who have had 1x Pfizer jab and are now outside of the 22 day window in which they received the first?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 10:31]
BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:31 - Jan 21 with 1157 viewsSwansea_Blue

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:26 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Who'd have thought that the British government ignoring scientific guidance and evidence would result in sub-optimal pandemic response?

I could see the logic in splitting the doses based on the reasoning at the time, but if it's now becoming clear it's suboptimal let's hope they review that decision. Trouble is, it's the only thing where they've been able to bleat about world-leading, so I suspect politically they'll be resistant to change.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:31 - Jan 21 with 1156 viewsBlueBadger

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:28 - Jan 21 by JakeITFC

It seems like a fairly obvious fix to use up the Pfizer jab on first second dosages and use the Oxford one on giving first dosages to as many people as quickly as possible doesn't it?

Presumably can't be that many people who have had 1x Pfizer jab and are now outside of the 22 day window in which they received the first?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 10:31]

Well, there's several thousand frontline healthcare staff. but nobody really high risk..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 1141 viewsJakeITFC

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:31 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Well, there's several thousand frontline healthcare staff. but nobody really high risk..

Yup, so not many people - the point is one of numbers of vaccines remaining to rectify the problem, not the importance of the people receiving them.
BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 1139 viewsSwansea_Blue

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:31 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

For god's sake man, you've already had your claps. HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU WANT?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 12:04 - Jan 21 with 1039 viewsPinewoodblue

Worth noting that Suffolk Federation of GP’s book your two jabs 56-63 days apart, something of a half way house.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 12:08 - Jan 21 with 1031 viewshype313

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:26 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

It's because Tony Blair said this was how they should roll out the vaccine, and as we know, he is the messiah to the Tories, what he says goes.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:55 - Jan 23 with 816 viewsElderGrizzly

BMA Stepping it up this morning

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 11:11 - Jan 23 with 768 viewspointofblue

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 10:55 - Jan 23 by ElderGrizzly

BMA Stepping it up this morning

Is this the government’s call or are they taking the lead from SAGE? If the former I doubt speaking to Chris Whitty will help; it’s not like he’s been listened to before until it’s too late.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 20:16 - Jan 23 with 670 viewsElderGrizzly

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 11:11 - Jan 23 by pointofblue

Is this the government’s call or are they taking the lead from SAGE? If the former I doubt speaking to Chris Whitty will help; it’s not like he’s been listened to before until it’s too late.

Another petition from leading doctors this evening, plus ‘normal’ media is starting to turn up the hear.

Pfizer boss quoted again as not to exceed 4 weeks and the WHO have said the same for Pfizer or risk mutations on a larger scale
BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 20:26 - Jan 23 with 631 viewsTrequartista

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 20:16 - Jan 23 by ElderGrizzly

Another petition from leading doctors this evening, plus ‘normal’ media is starting to turn up the hear.

Pfizer boss quoted again as not to exceed 4 weeks and the WHO have said the same for Pfizer or risk mutations on a larger scale

France are looking to extend the gap from 3 weeks to 6. I think i'd feel more comfortable at 6 for the Pfizer but that will probably cost lives. It's a tough call.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 20:55 - Jan 23 with 600 viewsJ2BLUE

My nan had the Oxford vaccine this morning. I was very pleased she got that one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BMJ article now calling for urgent change to Pfizer dose strategy on 11:42 - Jan 24 with 532 viewsGlasgowBlue

Interesting article in the Guardian that counters your argument.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/23/vaccine-experts-defend-uk-decision

Also worth noting that this narrative you are pushing that this is the Johnson government going it alone is also a fake one. This strategy has been agreed by the Chief Medical Officers if all 4 home nations with the support of their respective governments.

Do you honestly believe Sturgeon or the Welsh Labour leader in Wakes is on board with Johnson if they didn’t believe that this was the best way to save lives, taking into account this new variant?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024