Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment 10:55 - Jan 21 with 8649 viewsSomethingBlue

What's that, five of his last six tweets either attacking Labour or trying to whip up a culture war that I don't imagine for one moment the people of Ipswich are interested in. Slightly more important things going on. Surely people aren't going to stand for his quite obvious attempts to drip poison and foment division in the town he was parachuted into and cares nothing for.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:41 - Jan 21 with 1460 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:37 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

Oh dear. That’s so way off the mark.

There are only a few Corbyn “lovers” on here and even then, from my perspective at least, the love is based on his policies. He seems a decent, hardworking and principled man though, certainly as politicians go.

The real elites all live in ex-council terraces, while the true freedom fighters are the millionaires, stockbrokers and hedge fund managers.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:43 - Jan 21 with 1452 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:37 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

Oh dear. That’s so way off the mark.

There are only a few Corbyn “lovers” on here and even then, from my perspective at least, the love is based on his policies. He seems a decent, hardworking and principled man though, certainly as politicians go.

On the other hand, there are certainly a couple of posters on here with jizz splattered posters of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage fixed to their bedroom wall.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:47 - Jan 21 with 1436 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:39 - Jan 21 by footers

You'd have thought several steep recessions and a global pandemic would have spurred people to take a more collectivist outlook. But no, it's only made people more insular, selfish and agrressive to 'others'. It's really sad to see but it's the reality of British politics right now.

Not just British politics!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:50 - Jan 21 with 1419 viewsDarth_Koont

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:39 - Jan 21 by footers

You'd have thought several steep recessions and a global pandemic would have spurred people to take a more collectivist outlook. But no, it's only made people more insular, selfish and agrressive to 'others'. It's really sad to see but it's the reality of British politics right now.

‘Fraid so.

Unfortunately and unbelievably this looks like continuing rightwards with the significant investment in new right wing TV and radio that was already heavily right-leaning. And a quite ridiculous and authoritarian approach to the new BBC topdogs (and Tory lapdogs). The proposal of Paul Dacre as head of Ofcom is a sick joke too.

With politicians across the spectrum playing on identity issues, rather than addressing the real structural and economic issues, this doesn’t bode well.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:51]

Pronouns: He/Him

I was joking, obviously..... on 14:50 - Jan 21 with 1415 viewsBloots

Stop bickering, you couple of plums. (n/t) on 14:35 - Jan 21 by footers

.....some people take themselves far too seriously.

The massive fannies.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 15:18 - Jan 21 with 1370 viewsBlueBadger

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:20 - Jan 21 by Manchesterblue

Dont bother having an opinion on here, they all love Corbyn

You forgot to say 'balls' and 'rule Britannia'. Good work on remembering to mention the Dear Leader, though.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I was joking, obviously..... on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 1310 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was joking, obviously..... on 14:50 - Jan 21 by Bloots

.....some people take themselves far too seriously.

The massive fannies.

Good name for a band that. The Massive Fannies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 20:38 - Jan 21 with 1237 viewsSeablu

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:36 - Jan 21 by jeera

" they all love Corbyn."

Are you 10?

These ‘new posters’ are multiplying like amoebas at the moment.
I’m not sure they can cope with the single brain cell division though.
Each new incarnation is halving the IQ and we’re not dealing in high numbers to start with.
It’s like a pyramid scheme in stupidity.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 11:26 - Jan 22 with 1122 viewsmonytowbray

I think MPs should be banned from public platforms in this way.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-mp-tom-hunt-universal-credit-column-6

Nonsense.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:21 - Jan 22 with 1072 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 11:26 - Jan 22 by monytowbray

I think MPs should be banned from public platforms in this way.

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/ipswich-mp-tom-hunt-universal-credit-column-6

Nonsense.

I actually tweeted back to the paper about that, it's supposed to be a newspaper, not a blog

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:59 - Jan 22 with 1036 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:21 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

I actually tweeted back to the paper about that, it's supposed to be a newspaper, not a blog

Exactly, if they want to run the story perhaps getting a journalist who works at the paper to fact check his words and get an opposing opinion alongside it would help.

Sadly local news is reliant on income and the Tories know full well it benefits them in terms of paid placements of client journalism.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:52 - Jan 26 with 896 viewssoupytwist

Just switched on BBC's Daily Politics to see that Mr Hunt is on the panel. Joy.
Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:54 - Jan 26 with 893 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:52 - Jan 26 by soupytwist

Just switched on BBC's Daily Politics to see that Mr Hunt is on the panel. Joy.

He has blocked me on Twitter for politely wondering whether a culture war nobody actively wants is more important to him than looking after his constituents in a pandemic. That answered the question fairly well.

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:17 - Jan 26 with 846 viewssoupytwist

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:54 - Jan 26 by SomethingBlue

He has blocked me on Twitter for politely wondering whether a culture war nobody actively wants is more important to him than looking after his constituents in a pandemic. That answered the question fairly well.

Only caught the last ten minutes or so but he did say that all teachers could be vaccinated by the end of February and schools back to normal as a result.

He's using the government line which appears to be equating having had one jab with being vaccinated. The other guest (Chris Brunt, not the West Brom player) basically told him that given the need to give a second jab to those who have already had one means he's talking rubbish.
Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:47 - Jan 26 with 816 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:54 - Jan 26 by SomethingBlue

I thought it a decent tweet from yourself - he's only got soundbites and jingoism to fall back on. No talent.

By the look of things, he was on quite a blocking mission over the weekend too and aiming to get his twitter feed much like his sycophantic facebook feed.

Freedom of speech...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:49 - Jan 26 with 812 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:47 - Jan 26 by artsbossbeard

I thought it a decent tweet from yourself - he's only got soundbites and jingoism to fall back on. No talent.

By the look of things, he was on quite a blocking mission over the weekend too and aiming to get his twitter feed much like his sycophantic facebook feed.

Freedom of speech...

Any Crusader Ian updates, or is he still sobbing into his stars and stripes flag since his boy Donny got bounced?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:51 - Jan 26 with 806 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:47 - Jan 26 by artsbossbeard

Freedom of speech...

He's a disgrace and there are still plenty of ways to call him out, fortunately. I do hope there's some sort of strong grassroots opposition in Ipswich though, because it's going to be needed.

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:54 - Jan 26 with 798 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:49 - Jan 26 by SpruceMoose

Any Crusader Ian updates, or is he still sobbing into his stars and stripes flag since his boy Donny got bounced?

You'd think that with a name like Crusader Ian, he'd be tough skinned and at least up for a sensible debate.

Alas, he's blocked me.

See also, the Panda Cola Katie Hopkins that is Sam Murraytory.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:00 - Jan 26 with 768 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:54 - Jan 26 by artsbossbeard

You'd think that with a name like Crusader Ian, he'd be tough skinned and at least up for a sensible debate.

Alas, he's blocked me.

See also, the Panda Cola Katie Hopkins that is Sam Murraytory.

Well, now I'm going to have to check it out for myself and ruin my day.

Yup there it is.

Begging for the suspension of elections during Covid, and also retweeting stuff like this:

Which, predictably, is a lie:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-afs:Content:9901710773

I swear, there's a dust covered dog egg rolling around inside his head where his brain should be.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 14:03]

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:09 - Jan 26 with 741 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:00 - Jan 26 by SpruceMoose

Yup there it is.

Begging for the suspension of elections during Covid, and also retweeting stuff like this:

I swear, there's a dust covered dog egg rolling around inside his head where his brain should be.

Grimes rushing round deleting his Pro Trump tweets was a joy to behold.

Luckily the internet has a memory..

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:16 - Jan 26 with 721 viewsDarth_Koont

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:00 - Jan 26 by SpruceMoose

Yup there it is.

“Reportedly” doing a lot of heavy lifting in Grimes’ tweet.

Reportedly Grimes would blow a border collie for a fiver ... if someone had reported that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:22 - Jan 26 with 703 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:16 - Jan 26 by Darth_Koont

Reportedly Grimes would blow a border collie for a fiver ... if someone had reported that.

Crusader Ian seems dumb as a rock, so he probably just flat out believed it rather than posting it knowing full well it was a lie.

I'm not sure which of those is worse though?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:24 - Jan 26 with 696 viewsartsbossbeard

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:16 - Jan 26 by Darth_Koont

Grimes getting upset about the London fireworks was a particular favourite.

He accused Sadiq of putting a political agenda into the display by incorporating the solidarity fist (or Marxism as he prefers).

Anyhoo, his next tweet was to big up the Freedom of Speech Union, who funnily enough use the solidarity fist also. Destroyed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024