Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment 10:55 - Jan 21 with 8650 viewsSomethingBlue

What's that, five of his last six tweets either attacking Labour or trying to whip up a culture war that I don't imagine for one moment the people of Ipswich are interested in. Slightly more important things going on. Surely people aren't going to stand for his quite obvious attempts to drip poison and foment division in the town he was parachuted into and cares nothing for.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:59 - Jan 21 with 1657 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:50 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

It's literate, so it can't be any of the Taxi gang. I'm going for the latest iteration of Bloo Oyster.

Dunno, Oyster was always more cynical and sarcastic in trolling. He enjoyed the bites but never nailed himself to one mast. Plus when push came to shove he was generally more left of centre.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:01 - Jan 21 with 1649 viewsmonytowbray

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:55 - Jan 21 by soupytwist

So, who’s more likely to understand voters in the ‘Red Wall’ seats? Is it Lisa Nandy who was born in Manchester, educated in a state comprehensive school and been MP for Wigan for over ten years?

Or is it Tom Hunt? Born in Ely, educated at a private school (before Hills Road Sixth Form in Cambridge) and a Cambridgeshire councillor from 2011 before somehow being selected as candidate for Ipswich. His career outside politics appears to consist of having worked as Head of Media for the Countryside Alliance.

I’m sure that those voters in red wall seats are delighted that Tom’s so able to appreciate their thoughts and concerns.

It’s funny that all these anti establishment politicians are LITERALLY the establishment, isn’t it?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 1591 viewsjaykay

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:31 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

From what I hear most the Archant staff think he’s a bell end. I expect his propaganda pieces in the local paper are sponsored and paid for with our taxes.

when you think you are a male model and do the stock , chin resting on hand looking concerned pose, you know he is not a serious politician

[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 13:44]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:39 - Jan 21 with 1588 viewsitfcjoe

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 12:28 - Jan 21 by SomethingBlue

They have no vision at all beyond the urge to drag everyone down into a mucky culture battle with them — I'm not sure Mr Hunt will necessarily achieve what he has set out for in a place like Ipswich that has tended to swing between red and blue, but these days all bets do seem to be off so it's a massive concern.

The policy of 'levelling up' is definitely ending up as 'levelling down' with this brand of Tory in charge

Ipswich has had good MPs from both sides of the divide, Hunt should look back to Ben Gummer for someone who managed to be a big presence in the community whilst also climbing the greasy pole in Westminster. bUt he was in a different league to Hunt with regards to brains and decency.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:50 - Jan 21 with 1556 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:39 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

The policy of 'levelling up' is definitely ending up as 'levelling down' with this brand of Tory in charge

Ipswich has had good MPs from both sides of the divide, Hunt should look back to Ben Gummer for someone who managed to be a big presence in the community whilst also climbing the greasy pole in Westminster. bUt he was in a different league to Hunt with regards to brains and decency.

Yes, good point on Gummer. Hunt has been parachuted in to promote a very specific agenda and genuine engagement with what matters to local people is — as far as I hear anyway — very much an afterthought to that. He needs chipping away at constantly; people mustn't get used to this over the next three years.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ha, you lefty loon. (n/t) on 13:52 - Jan 21 with 1548 viewsDarth_Koont

Ha, you lefty loon. (n/t) on 12:43 - Jan 21 by Bloots

QED

I’m left of centre certainly. But nothing loony, hard left about it as my model would be Scandinavian social democracy.

You fascist pig 😀

Pronouns: He/Him

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:59 - Jan 21 with 1522 viewstractordownsouth

He didn't say a word about the Capitol riots yet threw a tantrum the other day when Biden said his "priority" was to get ensure black and ethnic minority Americans get equality. He then blamed Biden for being "divisive", without any irony whatsoever.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:06 - Jan 21 with 1488 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:50 - Jan 21 by SomethingBlue

Yes, good point on Gummer. Hunt has been parachuted in to promote a very specific agenda and genuine engagement with what matters to local people is — as far as I hear anyway — very much an afterthought to that. He needs chipping away at constantly; people mustn't get used to this over the next three years.

The sad thing is I think people have got used to it and, in fact, quite like it, which is how he and countless other chancers are now in the HoC. It's all about upsetting people instead of doing any good in the constituency now. Sure, he's done nothing of note for his constituents but he makes the 'libs' angry on Twitter, lol, got my vote.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:10 - Jan 21 with 1474 viewsDarth_Koont

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 13:01 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

It’s funny that all these anti establishment politicians are LITERALLY the establishment, isn’t it?

Yes. And embarrassing how many millions of voters fall for it.

But it wouldn’t be possible without a media that is just as much part of the Establishment playing the same game.

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 1458 viewstractordownsouth

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:06 - Jan 21 by footers

The sad thing is I think people have got used to it and, in fact, quite like it, which is how he and countless other chancers are now in the HoC. It's all about upsetting people instead of doing any good in the constituency now. Sure, he's done nothing of note for his constituents but he makes the 'libs' angry on Twitter, lol, got my vote.

The amount of Tory MPs that wouldn't have looked out of place in UKIP 5 years ago is quite worrying. Hunt, Ben Bradley, Simon Clarke, Sally Ann Hart etc. Their new MP for Workington actually stood as the UKIP candidate a few years back.

These are the types of folk that the Tory party has attracted in the post-2016 era.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Oi, I'm capitalist scum.... on 14:15 - Jan 21 with 1453 viewsBloots

Ha, you lefty loon. (n/t) on 13:52 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

QED

I’m left of centre certainly. But nothing loony, hard left about it as my model would be Scandinavian social democracy.

You fascist pig 😀

....you commie pinko.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:20 - Jan 21 with 1445 viewsManchesterblue

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 11:01 - Jan 21 by HotShotHamish

Seems to be quite popular with the majority of Ipswich residents - just not on this left-wing echo chamber.

He's definitely more in touch with the people of Ipswich than you, if that's your attitude. I'm sure you will tell me I'm wrong but thats the problem with forums like this - full of -like-minded people who thinkeveryone else shares their views.

Dont bother having an opinion on here, they all love Corbyn

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:21 - Jan 21 with 1439 viewsEwan_Oozami

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:20 - Jan 21 by Manchesterblue

Er, I don't...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Oi, I'm capitalist scum.... on 14:27 - Jan 21 with 1421 viewsDarth_Koont

Oi, I'm capitalist scum.... on 14:15 - Jan 21 by Bloots

....you commie pinko.

That’s harsh. Scum is reserved for those who do know better.

More like capitalist and politically illiterate.

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:28 - Jan 21 with 1414 viewsDanTheMan

Loving Corbyn would be an opinion.

FYI, I have no love for him.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Whatever you say comrade. (n/t) on 14:29 - Jan 21 with 1411 viewsBloots

Oi, I'm capitalist scum.... on 14:27 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

That’s harsh. Scum is reserved for those who do know better.

More like capitalist and politically illiterate.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:32 - Jan 21 with 1397 viewsSpruceMoose

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:21 - Jan 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Er, I don't...

Nor do I. There aren't many on here that do.

Once again I extend the invite to our right of centre friends to provide us with some positive Conservative policies from the last decade, or some Conservative policies that they have pushed through against the wishes of us lefties that have been a success. What would be the Conservative's greatest hits if you will. List some and shut me up.

Funnily enough I've extended this invite several times, but none of our resident Conservatives have taken me up on the offer, leaving me to think that Conservative politics are now the politics of grievance, negativity, envy and bitterness.

Again, happy to peruse some successes and admit where I'm wrong.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:32 - Jan 21 with 1398 viewsDarth_Koont

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:14 - Jan 21 by tractordownsouth

The amount of Tory MPs that wouldn't have looked out of place in UKIP 5 years ago is quite worrying. Hunt, Ben Bradley, Simon Clarke, Sally Ann Hart etc. Their new MP for Workington actually stood as the UKIP candidate a few years back.

These are the types of folk that the Tory party has attracted in the post-2016 era.

Let’s be honest. Over the last few decades, all our parties have predominantly attracted their fresh intake from the right.

That’s the direction of travel.

Stop bickering, you couple of plums. (n/t) on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 1384 viewsfooters

Whatever you say comrade. (n/t) on 14:29 - Jan 21 by Bloots

Duplicate post. (n/t) on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 1383 viewsfooters

Whatever you say comrade. (n/t) on 14:29 - Jan 21 by Bloots

[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:35]

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:36 - Jan 21 with 1376 viewsjeera

" they all love Corbyn."

Are you 10?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:37 - Jan 21 with 1363 viewsDarth_Koont

Oh dear. That’s so way off the mark.

There are only a few Corbyn “lovers” on here and even then, from my perspective at least, the love is based on his policies. He seems a decent, hardworking and principled man though, certainly as politicians go.

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:39 - Jan 21 with 1358 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:28 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

Loving Corbyn would be an opinion.

FYI, I have no love for him.

Another one who conflates Corbyn with the EU.

How can he have that avatar and then come out with that statement when he has more in common with Corbyn's views on the EU than most of us?

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:39 - Jan 21 with 1358 viewsfooters

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:32 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

Let’s be honest. Over the last few decades, all our parties have predominantly attracted their fresh intake from the right.

That’s the direction of travel.

You'd have thought several steep recessions and a global pandemic would have spurred people to take a more collectivist outlook. But no, it's only made people more insular, selfish and agrressive to 'others'. It's really sad to see but it's the reality of British politics right now.

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:40 - Jan 21 with 1344 viewsjeera

Tom Hunt, such an embarrassment on 14:37 - Jan 21 by Darth_Koont

Oh dear. That’s so way off the mark.

There are only a few Corbyn “lovers” on here and even then, from my perspective at least, the love is based on his policies. He seems a decent, hardworking and principled man though, certainly as politicians go.

The same mentality as whoever doesn't want Evans strung up must luv him.

Or appreciate what McC was up against, must luv him.

It's the language of schoolgirls ffs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024