Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** 12:46 - Jan 21 with 5880 viewsmonytowbray

Why? Just why? What value does Farage offer to fact?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:38 - Jan 21 with 468 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:34 - Jan 21 by Ewan_Oozami

But it's ok to do the same with the left, or even us poor, beleaguered Extreme Centrists?

As an exteme centrist, I'm demand my right to a cup of tea and a lie down, while i compose a letter to my mp in my head - most put out.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:39 - Jan 21 with 468 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:35 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

You're going to fast for me mr! See my edit re free speach laws.

Obviously a privately provided platform can do what it likes, but no Farage shouldn't be denied *all* platforms as long as he stays within the law.

So how do we stop these greasy weasels lying and spewing hatred to millions of people, ultimately infecting their worldview with poison?

If the answer is "combat them with facts and evidence" I'm going to throw myself out of the nearest window.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:39 - Jan 21 with 462 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:39 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

no platforming: shudder

Thats not the answer - not sure what is, but you'll just feed their narative like that.

Not sure if you've looked out the window or on the internet lately, but it's evident we can't just let them spout boll*cks on large platforms unchallenged.

How do you have a factual-based reform of media?

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:40 - Jan 21 with 461 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:39 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

So how do we stop these greasy weasels lying and spewing hatred to millions of people, ultimately infecting their worldview with poison?

If the answer is "combat them with facts and evidence" I'm going to throw myself out of the nearest window.

Thats a massive question and a little beyond me! I have to get back to work, but while I do, I'll try and dream up an answer. It'll be great!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:40 - Jan 21 with 458 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:38 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

To see American democracy split off like that would be interesting for them and the wider democratic world though.

It would mean some very rich and powerful (alas also complete f*ckwit) people with lobbying power will want things like the electoral college gone for fair representation.

That would open the door to all sorts of things, both good and bad, but overall I would welcome heading that way. Would be nice to know my Green membership is more than just moral support on principle if the USA led to democracy reforms.

The Republican party would never win another election if the electoral college was scrapped in favour of the popular vote along with their gerrymandering efforts being restrained.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:40 - Jan 21 with 454 viewsBlueBadger

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:39 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

Not sure if you've looked out the window or on the internet lately, but it's evident we can't just let them spout boll*cks on large platforms unchallenged.

How do you have a factual-based reform of media?

Would a Factual-based reform of the media include a blanket ban on the advertising of battenberg?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:41 - Jan 21 with 453 viewsDanTheMan

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:35 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

You're going to fast for me mr! See my edit re free speach laws.

Obviously a privately provided platform can do what it likes, but no Farage shouldn't be denied *all* platforms as long as he stays within the law.

Responded in an edit!

Apologies for the fast typing. I do think this is an interesting and actually fairly important discussion.

I think half the issue is that even if you challenge someone like Farage, his lies are already out. No amount of fact checking undoes the damage of the original message.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:41 - Jan 21 with 452 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:18 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

Even so, one's a convicted terrorist and the other isn't.

Telling right wingers that their views are akin to those of a terrorist can't be helpful, unless the aim is for all out culture war, possibly followed by the real thing. And if that is the aim, perhaps, it's not just the righties who need to stop and think.

I like you Ullaa, you're smart and you are far better than being a racism enabler/apologist.

F*ck 'em all. They had their run and we're all worse off for it.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:42 - Jan 21 with 449 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:40 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

Thats a massive question and a little beyond me! I have to get back to work, but while I do, I'll try and dream up an answer. It'll be great!

Not providing extremists of all shapes and forms access to millions of minds through a public broadcaster would probably be a good start, I'd say.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:45 - Jan 21 with 439 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:40 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

The Republican party would never win another election if the electoral college was scrapped in favour of the popular vote along with their gerrymandering efforts being restrained.

It gets me so hard though thinking about it.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:46 - Jan 21 with 436 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:40 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Would a Factual-based reform of the media include a blanket ban on the advertising of battenberg?

It would involve a blanket ban on animal products...

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:46 - Jan 21 with 437 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:41 - Jan 21 by DanTheMan

Responded in an edit!

Apologies for the fast typing. I do think this is an interesting and actually fairly important discussion.

I think half the issue is that even if you challenge someone like Farage, his lies are already out. No amount of fact checking undoes the damage of the original message.

I think we can put to bed the sweet naïve notion that facts and evidence have any power over hundreds of millions of people worldwide.

You can't counter some ideas. You have to prevent them from getting out to begin with.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:54 - Jan 21 with 417 viewsEwan_Oozami

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:40 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

There is already a self-imposed ban I believe, last time Battenberg got any prominence was on GBBO in August 2018.

If you ever hear of a BattenbergAnon channel and it's mysterious operative, 'B' - it's nothing to do with me, right?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:56 - Jan 21 with 407 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:46 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

I think we can put to bed the sweet naïve notion that facts and evidence have any power over hundreds of millions of people worldwide.

You can't counter some ideas. You have to prevent them from getting out to begin with.

The comparisons with history are all too real at this point. We're past saying "You can't just call everyone you disagree with Nazis" because they are Nazis.

Not all in name, but most in logic/actions/needs. It looks slightly different in the modern era and things have different names/words, but the principles all exist.

It's worth noting the levels of Nazi anti-semitism was never preached to the masses in the way it ended. They didn't get elected by saying they'd commit a mass genocide, they got elected by claiming those who fought them were conspiring to override Germany's culture and might with censorship.

Sound familiar? It bloody well should if you've been watching the news the last 5 years.

We've already seen the way Leave EU and such publications are already covering problems at UK Migrant detention centres.

The long story short is if it looks like it doesn't respect human rights, it's probably going to end very VERY bad if it gains traction. So deplatform them, they lost their right to a voice when they oppressed others.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:56 - Jan 21 with 407 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:42 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Not providing extremists of all shapes and forms access to millions of minds through a public broadcaster would probably be a good start, I'd say.

you want to silence people you disagree with. i guess there are historic precedents for that. despite these people standing in elections, getting support, and not breaking any laws. you don't want to defeat their arguments or persuade people away form them, you just want to silence them. democracy isn't really your thing. and you're the one throwing round the fascist tag. jeez.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 398 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:45 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

It gets me so hard though thinking about it.

Statehood for DC and Puerto Rico, along with nationwide automatic voter registration (and election day being a public holiday) should finish you off.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 396 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:56 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

you want to silence people you disagree with. i guess there are historic precedents for that. despite these people standing in elections, getting support, and not breaking any laws. you don't want to defeat their arguments or persuade people away form them, you just want to silence them. democracy isn't really your thing. and you're the one throwing round the fascist tag. jeez.

Speaking of deplatforming, why are we still letting this dangerous idiot of a right wing troll pretending to be the voice of reason still engage here?

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:59 - Jan 21 with 393 viewsBlueBadger

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:56 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

Trouble is, the individual this discussion was sparked by has spent most of the last decade stirring up and hate and division(and by extension, violence) largely to fuel his ego, media exposure and bank balance.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:00 - Jan 21 with 390 viewsSpruceMoose

The sooner you get over embarrassing yourself yesterday the better for all of us.

What would be even better would be for you to stop lying about what people say, and to quit making up arguments to argue against.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:02 - Jan 21 with 380 viewsjaykay

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:28 - Jan 21 by MattinLondon

He goes on the BBC to get maximum exposure - he thrives on attention. Then he goes back onto Twitter to complain about the lefty liberal BBC and his supporters lap it up. The BBC offer Farage airtime because they are scared of being accused of being too left leaning.

Farage has done an excellent job in reinventing himself as not part of the elite despite being part of it.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 13:45]

yes a pint in one hand a fag in the other and he is one of us. a great bloke to have drink with, just so you good give a mouthful. i thought better say a mouthful as i dont want to wake the snowflakes by saying something else

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:02 - Jan 21 with 378 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:00 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

The sooner you get over embarrassing yourself yesterday the better for all of us.

What would be even better would be for you to stop lying about what people say, and to quit making up arguments to argue against.

LOL what did I miss yesterday?

You'd think after spreading Q propaganda he'd have at least went a couple more weeks before smearing his face with sh1t again.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:04 - Jan 21 with 374 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:59 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, the individual this discussion was sparked by has spent most of the last decade stirring up and hate and division(and by extension, violence) largely to fuel his ego, media exposure and bank balance.

Like I said yesterday, it's all academic to Lowie. From his comfortable Suffolk surrounds none of this really impacts him. So he can sit there stroking his chin and smugly patting himself on the back for being some kind of moral visionary, when in fact he's just a pampered dullard with no skin in the game who couldn't find a shift key let alone a well thought out position on anything meaningful.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:06 - Jan 21 with 369 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:02 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

LOL what did I miss yesterday?

You'd think after spreading Q propaganda he'd have at least went a couple more weeks before smearing his face with sh1t again.

I'm the real authoritarian apparently, because I don't want to listen to the thoughts of the terrorists who assaulted the Capitol a couple of weeks ago.

You know the drill, I'm the intolerant one because I don't nod along politely when people speak and act in a hateful manner.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:12 - Jan 21 with 345 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:06 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

I'm the real authoritarian apparently, because I don't want to listen to the thoughts of the terrorists who assaulted the Capitol a couple of weeks ago.

You know the drill, I'm the intolerant one because I don't nod along politely when people speak and act in a hateful manner.

Ah yes.

Because in this thread of lots of grown ups having an adult discussion about facts/media he's come in with a post that's flipped the whole debate to new levels of enlightenment.

I am starting to wonder how much Putin is paying him.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 15:14 - Jan 21 with 340 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 14:59 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

but he has done so democratically without breaking the law. he has contested elections - and lost. on one issue he received majority public support. he has been consistently challenged and shown up for what he is and he has never received more than minority support for hm or his party. in a democracy there are no grounds whatsoever for silencing someone like this.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024