Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** 12:46 - Jan 21 with 5885 viewsmonytowbray

Why? Just why? What value does Farage offer to fact?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:54 - Jan 21 with 754 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:52 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

it really is like trying to reason with a child.

that's lovely. well done.

Don't be upset. Don't make things up. You'll be happier.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:00 - Jan 21 with 738 viewsEwan_Oozami

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:52 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

it really is like trying to reason with a child.

that's lovely. well done.

The key words in what Sprucey said are: "public broadcaster"

If Farage wants to appear on Fox, or OAN or GB TV or any private subscription-based channel, that's up to them, but the BBC (and to an extent, ITV and Channel 5) have a duty to not let people like Farage have unchallenged air-time, which is generally what he gets...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:04 - Jan 21 with 728 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:51 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

I thought you were supporting the notion of deplatforming too tbh mr. What would you do instead?

There's a difference between banning him from speaking (not what I'm advocating, despite the lies Lowhouse is spouting) and making it easy extremists to pollute public discourse.

Extending an invite to extremists to appear on respected public broadcasting platforms reaching millions of people, who most likely (incorrectly) expect to be able to trust what they're being shown only serves to legitimise their position, and you know damn well that no amount of facts and evidence used against them will stop their ideas spreading like cancer.

Hateful views should be hard to track down and expose yourself to, not beamed into your living room as if it's a respectable and decent opinion to hold. Those that get rich off the back of them should not be assisted in being comfortable while preaching them.

I can't believe that after the last decade this very simple concept STILL needs to be explained to people. It seems that concept of balance and fairness is so entirely misunderstood by so many people.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:05 - Jan 21 with 723 viewsStokieBlue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:32 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

I warned you not to come back all puffed up like a red faced Fugu clutching your feeble and flailing gotcha moment, didn't I?

Now you've gone and embarrassed yourself.

Silly Lowhouse.

Can't resist.....

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:06 - Jan 21 with 721 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:00 - Jan 21 by Ewan_Oozami

If Farage wants to appear on Fox, or OAN or GB TV or any private subscription-based channel, that's up to them, but the BBC (and to an extent, ITV and Channel 5) have a duty to not let people like Farage have unchallenged air-time, which is generally what he gets...

What I said to Lowhouse is irrelevant to him. He has his posts and his talking points that he wants to make and what I say doesn't really matter. All my posts are to him are an irritating delay until he can sermonise again.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:08 - Jan 21 with 715 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 16:54 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Don't be upset. Don't make things up. You'll be happier.

OK

op: "When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying *****.Why? Just why? What value does Farage offer to fact?"

Giant_Ulla: "Obviously a privately provided platform can do what it likes, but no Farage shouldn't be denied *all* platforms as long as he stays within the law."

SM: "So how do we stop these greasy weasels lying and spewing hatred to millions of people, ultimately infecting their worldview with poison? If the answer is "combat them with facts and evidence" I'm going to throw myself out of the nearest window."

Giant_Ulla: "Thats a massive question and a little beyond me! I have to get back to work, but while I do, I'll try and dream up an answer. It'll be great!"

SM: "Not providing extremists of all shapes and forms access to millions of minds through a public broadcaster would probably be a good start, I'd say."

you can see what you said and what it meant. nothing made up. if you're ashamed about what you posted then go back and delete it, don't just pretend you didn't post it.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:10 - Jan 21 with 703 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:08 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

OK

op: "When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying *****.Why? Just why? What value does Farage offer to fact?"

Giant_Ulla: "Obviously a privately provided platform can do what it likes, but no Farage shouldn't be denied *all* platforms as long as he stays within the law."

SM: "So how do we stop these greasy weasels lying and spewing hatred to millions of people, ultimately infecting their worldview with poison? If the answer is "combat them with facts and evidence" I'm going to throw myself out of the nearest window."

Giant_Ulla: "Thats a massive question and a little beyond me! I have to get back to work, but while I do, I'll try and dream up an answer. It'll be great!"

SM: "Not providing extremists of all shapes and forms access to millions of minds through a public broadcaster would probably be a good start, I'd say."

you can see what you said and what it meant. nothing made up. if you're ashamed about what you posted then go back and delete it, don't just pretend you didn't post it.

What I see is a comprehension failure from you, as another poster has pointed out

Oh Lowhouse. If you read half as well as you post self-important puffed up twaddle you might get somewhere.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:11 - Jan 21 with 700 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:00 - Jan 21 by Ewan_Oozami

what nonsense, a public broadcaster doesn't have a duty to avoid people that spruce disagrees with. quite the opposite - they have a legal duty to reflect diversity of opinion.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:14 - Jan 21 with 691 viewsLankHenners

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:11 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

what nonsense, a public broadcaster doesn't have a duty to avoid people that spruce disagrees with. quite the opposite - they have a legal duty to reflect diversity of opinion.

They have a legal duty to broadcast with due impartiality which is different and something the BBC in particular have tied themselves up in knots in the past trying to satisfy.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:17 - Jan 21 with 677 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:11 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

Nowhere did I say that this was about people I didn't agree with.

Are you simply lying, or just failing to understand?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 676 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:04 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

There's a difference between banning him from speaking (not what I'm advocating, despite the lies Lowhouse is spouting) and making it easy extremists to pollute public discourse.

Extending an invite to extremists to appear on respected public broadcasting platforms reaching millions of people, who most likely (incorrectly) expect to be able to trust what they're being shown only serves to legitimise their position, and you know damn well that no amount of facts and evidence used against them will stop their ideas spreading like cancer.

Hateful views should be hard to track down and expose yourself to, not beamed into your living room as if it's a respectable and decent opinion to hold. Those that get rich off the back of them should not be assisted in being comfortable while preaching them.

I can't believe that after the last decade this very simple concept STILL needs to be explained to people. It seems that concept of balance and fairness is so entirely misunderstood by so many people.

I think the trouble with not inviting Farage onto respected public broadcasters is that they would then lose the things that makes them respected: impartiality.

You're asking them to take a view on something, to decide what's best for the nation, which to my mind would be a masisve mistake.

You'd just lose people forever as they disappeared down their favourite rabbit holes.

I know you find the following unacceptabally weak, but there really is no choice but tro counter and explain why he's wrong. At least in the short term. Maybe in the longer term, we need to expand efforts to counter extremism at an early age.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 17:19]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:20 - Jan 21 with 658 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:18 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

I think the trouble with not inviting Farage onto respected public broadcasters is that they would then lose the things that makes them respected: impartiality.

You're asking them to take a view on something, to decide what's best for the nation, which to my mind would be a masisve mistake.

You'd just lose people forever as they disappeared down their favourite rabbit holes.

I know you find the following unacceptabally weak, but there really is no choice but tro counter and explain why he's wrong. At least in the short term. Maybe in the longer term, we need to expand efforts to counter extremism at an early age.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 17:19]

Again. Impartiality is not understood by many. Blatant lies are not the counterpoint balance to truth and evidence. Not all worldviews are worth airing.

I'm sure if we keep doing the same things we've always done it'll somehow work out though.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:22 - Jan 21 with 654 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:04 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

i see, you only want to censor the public broadcaster (through which a large proportion of the public get their news and information). you don't actually want to lock him and stop him speaking altogether. how liberal. rather than the public broadcaster respecting its current legal duty to reflect a diversity of opinion - in your world it would only show stuff you agree with. again this is someone who has legally stood in elections, has had millions of votes for the parties he has led, and has not broken any laws. wow.

all of your instincts are anti-democractic.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 644 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:20 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Again. Impartiality is not understood by many. Blatant lies are not the counterpoint balance to truth and evidence. Not all worldviews are worth airing.

I'm sure if we keep doing the same things we've always done it'll somehow work out though.

But you're asking the bbc etc to decide what a blatent lie is - that's where the impartiality comes in.For sure, some lies will be obvious and should be challenged on air (indeed, I'm sure Farage is oftne challenged on his bollox), but others will be more debatable. But the idea is that an impartial broadcaster presents both sides and lets the viewers decide.

If you add in a judgment process before that, that broadcaster beocmes inherantly political and therefore less worthy or reliable to *all*.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:27 - Jan 21 with 640 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:17 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Nowhere did I say that this was about people I didn't agree with.

Are you simply lying, or just failing to understand?

so what's your criteria then? people who've been convicted of some public order offence? cos that's not farage. you genuinely don't understand what is your own subjective opinion and what's been objectively proven about someone. you calling farage a racist isn't an objective fact - it's your political opinion. this is what happens when you want to censor people without any due process. jeez, this such depressingly basic stuff.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:28 - Jan 21 with 636 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:22 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

i see, you only want to censor the public broadcaster (through which a large proportion of the public get their news and information). you don't actually want to lock him and stop him speaking altogether. how liberal. rather than the public broadcaster respecting its current legal duty to reflect a diversity of opinion - in your world it would only show stuff you agree with. again this is someone who has legally stood in elections, has had millions of votes for the parties he has led, and has not broken any laws. wow.

all of your instincts are anti-democractic.

Stop wasting my time. You are both a fool and a liar.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:29 - Jan 21 with 632 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:27 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

so what's your criteria then? people who've been convicted of some public order offence? cos that's not farage. you genuinely don't understand what is your own subjective opinion and what's been objectively proven about someone. you calling farage a racist isn't an objective fact - it's your political opinion. this is what happens when you want to censor people without any due process. jeez, this such depressingly basic stuff.

Stop. Embarrassing. Yourself.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:32 - Jan 21 with 625 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:28 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Stop wasting my time. You are both a fool and a liar.

read what you write. the fact that you don't like it when it is reflected back at you suggests you ought to stop writing. you don't have answers just child like insults.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:32 - Jan 21 with 618 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:29 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Stop. Embarrassing. Yourself.

you don't understand any of it, do you. jeez.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:32 - Jan 21 with 617 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:27 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

But you're asking the bbc etc to decide what a blatent lie is - that's where the impartiality comes in.For sure, some lies will be obvious and should be challenged on air (indeed, I'm sure Farage is oftne challenged on his bollox), but others will be more debatable. But the idea is that an impartial broadcaster presents both sides and lets the viewers decide.

If you add in a judgment process before that, that broadcaster beocmes inherantly political and therefore less worthy or reliable to *all*.

Haven't we always done that though? Look around. This is what you end up with. It's mindless to carry on the same way and expect different results. Sooner or later you're going to have to get off that fence and pick a side.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:35 - Jan 21 with 602 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:32 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

read what you write. the fact that you don't like it when it is reflected back at you suggests you ought to stop writing. you don't have answers just child like insults.

I didn't read your post, but if I agree with you will you go away? I'll even throw a stick if that helps.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:40 - Jan 21 with 581 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:35 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

I didn't read your post, but if I agree with you will you go away? I'll even throw a stick if that helps.

you can't defend what you post, you can't engage in reasoned discussion, you just shout slogans, and post insults. it's pathetic.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:43 - Jan 21 with 573 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:40 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

you can't defend what you post, you can't engage in reasoned discussion, you just shout slogans, and post insults. it's pathetic.

You're the one ranting and raving Mr. It's noted that you're not above issuing the odd insult yourself!

Are you pacing the floor muttering to yourself angrily between posts? Seems likely.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying cnts on 18:01 - Jan 21 with 528 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying cnts on 15:45 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

i know who farage is, thank you.

Ah, so you are just a racist apologist and enabler then.

Glad we cleared that up.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 18:28 - Jan 21 with 496 viewsgiant_stow

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 17:32 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

Haven't we always done that though? Look around. This is what you end up with. It's mindless to carry on the same way and expect different results. Sooner or later you're going to have to get off that fence and pick a side.

Hey! I'm an Extreme Centrist remember, so that's my side! (boo hiss).

The more I think about it, the answer has to be at the other end. People (and not just kids at school) need to be educated on spin, bollox, lies and fake news. Perhaps some kind of mass education campaign akin to when we were all told to wear jonnies because of HIV (or masks now)?

Treating the issue of raw progroganda as a critical national issue worthy of such a campaign might help in itself. Even for Facebook users.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 18:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024