Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** 12:46 - Jan 21 with 5887 viewsmonytowbray

Why? Just why? What value does Farage offer to fact?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:29 - Jan 21 with 719 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:14 - Jan 21 by SpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** by SpruceMoose 21 Jan 2021 19:07
In the words of President Biden, will you shut up man?

You're buzzing around this thread like a gadfly, and your poor punctuation and grammar are giving me a headache. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time giving you any serious answers because the way you've conducted yourself means you've lost that privilege.

I assure you, any further replies from you will only waste your own time x

pathetic.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** (n/t) on 22:37 - Jan 21 with 701 viewsfooters

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:28 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

well that's a bit weird. you seem to be upset by call for critical reasoning and to have a problem with social sciences. personally i don't believe that ole peters has over turned a whole academic discipline. perhaps you do. although it's the internet so perhaps you don't actually know anything about economics or social science. who knows.

This post has been edited by an administrator

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:44 - Jan 21 with 684 viewsCotty

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 13:39 - Jan 21 by giant_stow

no platforming: shudder

Thats not the answer - not sure what is, but you'll just feed their narative like that.

He is no danger of being no-platformed. He's on the beeb on the regular, like
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:45 - Jan 21 with 681 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** (n/t) on 22:37 - Jan 21 by footers

This post has been edited by an administrator

go on then, what's your view on ergodicity economics and its implications for expected utility theory? how do you see it overthrowing the entire discipline of economics?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:49 - Jan 21 with 674 viewsfooters

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:45 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

go on then, what's your view on ergodicity economics and its implications for expected utility theory? how do you see it overthrowing the entire discipline of economics?

Have you learnt how to spell 'scary' yet?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:49 - Jan 21 with 670 viewsjeera

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:45 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

Sounds like Rob might be your man for that discussion, if you could manage to keep it civil of course.

Although it's the internet so perhaps neither he nor you actually know anything about economics or social science. Who knows?

Speaking for myself, I've always found Rob to be a decent enough sort with considered views.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:52 - Jan 21 with 655 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:49 - Jan 21 by footers

Have you learnt how to spell 'scary' yet?

yes i've always been very bad at spelling. you've got me there.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:53 - Jan 21 with 651 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:29 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

pathetic.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** by SpruceMoose 21 Jan 2021 19:07
In the words of President Biden, will you shut up man?

You're buzzing around this thread like a gadfly, and your poor punctuation and grammar are giving me a headache. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time giving you any serious answers because the way you've conducted yourself means you've lost that privilege.

I assure you, any further replies from you will only waste your own time x

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 23:05 - Jan 21 with 629 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 22:49 - Jan 21 by jeera

Sounds like Rob might be your man for that discussion, if you could manage to keep it civil of course.

Although it's the internet so perhaps neither he nor you actually know anything about economics or social science. Who knows?

Speaking for myself, I've always found Rob to be a decent enough sort with considered views.

absolutely - it's the internet, who knows. i agree it absolutely works both ways. i make no claim to any great knowledge of ergodicity economics - i've read one article by ole peters.

i'm not sure coachrob's first post was entirely civil?

but my point really is that the claim of over throwing a whole discipline is no small matter. particularly since it's a discipline which is already diverse and uses a variety of methods. if the claim is that it challenges one standard textbook presentation - well great that needs to be challenged. textbooks aren't the discipline. but lots of economics have been doing that for the last 70 years. you would need to know a lot about a subject to know how big or wide a challenge something like this represents.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 23:12 - Jan 21 with 618 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 23:05 - Jan 21 by lowhouseblue

absolutely - it's the internet, who knows. i agree it absolutely works both ways. i make no claim to any great knowledge of ergodicity economics - i've read one article by ole peters.

i'm not sure coachrob's first post was entirely civil?

but my point really is that the claim of over throwing a whole discipline is no small matter. particularly since it's a discipline which is already diverse and uses a variety of methods. if the claim is that it challenges one standard textbook presentation - well great that needs to be challenged. textbooks aren't the discipline. but lots of economics have been doing that for the last 70 years. you would need to know a lot about a subject to know how big or wide a challenge something like this represents.

Well done in making this thread 6 pages about yourself.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 00:05 - Jan 22 with 578 viewsCotty

I don't know anything about economics but your talk of ergodicity has got my pecker up
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 08:58 - Jan 22 with 451 viewslowhouseblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 00:05 - Jan 22 by Cotty

I don't know anything about economics but your talk of ergodicity has got my pecker up

it's this, or at least this is a summary of it:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41567-019-0732-0

i have to apologise to coach rob because i think i got us off on the wrong foot. it all seems to me to be very interesting - i don't doubt it's extremely clever and robust and peters is clearly extremely able. mathematically it may be very cool for all i know. my only issue is whether it is really going to challenge the whole discipline of economics. economists haven't believed that expected utility theory is empirically valid for about 100 years. there has been huge areas of work heading in various directions to reflect empirical reality - dealing with risk aversion, information issues, behavioural restrictions etc etc. so economics already has ways of dealing with the issue that's been identified. so the topic doesn't seen to have caused a stir in the economics discipline - but it has excited interest amongst people who, for very solid political reasons, want to dispute the standard text book presentation. but the textbook and the economics discipline more widely are different things.

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 09:00 - Jan 22 with 442 viewsKeno

Perhaps it’ll be when people stop highlighting what he is on and when??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 407 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 09:00 - Jan 22 by Keno

Very good point Keno. This forum as so far given him over twenty hours of coverage, just on this thread.
When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 09:44 - Jan 22 with 396 viewsEwan_Oozami

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 09:24 - Jan 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Very good point Keno. This forum as so far given him over twenty hours of coverage, just on this thread.

Farage to Ergodicity in one thread is pretty impressive though!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 11:22 - Jan 22 with 361 viewsmonytowbray

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 09:00 - Jan 22 by Keno

If you haven't sussed it yet, ignoring them doesn't make the problem go away.

TWTD never forgets…

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 12:36 - Jan 22 with 325 viewsSpruceMoose

When will the media learn to stop platforming these lying ***** on 09:24 - Jan 22 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Ignoring you hasn't worked.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024