Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastonbury cancelled 12:49 - Jan 21 with 2938 viewsvapour_trail

Summer 2021 dominoes start to fall. Hopefully some late summer smaller festivals will survive but I’m not optimistic at all.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:03 - Jan 21 with 607 viewsStokieBlue

Glastonbury cancelled on 13:56 - Jan 21 by ElderGrizzly

Just can't see how you host it securely, with hundreds or thousands of athletes from each country.

You've seen the mess the Australian open is in with a couple of hundred people?!

With testing and quarantine restrictions likely to be here for most of this year, even with a vaccine, I just can't see how they can put on the Olympics in anything that remotely approaches safely.

I didn't say it should go ahead, clearly as things stand it would be a terrible idea for it to go ahead.

I just said they had spent a fortune for nothing.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:10 - Jan 21 with 585 viewsTractorWood

Glastonbury cancelled on 13:42 - Jan 21 by m14_blue

I had the same but took the refund when it was postponed last year.

Had some regrets when Scotland qualified but seems very unlikely to be a ‘proper’ atmosphere anyway.

Uefa have been ok on refunds. There is another refund window until the end of the month and they seemed to have changed the t&c's to imply you'll get a refund in every scenario unless you actually get to go. Which feels beyond remote.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 573 viewsMookamoo

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:03 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

I didn't say it should go ahead, clearly as things stand it would be a terrible idea for it to go ahead.

SB

Just send one person per country to do all the events.

I vote Ben Stokes.
Glastonbury cancelled on 14:15 - Jan 21 with 566 views05Jchamb

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:10 - Jan 21 by TractorWood

Uefa have been ok on refunds. There is another refund window until the end of the month and they seemed to have changed the t&c's to imply you'll get a refund in every scenario unless you actually get to go. Which feels beyond remote.

I am in the same position as you with tickets. Was a relief to see that we will be offered refunds if the fixture is moved more than 50km as before that I was struggling to decide whether to cancel before the end of the month or not.
Glastonbury cancelled on 14:39 - Jan 21 with 534 viewsElderGrizzly

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:03 - Jan 21 by StokieBlue

SB

Wasn't saying you were, just a comment i've picked up on elsewhere, where people have said because they have spent to much it will go ahead, almost whatever.
Glastonbury cancelled on 14:41 - Jan 21 with 532 viewsTractorWood

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:15 - Jan 21 by 05Jchamb

I am in the same position as you with tickets. Was a relief to see that we will be offered refunds if the fixture is moved more than 50km as before that I was struggling to decide whether to cancel before the end of the month or not.

That's what decided it for me too. I was probably going to cancel and get a refund until I saw the 50km rule.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:44 - Jan 21 with 528 viewsvapour_trail

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:14 - Jan 21 by Mookamoo

Just send one person per country to do all the events.

I vote Ben Stokes.

Excellent idea.

We should resurrect superstars as a qualifying comp.

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:45 - Jan 21 with 524 viewsvapour_trail

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:41 - Jan 21 by TractorWood

That's what decided it for me too. I was probably going to cancel and get a refund until I saw the 50km rule.

I’ve got tickets for the Czech game for the family. Have kept them but have no expectations to be actually attending.

Login to get fewer ads

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:52 - Jan 21 with 511 viewshype313

Hmm 250k people congregating in a field over a weekend in this current climate, even the most optimistic person would struggle to square that one currently.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Glastonbury cancelled on 15:19 - Jan 21 with 488 viewsJakeITFC

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:10 - Jan 21 by TractorWood

I could definitely see a scenario with the Wembley games having some capacity for domestic fans. Every adult in the UK would have had one dose of a vaccine by then at current rates, so just whether that is enough to start opening things up (and how far in advance of games happening they will need to decide).
Glastonbury cancelled on 15:41 - Jan 21 with 465 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Glastonbury cancelled on 12:51 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

Realistically, I don't think we're going to see very much indoor live music(or theatre, or anything else like that) for most, if not all of this year.

Oh well, illegal outdoor raves it is then....we can all dress up as Biden, wear masks and hug too...it'll be fine!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 15:41]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Glastonbury cancelled on 16:01 - Jan 21 with 449 viewsbluelagos

Glastonbury cancelled on 13:32 - Jan 21 by ElderGrizzly

It certainly can't be played with the concept of teams traipsing round Europe from country to country.

It will need to be hosted in one or two countries with bubbles put in place for teams if it is going to go ahead.

I'd suggest it will be cancelled altogether, as no country will want the risk.

Also the Olympics will be cancelled.

Seems doubtful the Euros could go ahead with fans traveling in large numbers. But can see no reason why they couldn't go ahead in their current form with no/little crowds. Although it does seem to defeat the purpose.

But given the contracts / TV deals / sponsorship income - can't see them cancelling it all together.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Glastonbury cancelled on 16:09 - Jan 21 with 439 viewsEastTownBlue

Glastonbury cancelled on 14:52 - Jan 21 by hype313

Hmm 250k people congregating in a field over a weekend in this current climate, even the most optimistic person would struggle to square that one currently.

There are still a few idiots that think that would have been a perfectly safe event to hold.
Glastonbury cancelled on 16:10 - Jan 21 with 437 viewsRadlett_blue

Glastonbury cancelled on 16:01 - Jan 21 by bluelagos

Seems doubtful the Euros could go ahead with fans traveling in large numbers. But can see no reason why they couldn't go ahead in their current form with no/little crowds. Although it does seem to defeat the purpose.

But given the contracts / TV deals / sponsorship income - can't see them cancelling it all together.

I think UEFA will be desperate for the event to go ahead to protect the TV revenue. The multi city idea is clearly a non starter & I would have slimmed down the event as soon COVID broke. But sports bodies are always reluctant to slim down anything.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Glastonbury cancelled on 16:12 - Jan 21 with 429 viewsbluelagos

Glastonbury cancelled on 16:10 - Jan 21 by Radlett_blue

I think UEFA will be desperate for the event to go ahead to protect the TV revenue. The multi city idea is clearly a non starter & I would have slimmed down the event as soon COVID broke. But sports bodies are always reluctant to slim down anything.

But slimmed down would mean less TV revenue and sponsorship. That said they did exactly that with the Champions league last year, so it could be possible.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Glastonbury cancelled on 16:13 - Jan 21 with 428 views05Jchamb

Glastonbury cancelled on 15:19 - Jan 21 by JakeITFC

I could definitely see a scenario with the Wembley games having some capacity for domestic fans. Every adult in the UK would have had one dose of a vaccine by then at current rates, so just whether that is enough to start opening things up (and how far in advance of games happening they will need to decide).

I was so excited when I found out I had a clean sweep for England at Wembley. Couldn't stop watching the footage of the crowds at Euro 96.

Clearly will still be grateful if I get any opportunity to watch these games live but 30% crowds all sitting down and 10 seats apart throughout the stadium doesn't have quite the same level of anticipation.
Glastonbury cancelled on 16:21 - Jan 21 with 418 viewsGunnsAirkick

Glastonbury cancelled on 12:53 - Jan 21 by monytowbray

Festivals might be back in 2022. Why the bookers wasted more money rebooking this year baffles me. Perhaps desperate optimism.

To be fair, expect half your favourite festivals to never happen again and venues to be a Spoons by the time we are allowed to go back to social events.

I live in Norwich and one large venue (Open) which was good has closed already.

I worry for the smaller ones if larger ones like that are struggling.
Glastonbury cancelled on 17:24 - Jan 21 with 381 viewsJakeITFC

Glastonbury cancelled on 16:13 - Jan 21 by 05Jchamb

I was so excited when I found out I had a clean sweep for England at Wembley. Couldn't stop watching the footage of the crowds at Euro 96.

Clearly will still be grateful if I get any opportunity to watch these games live but 30% crowds all sitting down and 10 seats apart throughout the stadium doesn't have quite the same level of anticipation.

Nope, agreed - I have tickets for England games right to the final so am similarly annoyed but would still want to if the opportunity presents itself.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024