Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. 08:12 - Jan 22 with 4075 viewstrulyblue

For me it was Newcastle away on Saturday 20th December 1975 with the score ending 1-1, the programme is proudly framed and displayed at home.

Don't even get me started on fans who were born out of season, they may as well watch netball.

Poll: Player of the season so far?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:25 - Jan 22 with 2605 viewsitfcjoe

Some of us are considerate and allow their fathers to go to the game and are then born the next day!

Interestingly, well for me anyway, my sister was born in the 1983/84 season a couple of days after a 5-0 win at home to Stoke, and in the following season I was born the day after a 5-1 home win against Stoke!

EDIT - just checked my Mum and Dad, Dad born a couple of weeks after the end of the season, and Mum born midweek on a Tuesday.....3 days after an away FA Cup win, against Stoke!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 8:27]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:28 - Jan 22 with 2586 viewsfooters

That's a strange way of wishing me a happy birthday, but thank you I'll take it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:33 - Jan 22 with 2578 viewsSwansea_Blue

What do we reckon about the Vitality Roses 70-54 defeat of the international Vitality Netball Superleague All Stars this week then? I thought it was an excellent captain's performance from Serena Guthrie. Or Sezza as she's known by true fans.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:50 - Jan 22 with 2543 viewsFtnfwest

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:33 - Jan 22 by Swansea_Blue

What do we reckon about the Vitality Roses 70-54 defeat of the international Vitality Netball Superleague All Stars this week then? I thought it was an excellent captain's performance from Serena Guthrie. Or Sezza as she's known by true fans.

sounds like it was vital
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:56 - Jan 22 with 2525 viewsSitfcB

The 1991/92 season season ended 7 days before I was born, but it was a Saturday!

My boy was born on a Saturday also and it was a matchday but we lost 2-0 to Middlesbrough.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:59 - Jan 22 with 2516 viewsKeno

So what you are saying is you are a Newcastle fan??

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 09:00 - Jan 22 with 2515 viewshype313

48 hours after my birth we beat Arsenal 2-0 at home, with a certain Brian Talbot in the Arsenal side.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 09:00 - Jan 22 with 2514 viewsKropotkin123

Never checked this before, but I got a 1-1 draw with QPR. I was born at 8:35 in the morning, so plenty of time to get to the game. Sadly my dad is a heretic though - Supports Tottenham.

As much as it pains me to say, I feel like true fans should bring the luck of a win.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 9:01]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 09:07 - Jan 22 with 2495 viewspatrickswell

For security reasons, I won’t say the date or score , but I was born on a matchday as well We beat Everton and I was delighted to pick up the programme from a stall a couple of years ago.
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 09:07 - Jan 22 with 2485 viewsBasingstokeBlue

I was born during the 9 days' breather before/during Christmas, BUT...

We had just beaten Plymouth Argyle 3-1 and tonked Leyton Orient 6-2 (both at home);
three days after my birth Town went down to the Carrot Farm and beat the budgies 3-0;
the next day they came up to FPR and we beat them again (4-1).

Those matches were the start of an unbeaten run that lasted until the end of March.

Ah, TWTD.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 09:09 - Jan 22 with 2482 viewsFtnfwest

7th July 66 - England were having their warm up cricket knock about at Roehampton, but pretty sure Town wouldn't have started pre season that early in those days. At least England have won the word cup in my lifetime, just.
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:14 - Jan 22 with 2429 viewsghostofescobar

I was born in the changing room during a half time at FPR.

GhostOfEscobar

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:21 - Jan 22 with 2417 viewsSwansea_Blue

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:28 - Jan 22 by footers

That's a strange way of wishing me a happy birthday, but thank you I'll take it.

Happy B'day Footers!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:35 - Jan 22 with 2399 viewsfooters

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:21 - Jan 22 by Swansea_Blue

Happy B'day Footers!

Cheers, me old fruit. I am celebrating by working. And then I have a nice big bottle of gin for this evening :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 2395 viewsBluespeed225

Day before Southampton to home, 65’ for me, the late Mr Kellard scoring.
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:39 - Jan 22 with 2388 viewsKeno

**ahem**

only very true fans were born with a few days of the season starting in which Ipswich Town FC become champions of England!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:46 - Jan 22 with 2378 viewsOldsmoker

As I'm not a true supporter I suppose I better stop posting on TWTD.
Flouncing off.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 11:33 - Jan 22 with 2346 viewsPendejo

Born in a Friday, the day before an away 1-1 draw at Massive Citeh and they were the reining Champions

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 11:49 - Jan 22 with 2327 viewstractordownsouth

Only true supporters are born on a match day in a promotion season!

Granted it was a 1-1 draw at Pompey but still!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 11:54 - Jan 22 with 2324 viewsnoggin

Ipswich v Bolton 1st October 1966. 2-2

In fact I just bought the programme so cheers for posting this.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 11:56 - Jan 22 with 2317 viewsnoggin

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:28 - Jan 22 by footers

Happy birthday old chap.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 12:06 - Jan 22 with 2305 viewsSuperblue95

I was born the day before the final loss of an 8 game losing streak.

Pretty much sums up my life supporting us.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 12:20 - Jan 22 with 2277 viewsSouperJim

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 08:25 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

Some of us are considerate and allow their fathers to go to the game and are then born the next day!

Interestingly, well for me anyway, my sister was born in the 1983/84 season a couple of days after a 5-0 win at home to Stoke, and in the following season I was born the day after a 5-1 home win against Stoke!

EDIT - just checked my Mum and Dad, Dad born a couple of weeks after the end of the season, and Mum born midweek on a Tuesday.....3 days after an away FA Cup win, against Stoke!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 8:27]

How old is your Dad now? Reckon he'll sh!t himself if we ever put 5 past Stoke again...

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 12:26 - Jan 22 with 2267 viewslongtimefan

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 10:39 - Jan 22 by Keno

**ahem**

only very true fans were born with a few days of the season starting in which Ipswich Town FC become champions of England!!

During that season is even better
Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 15:04 - Jan 22 with 2203 viewscressi

Only true supporters were born on a match day of the club they support. on 09:00 - Jan 22 by Kropotkin123

Never checked this before, but I got a 1-1 draw with QPR. I was born at 8:35 in the morning, so plenty of time to get to the game. Sadly my dad is a heretic though - Supports Tottenham.

As much as it pains me to say, I feel like true fans should bring the luck of a win.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 9:01]

I was born 18th Feb 61
Same day as The great Bobby Robson
Also the day Ipswich beat Leeds 4-0
Goals Crawford Phillips (2) and Rees
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024