Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These two new signings.... 08:54 - Jan 22 with 599 viewsbobbyramsey

Do they show some level of intent from ME? And do they go someway to dispel the myth (?) that he's happy to flounder forevermore in the "cheaper" league one?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 8:59]
These ywo new signings.... on 08:58 - Jan 22 with 567 viewsParky

To me it just shows Lambert has got Evans by the bøllocks and Evans will fall for everything PRP says.

Whilst I do think the new signings have good calibre, we did not really need two new loan signings with the size of our squad.

Evans ate up the rubbish excuse about too many injuries, they’re all basically back, but we still needed to strengthen.

PRP can’t get the best out of anyone. What player would you say has played their best football under Lambert and improved? None is the answer.
These two new signings.... on 09:02 - Jan 22 with 545 viewsitfcjoe

Yes and yes.

We will have had to beat out competition for these signings no doubt, and the squad assembled, plus massive managerial contract, plus category 2 academy is not a L1 set up.

You can questions Evans decisions, but not his backing at this level

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

These two new signings.... on 09:04 - Jan 22 with 529 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Intent would have been adding another leader to the squad, and one who's career is not in decline. (Chambers, Ward, Skuse).

Chambers and Skuse have been fantastic servants but their effect on games and their ability to grab the game by the scruff of its neck is falling away badly.

A John McGreal style signing would have shown intent.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

These ywo new signings.... on 09:05 - Jan 22 with 526 viewsbobbyramsey

These ywo new signings.... on 08:58 - Jan 22 by Parky

To me it just shows Lambert has got Evans by the bøllocks and Evans will fall for everything PRP says.

Whilst I do think the new signings have good calibre, we did not really need two new loan signings with the size of our squad.

Evans ate up the rubbish excuse about too many injuries, they’re all basically back, but we still needed to strengthen.

PRP can’t get the best out of anyone. What player would you say has played their best football under Lambert and improved? None is the answer.

Agree with all that but it wasn't really what I was asking. I was wondering if these signings have put an end to the perception that ME lacks ambition and is happy with running a cheaper club in a lower league?
These two new signings.... on 09:26 - Jan 22 with 456 viewsSwansea_Blue

Well, it'll probably cost him unless we'll see a couple or more out of the door by the end of the window. Intent? Maybe, but I'm really not sure. Let's wait and see how thee two are used, whether Harrop's lack of game time is an issue and if they improve us. I'm not hopeful personally as we have a history of bringing players in who end up doing little, aren't used much or who take months to get up to speed after injury/not having played for a while.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

These two new signings.... on 09:31 - Jan 22 with 442 viewsSouperJim

We're still under the salary cap. That's the extent of Evans intent, to keep us where we're cheap to run.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

These two new signings.... on 09:37 - Jan 22 with 427 viewsbobbyramsey

These two new signings.... on 09:31 - Jan 22 by SouperJim

We're still under the salary cap. That's the extent of Evans intent, to keep us where we're cheap to run.

Very true, keep forgetting about the fking "don't get above your station" salary cap.
These two new signings.... on 10:57 - Jan 22 with 380 viewsPique

These two new signings.... on 09:02 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

Yes and yes.

We will have had to beat out competition for these signings no doubt, and the squad assembled, plus massive managerial contract, plus category 2 academy is not a L1 set up.

You can questions Evans decisions, but not his backing at this level

I don’t question Evans’ backing at this level. I question his backing at Championship level.

Which is why we’re at this level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024