Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) 09:02 - Jan 22 with 1988 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:03 - Jan 22 with 1980 viewshype313

Not ideal, but with Drinan back in the fold it's essentially like for like.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:13 - Jan 22 with 1886 viewsCoco

Oh yeah, Oli Hawkins!

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:16 - Jan 22 with 1869 viewsHerbivore

He's another one who has come here and barely played. I am not convinced he was really a worthwhile signing. I get that he gives us a different option but we don't play two up front and he doesn't have the mobility to play as a lone striker.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:23 - Jan 22 with 1808 viewsWallingford_Boy

We really need a striker.

Other than Norwood, we have Drinan, who cannot score, Sears (ditto) and Jackson, who isn't really a striker (not sure what he is).

Plus some kids.

Can't we sign some old has been, a real dirty, "been there done that", to maybe toughen up our squad and bully a few defenders. Must be someone available that would do a job until the end of the season.

RIP Sir Bobby

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 1800 viewsdavblue

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:16 - Jan 22 by Herbivore

He's another one who has come here and barely played. I am not convinced he was really a worthwhile signing. I get that he gives us a different option but we don't play two up front and he doesn't have the mobility to play as a lone striker.

You've got to get mobility around him.

I think he's barely had a chance created for him, he's a decent player and he's allows others to get around him from midfield it sticks with him. In a well coached team he would be an asset, he's not going to get 20 goals a season but there's a player in there for this league.
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:24 - Jan 22 with 1791 viewsdavblue

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:23 - Jan 22 by Wallingford_Boy

Other than Norwood, we have Drinan, who cannot score, Sears (ditto) and Jackson, who isn't really a striker (not sure what he is).

Plus some kids.

Can't we sign some old has been, a real dirty, "been there done that", to maybe toughen up our squad and bully a few defenders. Must be someone available that would do a job until the end of the season.

Akinfenwa?
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:27 - Jan 22 with 1760 viewsBlueNomad

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:23 - Jan 22 by Wallingford_Boy

Plus some kids.

Whats Holty up to these days..................................?
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:29 - Jan 22 with 1752 viewsclive_baker

Not a sexy player but his presence has coincided with some of our better performances. My instinct says our points / goals yield is higher when he's been involved. Gives us much more balance, especially with this 1 up front nonsense. It really has to be him or Norwood, which puts pressure to get 90 minutes out of Norwood over this busy period.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:40 - Jan 22 with 1689 viewsitfcjoe

He's done ok, but ultimately we sold them Ellis Harrison who we didn't want, Harrison means that Hawkins barely plays a game and then we sign him - massive downgrade

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:41 - Jan 22 with 1671 viewsgordon

Bizarre signing in my opinion, given the style we're trying to play - I don't think we're going to see much more of him in an ITFC shirt unless we have a lot of injuries.

If we've now got a decent no. 10 now (Harrop) sliding nice passes through, you don't really want Hawkins lumbering after it. Then from the wide positions, neither Edwards nor Thomas are the sort of winger who put accurate crosses in the box, they are more direct goal threat types.
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:47 - Jan 22 with 1615 viewslongtimefan

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:40 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

He's done ok, but ultimately we sold them Ellis Harrison who we didn't want, Harrison means that Hawkins barely plays a game and then we sign him - massive downgrade

Harrison can’t get into the Portsmouth starting lineup either!
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:50 - Jan 22 with 1597 viewshype313

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:47 - Jan 22 by longtimefan

Harrison can’t get into the Portsmouth starting lineup either!

I had high hopes for him when he signed and witnessed a few of his performances, but looks like decent business selling him now, although counter acted by bringing Hawkins in, but he's clearly a cheap punt.

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:55 - Jan 22 with 1561 viewsSamWhiteUK

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:50 - Jan 22 by hype313

I had high hopes for him when he signed and witnessed a few of his performances, but looks like decent business selling him now, although counter acted by bringing Hawkins in, but he's clearly a cheap punt.

You say decent business, but didn't basically all of the money we received for him go straight to his former club? Or was that debunked. That would mean it was like doing no business at all apart from having to pay his wages for a while
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:56 - Jan 22 with 1549 viewsitfcjoe

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:55 - Jan 22 by SamWhiteUK

You say decent business, but didn't basically all of the money we received for him go straight to his former club? Or was that debunked. That would mean it was like doing no business at all apart from having to pay his wages for a while

We basically paid a loan fee for him and Pompey picked up what was left of the transfer payments and his contract

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:56 - Jan 22 with 1547 viewshype313

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:55 - Jan 22 by SamWhiteUK

Not sure, if that's the case then I retract my comment about decent business!

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:56 - Jan 22 with 1545 viewsMattinLondon

I forgot all about him.
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:58 - Jan 22 with 1526 viewsHerbivore

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:24 - Jan 22 by davblue

I think he's barely had a chance created for him, he's a decent player and he's allows others to get around him from midfield it sticks with him. In a well coached team he would be an asset, he's not going to get 20 goals a season but there's a player in there for this league.

I'm unconvinced. Based on what I've seen his touch isn't good enough and I've seen cruise ships with smaller turning circles. I agree that not getting players around him doesn't help either but he doesn't look good enough to play that lone striker role at this level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 10:00 - Jan 22 with 1508 viewsmarchy

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 09:24 - Jan 22 by davblue

I saw him play for Hemel Hempstead. There was barely "a player in there" for that league, never mind this one.
Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 10:05 - Jan 22 with 1473 viewsartsbossbeard

An hour in and no blame on the backroom staff yet?

Standards, people.

Standards.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 10:09 - Jan 22 with 1422 viewsdavblue

Oli Hawkins out for 6 weeks (n/t) on 10:00 - Jan 22 by marchy

I saw him play for Hemel Hempstead. There was barely "a player in there" for that league, never mind this one.

that's fine it's your opinion i disagree with it he's never going to be a world beater but we didn't have someone who the ball sticks to and he's a different option for us.
Get Rory Fallon in. (n/t) on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 1341 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Get Rory Fallon in. (n/t) on 10:47 - Jan 22 with 1310 viewsAce_High1

Get Rory Fallon in. (n/t) on 10:37 - Jan 22 by Bloots

Stern John NT
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024