Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town without Bishop and Edwards 09:48 - Jan 22 with 1230 viewsSouperJim

Prior to Saturday, they had last both been fit and in the team at Sunderland on 3rd November. At that point they had 9 of our 17 league goals between them and the lions share of our assists.

Our record while they were out - P10 W3 D1 L6

You don't have to be a genius to see why we've signed Thomas and Harrop, but it was as plain as the nose on the end of my face earlier in the season that we would struggle badly if Bishop and Edwards couldn't stay fit and firing, so these signings smack of trying to paper over the cracks to me.

Why Lamberk can't see that this system simply doesn't work at this level and with the players at his disposal, is beyond me. But yeah, Marcus Evans football genius told him it's how we have to play?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 10:32]

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Town without Bishop and Edwards on 09:52 - Jan 22 with 1165 viewslongtimefan

Didn’t they both play on Saturday against Burton!
Town without Bishop and Edwards on 09:58 - Jan 22 with 1099 viewsElderGrizzly

Evans hasn't told him which formation to use, which players to pick etc.

He simply said in the summer, he wanted to see a more attractive, passing and importantly EXCITING style of football. And for continuity from First XI to academy.

Lambert is failing on all of that, unless you count passing in our own half
Town without Bishop and Edwards on 10:09 - Jan 22 with 1032 viewsSimonds92

Town without Bishop and Edwards on 09:58 - Jan 22 by ElderGrizzly

He simply said in the summer, he wanted to see a more attractive, passing and importantly EXCITING style of football. And for continuity from First XI to academy.

Apart from the slow monotonous build up play, it's the lack of pressing which frustrates me. When we have so much of the ball, and with our build up being so slow, you would think our players should have enough energy for a high intensity press. Everything is so lethargic!
Town without Bishop and Edwards on 10:28 - Jan 22 with 949 viewsSouperJim

Town without Bishop and Edwards on 09:52 - Jan 22 by longtimefan

Yeah you're right fair comment, have edited my OP but the overall point still stands. While they've been out we've been crap, and we can't keep relying on one or two players to dig us out when the system and style of play clearly doesn't suit us.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 10:33]

Town without Bishop and Edwards on 10:47 - Jan 22 with 895 viewsSouperJim

Town without Bishop and Edwards on 09:58 - Jan 22 by ElderGrizzly

The fact that Evans needed to tell him that at all is a fairly damning indictment of his ability to manage a football team. In true Lamberk style he's getting it totally wrong and appear to have turned a fairly straightforward mission statement into a millstone where he won't deviate from an ineffective system?

Town without Bishop and Edwards on 11:07 - Jan 22 with 846 viewsWickets

Yes i tend to agree as soon as we lost these two we looked unable to score and it became worse when neither Bennetts or Nolan was fit and for me we should have gone to 442 . Some say we dont have the players for that system but i beg to differ when these four players where missing i think what we had left where better suited to the 442 than the system we unsuccessfully persisted with . Our manager is unable to think on this feet or on his own but i suppose to will have to get used to it ! I think we all know points from the next 2 games are a must, we live in hope !
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 11:09]
Town without Bishop and Edwards on 15:44 - Jan 22 with 617 viewsWickets

Town without Bishop and Edwards on 09:52 - Jan 22 by longtimefan

Yes but as they had only returned to training a short time before they cant have been up to speed !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024