Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Mick was any good he'd be in work 11:37 - Jan 22 with 4964 viewsBluefish

Oh he is at a level above us

Pray for the numbskulls cats this morning

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 11:42 - Jan 22 with 2800 viewsPlums

Isn’t it time to let this go? MIck’s time was up.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 2782 viewsBluefish

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 11:42 - Jan 22 by Plums

Isn’t it time to let this go? MIck’s time was up.

We should never forget our manager greats

Ramsey
Robson
Burley
McCarthy

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 11:49 - Jan 22 with 2761 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 2731 viewsBrianTablet

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 11:49 - Jan 22 by Steve_M

And both recovering from getting the sack on La Isla Bonita.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:13 - Jan 22 with 2675 viewsKeno

Can you find one of those that says

"Just discovered Madonna is a better football manager than Paul Lambert"

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:16 - Jan 22 with 2665 viewsBluefish

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:13 - Jan 22 by Keno

Can you find one of those that says

"Just discovered Madonna is a better football manager than Paul Lambert"

How many relegations has she had?

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:22 - Jan 22 with 2646 viewsjudespiveyg

He's an okay Championship manager, can make a team solid, he's basically the bloke you give a ring if Warnock's unavailable. I've actually always thought his 2012/13 season for us is massively overrated. The squad he inherited had more than enough talent, just needed someone to turn them into a team.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:23 - Jan 22 with 2637 viewsmarchy

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:16 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

How many relegations has she had?

Probably gone down once or twice over the years.
Login to get fewer ads

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:29 - Jan 22 with 2615 viewsSwansea_Blue

She appears to be squeezing a sausage between her cleavage

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:30 - Jan 22 with 2610 viewsMattinLondon

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 11:45 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

Ramsey
Robson
Burley
McCarthy

I agree but Mick wasn’t great. Good yes, but no where near great.
If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:31 - Jan 22 with 2605 viewsSwansea_Blue

It would be rather amusing on here if he went on and got them promoted. Highly unlikely to happen though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:39 - Jan 22 with 2571 viewsmonty_radio

Ramsey
Robson
Burley
McCarthy

If you're going to define club history, you'd do well to be acquainted with a bit more of it. Apart from the bizarre inclusion of M.M. in that list where is Scott Duncan? And if you think that more money would have confirmed Mick's place in the pantheon, go check out how much Sir Alf spent.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:40 - Jan 22 with 2571 viewsCoco

stop this trolling it's as boring now as it was then. If Mick is the limit of your aspirations then good luck to you.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:42 - Jan 22 with 2563 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Ramsey
Robson
Burley
McCarthy

You appear to have forgotten John Lyall.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 2562 viewsyoda

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:31 - Jan 22 by Swansea_Blue

It would be rather amusing on here if he went on and got them promoted. Highly unlikely to happen though.

The reason Norwich Swansea and Brentford are top of the Championship is because neither of the clubs will employ dinosaurs like McCarthy,he may be a handy bloke if you're in the bottom 3 and need him to keep you up but going forward? nah.
If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:49 - Jan 22 with 2523 viewsBluefish

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:43 - Jan 22 by yoda

The reason Norwich Swansea and Brentford are top of the Championship is because neither of the clubs will employ dinosaurs like McCarthy,he may be a handy bloke if you're in the bottom 3 and need him to keep you up but going forward? nah.

You opinion is as welcome as our own numbskulls

You were a flukey equaliser away from sacking Farke

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:00 - Jan 22 with 2480 viewsLankHenners

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:22 - Jan 22 by judespiveyg

He's an okay Championship manager, can make a team solid, he's basically the bloke you give a ring if Warnock's unavailable. I've actually always thought his 2012/13 season for us is massively overrated. The squad he inherited had more than enough talent, just needed someone to turn them into a team.

Taking a team from bottom to 14th, from 7 points to 60, finishing 5th in the form table had the season started from his first game being 'overrated' goes straight onto the podium for 'worst takes from people so enraged by the mention of Mick's name they have to underplay/rubbish any achievement he made'.

Fantastic stuff.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:03 - Jan 22 with 2463 viewsCoco

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:43 - Jan 22 by yoda

The kind of forward thinking a lot of our fanbase do not have the cognitive power to understand.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:05 - Jan 22 with 2455 viewsBluefish

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:03 - Jan 22 by Coco

The kind of forward thinking a lot of our fanbase do not have the cognitive power to understand.

Nice to see a connection between you both

Obviously the connection is not appreciating our beat spell in the past 10 + years but.....

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:07 - Jan 22 with 2443 viewsMattinLondon

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:40 - Jan 22 by Coco

stop this trolling it's as boring now as it was then. If Mick is the limit of your aspirations then good luck to you.

But then the attention seeking child will throw his dummies out of the pram. He might even copy-and-past a couple of pm, kick off and act like a tit.

He’s a decent fella so just humour him.
If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:14 - Jan 22 with 2423 viewsCoco

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:05 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

Nice to see a connection between you both

Obviously the connection is not appreciating our beat spell in the past 10 + years but.....

oooooh you are such a rotter! stop it.

Austerity was the best spell under the Tories over the past 10 years - Oh how i hanker for it again! Great memories.

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:15 - Jan 22 with 2415 viewsjudespiveyg

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:00 - Jan 22 by LankHenners

Taking a team from bottom to 14th, from 7 points to 60, finishing 5th in the form table had the season started from his first game being 'overrated' goes straight onto the podium for 'worst takes from people so enraged by the mention of Mick's name they have to underplay/rubbish any achievement he made'.

Fantastic stuff.

Don't cry lol.

That season he did a good job, some people describe it as a miracle though.
Fact is Chambers, Smith and Cresswell formed a perfectly capable defence. Plenty of good options up front in Campbell, Chopra, Murphy, JET, Scotland at a stretch.
Midfield nothing to write home about but N'Daw and pre-injury Luke Hyam were both solid enough.
My point is actually correct I'm afraid, he walked into a club with plenty of decent Championship players. He did a good job turning them into a team and solidified them, helped with good recruitment of Mcgoldrick and Henderson. But it was just a good job. Not 'great' not 'miraculous' but good.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 13:18]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:23 - Jan 22 with 2390 viewsTJS

I think they've taken one look at the plight of us and Sunderland and said "we have to stay in the Championship at all costs this season".
McCarthy will probably get them the points here and there to make 100% sure.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 13:23]
If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:26 - Jan 22 with 2378 viewsmonty_radio

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 12:42 - Jan 22 by The_Flashing_Smile

You appear to have forgotten John Lyall.

I'd just realised that I left him out in my post a little earlier. I suppose you could also include Bill McGarry, who, though he was workmanlike, did actually take us up to the top league and a position that SBR therefore inherited. But as I said earlier, the inclusion of M.M. in a list of Town greats (though I realise it's just a drumbeat) is just bizarre.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 2350 viewsBeckets

If Mick was any good he'd be in work on 13:26 - Jan 22 by monty_radio

I'd just realised that I left him out in my post a little earlier. I suppose you could also include Bill McGarry, who, though he was workmanlike, did actually take us up to the top league and a position that SBR therefore inherited. But as I said earlier, the inclusion of M.M. in a list of Town greats (though I realise it's just a drumbeat) is just bizarre.

He’s in the good category below the Great and Very Good categories occupied by the likes of Ramsey, Robson and Burley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024