Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien to fleetwood 12:13 - Jan 22 with 3468 viewschrismakin

Wish we kept him. Just as backup and sent out Sears ir huws to trim squad

Fullback has no cover at all

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:15 - Jan 22 with 2184 viewswkj

Utterly nonsense how he never even got chance to be on the bench. He must have be the one leaking the team sheet all this time.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:16 - Jan 22 with 2183 viewsjudespiveyg

Donacien is maybe the biggest waste of money we've ever bought. He's a passable League One full-back. We spent about three times more than we should have done on him.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:18 - Jan 22 with 2163 viewswkj

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:16 - Jan 22 by judespiveyg

Donacien is maybe the biggest waste of money we've ever bought. He's a passable League One full-back. We spent about three times more than we should have done on him.

Thing is, like Josh Emmanuel - I think we're going to see just how good or bad he is when he leaves. Lambert's management of the wings is easily his biggest flaw. (of many)

Crybaby

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:18 - Jan 22 with 2159 viewsBluefish

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:15 - Jan 22 by wkj

Utterly nonsense how he never even got chance to be on the bench. He must have be the one leaking the team sheet all this time.

Lambert black listed him within minutes of arriving, Harrison then slightly after

The whole nonsense about JD being a centre half and the a. Right back and not being used as either when short and then the business about Harrison being injured and then suddenly playing when we were desperate and then apparently injured again despite being fit. These were huge warning signs

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:19 - Jan 22 with 2143 viewsBluefish

More than Tamas Priskin or Lee Martin?

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:20 - Jan 22 with 2136 viewsclive_baker

We can only get rid of players if people want them. I wouldn't imagine there are too many clubs waiting to take Sears or Huws and cover their wages.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:20 - Jan 22 with 2135 viewsStokieBlue

Play 3-5-2 (well 3-1-3-1-2).

Two wide midfields will have to work back but tough.

-------- McGuiness -- Chambers -- Wolf -------------
----------------------- Dozzell -----------------------------
Thomas ----------- Downes ---------------- Edwards
---------------------- Bishop ------------------------------
------------- Norwood --- Jackson ---------------------

Obviously this isn't realistic, just works with the players and probably on FM2010. I'm assuming that is what PL tests his team selections on.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:24 - Jan 22 with 2111 viewsjudespiveyg

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:19 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

More than Tamas Priskin or Lee Martin?

I genuinely think so, which is saying something considering I was never actually sure Priskin was aware of the offside rule.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:26 - Jan 22 with 2089 viewsBluefish

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:24 - Jan 22 by judespiveyg

I genuinely think so, which is saying something considering I was never actually sure Priskin was aware of the offside rule.

Nah he was half the price of priskin and a better player. The fact Lambert hates him as a person is probably a positive for his character

Sammy parkin boooooo needs a mention too

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:26 - Jan 22 with 2092 viewsclive_baker

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:18 - Jan 22 by wkj

Thing is, like Josh Emmanuel - I think we're going to see just how good or bad he is when he leaves. Lambert's management of the wings is easily his biggest flaw. (of many)

I can't see us ever looking at Donacien as one that really got away. The bloke's 27, he's probably found his level as an average L1 / L2 fullback, he's never looked any more than that when he has played for us. That's fine, but how or why we decided to pay £750k for him I'll never know. That's massive money really, especially at the level we're now at when you're talking about only getting £2m - £3m for someone like Downes.

JE is a good example, he's younger, better, and we gave him away for nothing.

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:31 - Jan 22 with 2054 viewswkj

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:26 - Jan 22 by clive_baker

I can't see us ever looking at Donacien as one that really got away. The bloke's 27, he's probably found his level as an average L1 / L2 fullback, he's never looked any more than that when he has played for us. That's fine, but how or why we decided to pay £750k for him I'll never know. That's massive money really, especially at the level we're now at when you're talking about only getting £2m - £3m for someone like Downes.

JE is a good example, he's younger, better, and we gave him away for nothing.

Not the one that got away, but the one that was never given a chance. Had the chap had some confidence and time to establish himself as cover I don't think he would have been any worse than chambers in that position.

Crybaby

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:46 - Jan 22 with 1983 viewsEireannach_gorm

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:20 - Jan 22 by StokieBlue

Play 3-5-2 (well 3-1-3-1-2).

Two wide midfields will have to work back but tough.

-------- McGuiness -- Chambers -- Wolf -------------
----------------------- Dozzell -----------------------------
Thomas ----------- Downes ---------------- Edwards
---------------------- Bishop ------------------------------
------------- Norwood --- Jackson ---------------------

Obviously this isn't realistic, just works with the players and probably on FM2010. I'm assuming that is what PL tests his team selections on.

SB

I like the idea of using players in their correct positions ( not sure Paul does ) but I don't think Dozzell is a Defensive Midfielder.
Donacien to fleetwood on 12:50 - Jan 22 with 1957 viewsStokieBlue

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:46 - Jan 22 by Eireannach_gorm

I like the idea of using players in their correct positions ( not sure Paul does ) but I don't think Dozzell is a Defensive Midfielder.

He's played there all season and all through his career.

It's not a serious line-up although hard to see how it can be any worse than what is being served up.

SB

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:51 - Jan 22 with 1956 viewsPhilTWTD

Clearly the management don't rate him. Even if he stayed I'd expect Woolfy to be next in line to play at right-back if Chambo got injured and KVY wasn't back, maybe even Skusey if he was fit.
Donacien to fleetwood on 12:53 - Jan 22 with 1937 viewsBluefish

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:51 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

Clearly the management don't rate him. Even if he stayed I'd expect Woolfy to be next in line to play at right-back if Chambo got injured and KVY wasn't back, maybe even Skusey if he was fit.

KVY
Chambers
Edwards
Woolf
Skuse
Wilson

Bizarre treatment really. He tried to claim he was a CB until we were short in the middle and then he still didn't play him. Besides it never stopped him playing various CBs at rb or a winger or a midfielder

Lambert hates Donacien from their villa time

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:01 - Jan 22 with 1912 viewsEireannach_gorm

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:50 - Jan 22 by StokieBlue

He's played there all season and all through his career.

It's not a serious line-up although hard to see how it can be any worse than what is being served up.

SB

Bit like Chambers, just because he plays there does not mean it's his best position.

Don't know about this line up not being a serious proposition. Experienced CB flanked by two fast youngsters. Our best midfielders ( maybe adjust their positions ). Two quick players on the flanks feeding our best combination up front. Uses the players we have in their most effective positions. Clearly not worth trying as we could not play the ball around at the back.
Donacien to fleetwood on 13:03 - Jan 22 with 1887 viewsBluefish

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:01 - Jan 22 by Eireannach_gorm

Bit like Chambers, just because he plays there does not mean it's his best position.

Don't know about this line up not being a serious proposition. Experienced CB flanked by two fast youngsters. Our best midfielders ( maybe adjust their positions ). Two quick players on the flanks feeding our best combination up front. Uses the players we have in their most effective positions. Clearly not worth trying as we could not play the ball around at the back.

If someone plays their whole career there you would assume it is their preferred/best position

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:12 - Jan 22 with 1854 viewsMrTown

Looks an odd one to me.

We now have no right back cover, going into 16 games in 8 weeks, and relying on 1 35 year old.

It looks a little odd to me, and mentioned, would rather trim by offloading Huws and Sears first.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:15 - Jan 22 with 1851 viewsclive_baker

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:31 - Jan 22 by wkj

Not the one that got away, but the one that was never given a chance. Had the chap had some confidence and time to establish himself as cover I don't think he would have been any worse than chambers in that position.

Probably not, but I don't think Chambers is worth £750k either.

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:29 - Jan 22 with 1822 viewsEireannach_gorm

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:03 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

If someone plays their whole career there you would assume it is their preferred/best position

Do you consider tackling and breaking up play is his forte?
Donacien to fleetwood on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 1802 viewsBluefish

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:29 - Jan 22 by Eireannach_gorm

Did you consider it to be Pirlo's?

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:38 - Jan 22 with 1787 viewsStokieBlue

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:29 - Jan 22 by Eireannach_gorm

He's not that type of defensive midfielder.

Downes in front of him can do that perfectly well.

SB

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:46 - Jan 22 with 1767 viewsitfcjoe

It's obvious there is a personal issue between him and Lambert, as he's demonstrably decent enough cover at this level

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:53 - Jan 22 with 1750 viewsRadlett_blue

Yes & the really silly thing is that Evans apparently prefers a loan to a sale because he doesn't want to take the huge loss. Unless we trigger the 1 year extension, which would be dumb because he never plays, he's going to be worth zilch in the summer. So the loss on the £750k has already been incurred, if not crystallised.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Donacien to fleetwood on 13:58 - Jan 22 with 1742 viewsPhilTWTD

Donacien to fleetwood on 12:53 - Jan 22 by Bluefish

KVY
Chambers
Edwards
Woolf
Skuse
Wilson

Bizarre treatment really. He tried to claim he was a CB until we were short in the middle and then he still didn't play him. Besides it never stopped him playing various CBs at rb or a winger or a midfielder

Lambert hates Donacien from their villa time

Yes, plenty of options, although not all ideal. Seemed to rate him at Villa, put him on the bench in the Premier League but never given a chance here other than in dire circumstances or the Papa John's Trophy, which are essentially the same thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024