Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road 16:32 - Jan 22 with 1889 viewsJ2BLUE

The NFL have announced that 22,000 fans will be allowed into Raymond James Stadium for the Super Bowl. One third capacity at the standard 66,000 non expanded capacity. 7500 will be vaccinated health care workers which could be a brilliant idea if they are spaced out between the non vaccinated fans. I know there's no data on whether they can still transmit the virus but it's worth a go if they're protected.

Apparently UEFA have three options. Tournament behind closed doors, 20-30% and 50-100% so will probably be watching with interest.

WWE are said to be watching how things go with plans for 25,000 at Wrestlemania (again one third capacity as the stadium can hold 75,000 for 'special events')

Could we see something like this next season? 10,000 at PR with a proportion being set aside for the vaccinated?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:34 - Jan 22 with 1659 viewsSpruceMoose

We are also closing in on 500,000 dead people, so UEFA probably shouldn't look to the Americans for guidance.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:35 - Jan 22 with 1655 viewsEwan_Oozami

10,000?

That's made my Friday afternoon that has!!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:36 - Jan 22 with 1650 viewsJ2BLUE

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:35 - Jan 22 by Ewan_Oozami

10,000?

That's made my Friday afternoon that has!!!

I'm not saying it will happen, I was throwing the idea out there.

Truly impaired.

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:37 - Jan 22 with 1638 viewsJ2BLUE

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:34 - Jan 22 by SpruceMoose

We are also closing in on 500,000 dead people, so UEFA probably shouldn't look to the Americans for guidance.

Well yes, and safety is the first priority, but the NFL consulted the local health authorities etc. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Truly impaired.

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:41 - Jan 22 with 1603 viewshomer_123

Given the paucity of quality football on offer at PR - I have to say I'm really not missing it.

Factor in that you can't really 'do' the match day experience that we normally do (beers et al, meeting up in numbers etc etc) I'm happy to wait a bit longer until we can go back 'normally'.

Completely understand others will want to go sooner, respect that.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:43 - Jan 22 with 1576 viewsMoriarty

As I understand it, the issue isn’t being spaced out (in the physical sense) in the stadium but rather the converging/gathering before and after and also entering and exiting. Beer will flow and people will do what they do at occasions like this.

I imagine a spike it the cities who take part in Super Bowl is probably inevitable as people gather to watch in homes, bars, etc and celebrate the occasion.

fka omuircheartaigh

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:44 - Jan 22 with 1569 viewsbluelagos

Why would you use a stadium with just 66k capacity when there are plenty significantly larger?

Same for the Euros. If they go for x% then surely the larger stadiums should be used. (Assuming they can make travel to/from stadia safe)

Having said all that, I just can't see any serious reduction in restrictions in the UK before the summer tbh. So for Ipswich, I think we have seen all the live football we can expect would be my bet.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:45 - Jan 22 with 1567 viewsSpruceMoose

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:37 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Well yes, and safety is the first priority, but the NFL consulted the local health authorities etc. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

I suppose my issue with it hasn't changed. Even if you can control the stadium environment, you still have the completely uncontrolled environment of thousands of people traveling from all over the place to get there.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:46 - Jan 22 with 1561 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t think it’s that significant, fans have been allowed in for NFL games in limited numbers for most of the season depending on the laws of each state. Indeed the Bucs have had fans at home games since October

The only real significant bit is the free tickets to healthcare workers which is a welcome gesture but doesn’t provide any learnings from a hosting live sport perspective

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:52 - Jan 22 with 1531 viewsJ2BLUE

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:46 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Don’t think it’s that significant, fans have been allowed in for NFL games in limited numbers for most of the season depending on the laws of each state. Indeed the Bucs have had fans at home games since October

The only real significant bit is the free tickets to healthcare workers which is a welcome gesture but doesn’t provide any learnings from a hosting live sport perspective

Not anywhere near those numbers though unless i've missed it?

Truly impaired.

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:54 - Jan 22 with 1526 viewshomer_123

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:44 - Jan 22 by bluelagos

Why would you use a stadium with just 66k capacity when there are plenty significantly larger?

Same for the Euros. If they go for x% then surely the larger stadiums should be used. (Assuming they can make travel to/from stadia safe)

Having said all that, I just can't see any serious reduction in restrictions in the UK before the summer tbh. So for Ipswich, I think we have seen all the live football we can expect would be my bet.

Current lockdown was passed by Parliament to run to end of March.

Numbers 'appear' to be levelling in a number of areas however, with the current strain, any relaxation will again see those levels increase quickly again.

So - it really is tough to see what's going to happen differently in the short/ medium term.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:55 - Jan 22 with 1517 viewsJ2BLUE

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:54 - Jan 22 by homer_123

Current lockdown was passed by Parliament to run to end of March.

Numbers 'appear' to be levelling in a number of areas however, with the current strain, any relaxation will again see those levels increase quickly again.

So - it really is tough to see what's going to happen differently in the short/ medium term.

Yea I said next season, I agree that we won't be back at PR this season and rightfully so.

Truly impaired.

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:58 - Jan 22 with 1510 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:44 - Jan 22 by bluelagos

Superbowls are awarded years in advance and would be an absolute legal minefield given there would no doubt have been huge sums spent on getting things ready

No doubt there would be some practical challenges too for things like travel/hotel arrangements which will have long been sorted for staff, press, entertainment etc and all the other events and stuff that comes with Superbowl week

There are certainly larger options out there - some college stadiums have capacities in excess of 100k however there is a relatively small list of stadiums which tend to be rotated for Superbowls - mainly as the NFL look for the event to be held somewhere warm and modern rather than say in the Michigan winter

Obviously none of the above is insurmountable if there was really impetus to move it but any suggestion of moving it was always going to be a non-starter really

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:59 - Jan 22 with 1499 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:52 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Not anywhere near those numbers though unless i've missed it?

Cowboys-Steelers had 32k people in attendance

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 17:11 - Jan 22 with 1465 viewsJ2BLUE

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:59 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Cowboys-Steelers had 32k people in attendance

Bloody hell.

Truly impaired.

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 18:32 - Jan 22 with 1373 viewsjudespiveyg

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 17:11 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Bloody hell.

Jerryworld holds about 100,000 though so percentages are similar to the SB. Obviously without vaccinated healthcare workers though.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 18:52 - Jan 22 with 1341 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 18:32 - Jan 22 by judespiveyg

Jerryworld holds about 100,000 though so percentages are similar to the SB. Obviously without vaccinated healthcare workers though.

Capacity of AT&T is 80k

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 18:58 - Jan 22 with 1322 viewsTractorWood

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 16:55 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Yea I said next season, I agree that we won't be back at PR this season and rightfully so.

Football season should be in the summer imho. Pointless being in Winter with a clearly seasonal virus.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 19:04 - Jan 22 with 1316 viewsjudespiveyg

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 18:52 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Capacity of AT&T is 80k

According to wikipedia its expandable to 105,000

Also in the 2019 season the Cowboys didn't have a home crowd smaller than 90,000 so percentage is still about the same. I'd be surprised if they bothered to take seats out.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/attendance.htm

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 19:08 - Jan 22 with 1309 viewsSuffolkPOSH

The Superbowl & Wrestlemania are bot being held in Florida, a state who's senators basically opened up everything at the earliest opportunity after their first lockdown. They were Trumps go to state to have his mass campaign gatherings as the Florida senators shared Trumps belief that the virus was nothing to worry about and that all businesses should operate as normal and wearing masks was not important. Therefore I wouldn't look at Florida as the norm but rather as the exception.

UEFA might keep an eye on the outcome of these events but you only need to look at Sturgis motorcycle rally last summer and the various spikes across the country after that event. I suspect the Euro's will be played in one country with no away fans attending and maybe not even any home fans attending. The question is which country would want to host the event, with the possibility of hosting it with no crowds or risking a huge rise in their R rate. Other option are that 2021 is cancelled or alternatively they could hold it on zoom.
Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 19:58 - Jan 22 with 1236 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 19:04 - Jan 22 by judespiveyg

According to wikipedia its expandable to 105,000

Also in the 2019 season the Cowboys didn't have a home crowd smaller than 90,000 so percentage is still about the same. I'd be surprised if they bothered to take seats out.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/attendance.htm

The Ray Jay has a higher potential capacity than quoted in this thread too - and presumably would have been at the upper level for the Superbowl in normal times

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make here tbh. J2 suggested that the Superbowl would provide a test case, I was simply pointing out that it doesn’t really give any additional learnings as American Football games were already taking place with those types of crowds (or indeed larger in the case of Dallas - both in total size and % terms)
[Post edited 22 Jan 2021 19:59]

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 20:01 - Jan 22 with 1216 viewsJ2BLUE

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 19:58 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The Ray Jay has a higher potential capacity than quoted in this thread too - and presumably would have been at the upper level for the Superbowl in normal times

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make here tbh. J2 suggested that the Superbowl would provide a test case, I was simply pointing out that it doesn’t really give any additional learnings as American Football games were already taking place with those types of crowds (or indeed larger in the case of Dallas - both in total size and % terms)

Well it's going to be a test case for WWE. I'm sure UEFA are watching everything like this with interest.

Truly impaired.

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 20:02 - Jan 22 with 1214 viewswkj

The odd thing about WWE pay per views is creatively they have been bearable since lockdown.

I do worry about NFL though. As I am sure you know, tailgate parties are a huge part of superbowl weekend, and that is where the problems are going to lie. As a life long KCC fan, I have family provisionally booking their superbowl vacations and really are making jokes about covid with some saying "Worth it".

I was the only liberal child in a family of conservatives... and it really is starting to do my head in more and more.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 20:09 - Jan 22 with 1190 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 20:01 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Well it's going to be a test case for WWE. I'm sure UEFA are watching everything like this with interest.

Ah, I didn’t realise Wrestlemania was being held there too - in that case yes they can

Not sure what UEFA will learn that isn’t already known from other events though

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 21:02 - Jan 22 with 1134 viewsbilllm

Crowds @ Euros/Super Bowl/Wrestlemania/Portman Road on 19:58 - Jan 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I've been there a few times, it's a big open stadium, 22k could be well spaced, the concourses are big and mostly open aired,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024