Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Love him or hate him MM is 23:09 - Jan 22 with 854 viewsskankerman

In a better place than ITFC .
Personally felt his time was up with us, but also know we would not have been relegated under his leadership.
We will still be in this division when he retires.

So long the opinion of many relegation being a way of rebuilding the club .

The club is on its knees and needs leadership and man management unlike our current regime.
Love him or hate him MM is on 03:54 - Jan 23 with 741 viewsstiff_talking

Mick was perfect for ITFC.

Evans lack of backing (in this case) spoiled the broth

It could have been a great relationship with backing

But why go back? This is dead topic and its over
Love him or hate him MM is on 11:00 - Jan 23 with 653 viewsstonojnr

Love him or hate him MM is on 03:54 - Jan 23 by stiff_talking

I said when he left until Town saw some level of success again it would just be a wound we'd keep picking at and reopening up again and again.

fwiw I dont think he'd have kept us up the next season, we seem to forget his last season went the way it did because our form was pretty much the pattern its been stuck in ever since, starts reasonably well, gets stuck in a rut of losing/not winning. our form from January till he left was relegation form had we not had a decent haul of points before Christmas that season, he'd have actually taken us down instead. and that was with the team of "good" players who Hurst let go.
Love him or hate him MM is on 11:24 - Jan 23 with 631 viewspointofblue

Love him or hate him MM is on 11:00 - Jan 23 by stonojnr

I said when he left until Town saw some level of success again it would just be a wound we'd keep picking at and reopening up again and again.

fwiw I dont think he'd have kept us up the next season, we seem to forget his last season went the way it did because our form was pretty much the pattern its been stuck in ever since, starts reasonably well, gets stuck in a rut of losing/not winning. our form from January till he left was relegation form had we not had a decent haul of points before Christmas that season, he'd have actually taken us down instead. and that was with the team of "good" players who Hurst let go.

To be fair, I’m not sure if the tail off was quite as dramatic as you say in 17/18 - yes, the four match winning start helped but the lowest we dropped was 14th on 7th April, sixteen points off the drop. At the end of 2017 we were lying eleventh, fourteen points off the bottom three. We were closer to relegation the year before.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Love him or hate him MM is on 12:30 - Jan 23 with 596 viewsTieDyedIn95

Love him or hate him MM is on 03:54 - Jan 23 by stiff_talking

Because that decision to not strengthen by Evans in 2014-15 and again in 2015-16 blew our last ever chance of saving this club. It will be talked about for years to come as these were the decisions by Evans that damned us to this fate.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Love him or hate him MM is on 13:10 - Jan 23 with 561 viewsMonkeyAlan

Evans lack of backing for Mick cost us big time. Easily the best manager that muppet has recruited. Persevering with the idiot we have in charge now is going to cost us even more in the long run. Evans you muppet.
Love him or hate him MM is on 13:11 - Jan 23 with 551 viewscbower

Love him or hate him MM is on 11:00 - Jan 23 by stonojnr

We finished above Leeds and Norwich in his last season (I'm counting the final few games in this) who both went on to be promoted In the next couple of seasons to the Premier League. What makes you so sure he would not have kept us up? That squad was 2 to 3 players off challenging for the play offs.

bluescouser

Love him or hate him MM is on 13:11 - Jan 23 with 545 viewsTrequartista

Love him or hate him MM is on 13:10 - Jan 23 by MonkeyAlan

Evans lack of backing for Mick cost us big time. Easily the best manager that muppet has recruited. Persevering with the idiot we have in charge now is going to cost us even more in the long run. Evans you muppet.

He's a good muppet egg.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Love him or hate him MM is on 13:14 - Jan 23 with 533 viewsMonkeyAlan

Love him or hate him MM is on 13:11 - Jan 23 by Trequartista

He's a good muppet egg.

Mick is a good egg. The numb skulls were bad eggs.
Login to get fewer ads

Love him or hate him MM is on 13:59 - Jan 23 with 499 viewsJermynblue

It is a good appointment for him so soon after his brief stint in Cyprus. I will be interested to see how he gets on. In the last season or so of his management spell with us, his style was setting us up not to lose rather than setting us up to win. I don't think that will meet the expectations of Cardiff's owners. Therefore, can he set up a team to be more attacking with the emphasis on winning rather than losing? I'm undecided but interested to see. He also has a team that is not in immediate relegation trouble but looking to get up in the top half of the table. Therefore he cannot use that as an excuse to set up defensively.

When Mick left I wanted to see what another manager would do with essentially the same squad. We never go that opportunity to find out as not only did we get a new manager but we also started the following season with a vastly different squad. Therefore that question remains unanswered and always will do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024