Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brewdog 'scam' 02:04 - Jan 23 with 4551 viewsHARRY10

A few weeks back the above were offering 4 cans for the cost of postage

I had forgotten about this and put it not turning up down to being lost/drunk in the post ......... hey ho, move on

An email today states that they have only now begun brewing the stuff, and they will begin sending the offer out 'sometime' after 8th Feb
Brewdog 'scam' on 07:27 - Jan 23 with 3400 viewsitfcjoe

How is that a scam, they said it was for a new brew and would be sent out once brewed when you ordered them?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Brewdog 'scam' on 07:53 - Jan 23 with 3360 viewshoppy

Brewdog 'scam' on 07:27 - Jan 23 by itfcjoe

How is that a scam, they said it was for a new brew and would be sent out once brewed when you ordered them?

Exactly. Just because someone doesn’t read something that’s clearly stated when ordering doesn’t make it a scam!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Brewdog 'scam' on 07:57 - Jan 23 with 3348 viewsHerbivore

This isn't a 'scam'.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brewdog 'scam' on 08:13 - Jan 23 with 3309 viewsTractorWood

Mine has said 22/02/21! A bit frustrating but not a scam.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Brewdog 'scam' on 08:53 - Jan 23 with 3228 viewsGiant_Midget

Write into Watchdog.
Brewdog 'scam' on 09:30 - Jan 23 with 3158 viewshoppy

Brewdog 'scam' on 08:53 - Jan 23 by Giant_Midget

Write into Watchdog.

Lynn Faulds Wood?

Strong forearms!

Brewdog 'scam' on 09:53 - Jan 23 with 3080 viewsEdwardStone

You can make your own BrewDog at home....'tis easy

Simply pour a glass of generic supermarket lager, Tesco Super Strong Economy is my fave

Add 100ml of a domestic toilet cleaner....I can recommend Toilet Duck, but Aldi equivalent also works well

Et Voila.....a perfectly acceptable BrewDog substitute
Brewdog 'scam' on 10:06 - Jan 23 with 3046 viewshoppy

Brewdog 'scam' on 09:53 - Jan 23 by EdwardStone

Simply pour a glass of generic supermarket lager, Tesco Super Strong Economy is my fave

Add 100ml of a domestic toilet cleaner....I can recommend Toilet Duck, but Aldi equivalent also works well

You’re a bad man.

Login to get fewer ads

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:09 - Jan 23 with 3036 viewseireblue

I think that is a little unfair, you need to use Citrus Toilet Duck, not just the bog standard one.
Brewdog 'scam' on 10:45 - Jan 23 with 2973 viewsEdwardStone

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:09 - Jan 23 by eireblue

I think that is a little unfair, you need to use Citrus Toilet Duck, not just the bog standard one.

Uppie for "Bog Standard"

Brewdog 'scam' on 12:24 - Jan 23 with 2875 viewsmonytowbray

Not a scam in itself, but the entire company is practically a scam anyway so 💁‍♂️

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Brewdog 'scam' on 13:28 - Jan 23 with 2785 viewsJ2BLUE

Hang on mate, we're just looking for a massive stick to put the moon on for you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:32 - Jan 25 with 2624 viewsipswich78

It now seems to be quite 'cool' to hate Brewdog. Why in this country to we hate success? Brewdog got so many plaudits when they were a 'plucky' smaller business going up against the corporates... They then become successful and people buy a lot of their beer.

People then turn and says it's crap etc. I wouldn't say I am a huge fan but i'll drink the stuff and it's a decent enough beer.

A what point does a company have to 'stop' growing to avoid this in the UK?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 2564 viewsclive_baker

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:32 - Jan 25 by ipswich78

It now seems to be quite 'cool' to hate Brewdog. Why in this country to we hate success? Brewdog got so many plaudits when they were a 'plucky' smaller business going up against the corporates... They then become successful and people buy a lot of their beer.

People then turn and says it's crap etc. I wouldn't say I am a huge fan but i'll drink the stuff and it's a decent enough beer.

Always been the case really. Small companies bust their nut to get big and big ones to stay small, or at least perceived as, especially in consumer goods.

I've got nothing against BrewDog particularly, they're just a massive PR machine that makes average beer, but that's nothing new. We're talking about a company that lodged a formal complaint about the strength of one its own beers, to generate some publicity. If anyone buys into the holier than thou BS that comes out of BrewDog then more fool them, but there's a whole lot worse companies whose ethics should be challenged than BrewDog.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:48 - Jan 25 with 2548 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The offer explicitly confirmed that it would be brewed and delivered in February

You failing to read properly doesn’t make something a scam

It’s also £3

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:49 - Jan 25 with 2548 viewsTractorWood

Always been a thing in the UK.

Their beer is pretty decent on the whole and their food is edible. Sure it's not the Dove and it's pretty expensive but they deserve their success when you consider how awful the wider market is. Spoons, Prezzo, Greene King, Cafe Rouge etc.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:49 - Jan 25 with 2547 viewschicoazul

Wouldn’t have happened under Corbyn eh

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:00 - Jan 25 with 2504 viewsBlueStreak

Brewdog 'scam' on 10:46 - Jan 25 by clive_baker

Always been the case really. Small companies bust their nut to get big and big ones to stay small, or at least perceived as, especially in consumer goods.

I've got nothing against BrewDog particularly, they're just a massive PR machine that makes average beer, but that's nothing new. We're talking about a company that lodged a formal complaint about the strength of one its own beers, to generate some publicity. If anyone buys into the holier than thou BS that comes out of BrewDog then more fool them, but there's a whole lot worse companies whose ethics should be challenged than BrewDog.

Best thing about Brewdog (by far) are their chicken wings. Superb.
Brewdog 'scam' on 11:09 - Jan 25 with 2482 viewsTIB

Away Days just put up their ITFC Legends packs...new lower prices plus a discount code of “LambertOut”...heard good things about them

https://awaydaysbeer.com/product/itfc-legends-pack/

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:10 - Jan 25 with 2477 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

100% this.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:15 - Jan 25 with 2458 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We're in a global pandemic, Boris is running the country, Brexit, ITFC are collapsing like a flan in a cupboard... and you're upset because your free beer isn't arriving as quick as you thought it would.

Jesus wept.

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:16 - Jan 25 with 2451 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:09 - Jan 25 by TIB

Away Days just put up their ITFC Legends packs...new lower prices plus a discount code of “LambertOut”...heard good things about them

Don't forget, if you get too big we're all going to be cool by saying we hate you , your marketing and your average beer.

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:18 - Jan 25 with 2439 viewsMJallday

Call me if wye valley or adnams do this

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:20 - Jan 25 with 2430 viewsEdwardStone

I don't hate them...not at all

I have had a few pints of their beer in my time

I thought it was unpleasant.....way too sharp, much too acidic; hence my quip about toilet cleaner

Their pub I visited in Birmingham was soulless, charmless and sterile

Their food seemed overpriced for what it was

I love their ethical stance, I laughed at their eye test beer and I respect their canny use of PR

I just wish that they made a pleasant traditional beer alongside their more contemporary offerings
Brewdog 'scam' on 11:22 - Jan 25 with 2420 viewsEwan_Oozami

Brewdog 'scam' on 11:09 - Jan 25 by TIB

Can you brew a "Lambert's Stout"?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024