Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've been ok for large parts of that 15:49 - Jan 23 with 1862 viewsSteve_M

Not great but much better than the last two matches.

Still no goal threat and three of our back five are really not on it at the moment. Holy's kicking has been awful, he's got away with three, Toto just won't learn and Chambers' use of the ball is awful today.

Still think Peterborough are more likely winners but if we can score first.....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:50 - Jan 23 with 1832 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s yet more no-threat football. We are merely existing.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1814 viewsBluefish

When you say OK you mean we are hanging in there so far in a 3rd division game at home

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:51 - Jan 23 with 1820 viewsacj

Agree with all of this - we’ve created nothing (and not really looked like creating anything) but we have moved the ball just a little quicker and looked to have a bit more purpose about us today, which is a big step in the right direction.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1795 viewshomer_123

It's a lot more open though Steve. We've been very powder puff in the final third.

It's ok but the bar is low from previous weeks.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:52 - Jan 23 with 1772 viewsFixed_It

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:51 - Jan 23 by Bluefish

When you say OK you mean we are hanging in there so far in a 3rd division game at home

It is what it is.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:53 - Jan 23 with 1742 viewsBluefish

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:52 - Jan 23 by Fixed_It

It is what it is.

It doesn't have to be. They look like a team, we look like a bunch of players on a pitch

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:54 - Jan 23 with 1705 viewsArnieM

Disagree . Absolutely ZERO goal threat from us , as per usual.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:55 - Jan 23 with 1684 viewsLankHenners

Going a bit more direct even if it’s to force a throw in in their defensive third is more effective than what we’ve been doing but as you say hasn’t amounted to anything.

Peterborough seem slightly subdued and feel like they can definitely step it up - wouldn’t be a surprise to see them get another penalty, McGuinness and Nsiala don’t look comfortable in a partnership and the latter showed his usual rash timing once already. Dived in needlessly hard and strong to knock the ball out for a throw in early on which set the tone.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:55 - Jan 23 with 1663 viewsclive_baker

Yep.

Holy's dodgy as, Toto's a complete liability who frankly shouldn't be playing, and Drinan up front on his tod isn't going to yield much.

Not sure we've learnt anything new.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:57 - Jan 23 with 1646 viewsRobTheMonk

There's so much wrong with our forward play that I genuinely question what's going on during training sessions.
We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:57 - Jan 23 with 1627 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:51 - Jan 23 by Bluefish

We're not creating much but to say we're "hanging in there" is clearly nonsense.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:58 - Jan 23 with 1603 viewsjayessess

I think we started with the bit between our teeth and played with a bit more energy, but... quality still isn't there.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Agreed on 15:59 - Jan 23 with 1586 viewsunstableblue

Still a lot of things wrong, but Posh are a good side. And our press has been so much better, Downes very influential.

But Drinan isolated. And Chambo is having an absolute shocker. So a miracle we’re not 1 down.

A big 45mins... edwards and judge need to push up and link with Bishop... that’s when we have had our best moments. But jeeze how we are missing KVY - he’d transform us today.

Ward and Chambo they were great when we were doing, they have been pants for months

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:59 - Jan 23 with 1578 viewsLankHenners

I’ll add I wouldn’t mind seeing Thomas on to have a go at Beevers - robust defender but slow as fook and container ship agility levels. Might be the sort of wildcard play we can get something from.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:00 - Jan 23 with 1551 viewshomer_123

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:58 - Jan 23 by jayessess

I think we started with the bit between our teeth and played with a bit more energy, but... quality still isn't there.

As we all know....we have the ability to occasionally play OK but its always in short spells and we rarely take advantage of it. Today is a case in point.

They've turned our defence two or three times to get in behind us....we have not even looked like doing that.

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:00 - Jan 23 with 1545 viewsSteve_M

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:51 - Jan 23 by acj

Agree with all of this - we’ve created nothing (and not really looked like creating anything) but we have moved the ball just a little quicker and looked to have a bit more purpose about us today, which is a big step in the right direction.

Shame it's not Norwood up front rather than Drinan. The latter is willing but, other than against Wigan for 45 minutes, he hasn't really offered anything when he's played.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:01 - Jan 23 with 1527 viewshomer_123

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:59 - Jan 23 by LankHenners

I’ll add I wouldn’t mind seeing Thomas on to have a go at Beevers - robust defender but slow as fook and container ship agility levels. Might be the sort of wildcard play we can get something from.

Attacking wise....we need a change for sure.

Nothing doing really in the first half.

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:02 - Jan 23 with 1499 viewsHerbivore

It's a bit worrying that a third division home game where we've not threatened in 45 minutes is considered an okay performance.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:02 - Jan 23 with 1491 viewshomer_123

We've been ok for large parts of that on 15:57 - Jan 23 by The_Flashing_Smile

We're not creating much but to say we're "hanging in there" is clearly nonsense.

Fair point but only one team really looks like scoring.

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:03 - Jan 23 with 1463 viewsBluefish

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:02 - Jan 23 by homer_123

Fair point but only one team really looks like scoring.

They missed a pen ffs and got in behind a couple of times, how is it a fair point

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:05 - Jan 23 with 1443 viewsBlueBadger

We've been ok for large parts of that on 16:02 - Jan 23 by Herbivore

It's a bit worrying that a third division home game where we've not threatened in 45 minutes is considered an okay performance.

It's up there with all those limp Championship defeats that were hailed as 'improved performances' in terms of the bar being low, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024